Sign in to follow this  
Huddy

Sign here if you are going to the protest

[quote user="Andrew Nickerson"]

[quote user="Helsinki canary"]I would support the protest if it was a consistent process - instead what we see is fair weather protesters - only protesting when we lose a game or two - once we win a couple the protests are cancelled - either be consistent or forget it.[/quote]

That''s ridiculous. Completely ridiculous.

If there was a protest march against Sheffield Utd, the protestors would then have been accused of protesting for the sake of protesting and not supporting the game.

Fact of the matter is that against Leeds and Sheffield Utd we saw a dramatic turn around in performance. We saw a chance of slipping into the play offs, of "turning the corner" if you will. The Burnley game - the catastrophic no show - highlighted with tremendous transparency the continued problems the club has.

[/quote]However it is not the first time this season that this has happened. There may not have been protests but if this board is anything to go by we loose a couple on the trott and then win one or two and apparently our players didnt play well enough in the wins even. The problem is people have got into an awful habbit of constantly criticising the team.And yes it does effect their performances - some players are out there and you can see they are playing without confidence. We had this a couple of seasons ago when poor Henderson was slated so much that he was scared to touch the ball incase he made a mistake.Do you not think now is any different? Should Worthington throw our youngsters to the lions? At the moment those players know they have underperformed but they also know that our fans can be fickle. If one of them looks like he is having a bad day they get victimised. The best way of avoiding that is by playing hot-potato with the ball. Keep it moving without thinking too much about it. The defence play long as its their easiest option.So yes the negativeness has effected our season. And yes it had effect before the protests. And so far as I remember Worthyout.co.uk and Mr Blower were not the creators of the protests nor the recognised leaders of the group that support the outing of the manager. They both agreed a truce! So what if it was back in the Chase days which people keep comparing this too - people would have been there anyway.Yes now people can protest non stop but as Helsinki has said people have been on and off all season.

[quote user="chicken"]

However it is not the first time this season that this has happened. There may not have been protests but if this board is anything to go by we loose a couple on the trott and then win one or two and apparently our players didnt play well enough in the wins even. The problem is people have got into an awful habbit of constantly criticising the team.

And yes it does effect their performances - some players are out there and you can see they are playing without confidence. We had this a couple of seasons ago when poor Henderson was slated so much that he was scared to touch the ball incase he made a mistake.

Do you not think now is any different? Should Worthington throw our youngsters to the lions? At the moment those players know they have underperformed but they also know that our fans can be fickle. If one of them looks like he is having a bad day they get victimised. The best way of avoiding that is by playing hot-potato with the ball. Keep it moving without thinking too much about it. The defence play long as its their easiest option.

So yes the negativeness has effected our season. And yes it had effect before the protests. And so far as I remember Worthyout.co.uk and Mr Blower were not the creators of the protests nor the recognised leaders of the group that support the outing of the manager. They both agreed a truce! So what if it was back in the Chase days which people keep comparing this too - people would have been there anyway.

Yes now people can protest non stop but as Helsinki has said people have been on and off all season.
[/quote]

Actually, protests started two days before the Stoke campaign with the NCISA open meeting. Until then it was simply discontent.

The problem is, Chicken, is that you seem to labour under the misrepresentation that the player''s low confidence is down simply to protesting supporters. Nothing about the soul crushing 6-0 defeat against Fulham. Or the crushing defeats at QPR, Watford, Luton, Palace, Wolves, Burnley, Reading, Ipswich at home etc etc etc. The majority of which can be pinned very directly by basic mistakes made by Nigel (playing a 4-3-3 against Reading for example).

The negativity at Carrow Road might also be down to an entire season of not winning away! Or having one of the worst defensive records in the division. Just a thought...

I think what the players need to realise is that the protests are not against them. Yes, they''ve played poorly. Yes, they''re as much to blame as the manager. But at the end of the day the manager is making continual and fundamentally basic mistakes. I''m confident that should the manager get what he''s got rightfully (IMO) coming to him and a decent manager replacing him (Phil Parkinson for manager, btw) these basic mistakes will stop, the team will perform better and we can get on a decent run and get some confidence back. I certinatly don''t think we can blame the negativity alone around Carrow Road on the team''s lack of confidence.

They should be professional, try and ignore it and go and earn more in a week than I would in a year. I do sympathise; it can''t be easy in such circumstances. But at the end of the day, I''d rather lose the rest of the games and get rid of Nigel protesting than keep quiet, and watch us lose the rest of our games playing hoofball.

As for Henderson, I think part of his problem was that season trying to adjust to being a winger. He''s not a winger, he''s not built for being a winger and he''s not got the skills - he''s much better as a striker. I''m confident that should our youngsters not face a similar plight and are played in their correct positions, they will do fine and outshine their so-called experienced counterparts.

OTBC! To the picket line!

PS. Yes, I do hope to be travelling down to attend the protest, despite me not having a ticket to the match.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

i shall be there.. we have been protesting since October!

jas :)

[/quote]

i remember the first... hope we see the last ASAP