Sign in to follow this  
jelltex

So, what now?

The question is, do we

a. continue with the same team in the vain hope that we will make the playoffs thanks to five of the teams above us being abducted by aliens, or

b. Maybe give some of the younger players a longer run in the team, seeing as it''s probably them that will be playing next season anyway?

I think you see where my point of view is.

Although I think it is everyone''s right to protest, I am thinking, what''s the point continueing? I mean, we made our point, and the club saw the pictures, heard the silence. What is clear that noting is going to change before the summer. Although I believe it is time for Nigel to go, the point has been made, what good can me done by going further? I would suggest that let things be for now, and if things really don''t change over the summer, then, let the protests begin. What happens over the summer will tell us what the club''s abitions really are.

One other question, Nigel has a one year rolling contract; does that mean we have to give hime one years notice to get rid of him, or does it roll from the first day of the season, or some other such day?

As I recall, when Bobby Robson had a one year rolling contract, he had a year in the job every morning he woke up. For this season, I really think that the kids, or at least fringe players need to be given a chance. Id like to see Henderson, Ryan Jarvis and Colin in the team as a bare minimum. Id also like to start looking for a new manager now, with a view to despatching Worthy at the end of the season, thus giving the new manager as much time and money as possible. i can''t see any point in sacking Worthy now, it would only disrupt things and possibly lead to Foley/Livermore becoming caretaker then appointed permenantly. Plus there will probably be quite a bit of movement of managers anyway so we might be able to get somebody for less money then.