Sign in to follow this  
0peteddMMyyyy0Falseen-USTrue

What if Nigel had been a good manager

Imagine this scenario City stayed up handsomely last season, we continued to play attractive football and received plaudits each week for their performances, the tactics were spot on, Nigel develops youngsters and turns blossoming talent into effective Premiership players.  Worthy''s sign is in the ascendence and other clubs are trying to lure him away, would he show the loyalty we would demand.  What do you think, I know what I think, remember NW using an escape to Sheff Wed not so long ago to get a better deal.

He''d be off like a shot.  

I suspect that you''re right, and IF he had been able to keep us in the Premiership other clubs would have been clamouring.It''s all academic - it''s patently obvious that he lacks tatctical flexibility and imagination, sound judgement on player quality, and ability to man-manage pllayers. So he didn''t, and they didn''t, and we are stuck with him.

Have you never used an offer from somewhere else to get a better deal at your place of work?  I think you''re under the illusion that football managers should do the job for the love of it, when was the offer from Sheff Wed by the way? We were unlucky not to stay up last season IMO, remember the first half against Fulham? 2 blatant penalties turned down and a perfectly good Dean Ashton goal dissallowed but all anyone ever mentions is Francis'' lack of commitment. Hucks rounding Robinson at White Hart Lne & Ledley King just getting a foot in?  It wasn''t all bad tactics.  PS: Don''t take this as being pro-worthy, I''m not, but you can''t attack the guy for a hyperthetical situation made up by someone who attacks Worthy over every little thing.  

I don''t know what brand of crack you would have to be on to imagine any of the above, Pete, but assuming it all happened then I suspect he would go (as surely any other manager would given the club in question was bigger than ours) and as he had served us well and laid good foundations for our continued development, then I would wish him well.  Much like a player leaving for bigger things.

As you mention Sheffield Wednesday, yes, I can''t seem to forget that one either, though it looks like the board have.