Sign in to follow this  
Chelmsford Yella

I suggest a new pressure campaign...

[quote user="Chelmsford Yella"]

...one that keeps Worthington but demands ''We Want Our Football Back...''

Who''s with me?

[/quote]

WHY KEEP WORTHY???  HE HAS RUN HIS COURSE??  HE IS A HOOFBALL MERCHANT!! 

Its no surprise the players cant pass for toffee

no thanks. just give us football without worthless. thats the only way you will get it back, when the idiot has gone.

But do you not agree that there was a time under him when we didn''t play hoofball but played to our reputation as a decent footballing side. That won us the Championship the season before last.

Now don''t get me wrong - I''m a Worthy doubter. But face the facts. HE AIN''T GONNA GO!! So what do you do?

Well, you either protest to the point of dividing the Club we''re all passionate about or you make it clear that the current style of play isn''t acceptable and it has to revert to what we had.

I''m now in the latter camp because my heart just simply isn''t in pouring more negativity on the Club I love.

And all the while, that blue sc#m down the road are smirking their little binner faces off at the protesting and tearing apart of the Club.

Yes but alot of supporters cant sit around and do nothing and hope under Worthington we will get the ball back on the floor and play the passing game. Unfortunatly its all ifs and buts. Its hard to protest for every WOer, no one wants to protest, its a last resort but theres only so much each supporter can take.

[quote user="Chelmsford Yella"]

But do you not agree that there was a time under him when we didn''t play hoofball but played to our reputation as a decent footballing side. That won us the Championship the season before last.

Now don''t get me wrong - I''m a Worthy doubter. But face the facts. HE AIN''T GONNA GO!! So what do you do?

Well, you either protest to the point of dividing the Club we''re all passionate about or you make it clear that the current style of play isn''t acceptable and it has to revert to what we had.

I''m now in the latter camp because my heart just simply isn''t in pouring more negativity on the Club I love.

And all the while, that blue sc#m down the road are smirking their little binner faces off at the protesting and tearing apart of the Club.

[/quote]

Firstly, I don''t agree that we''ve ever played good football under Worthington. In our Championship-winning season we relied on using Huckerby to create or score an early goal and then the defence to make sure we didn''t concede. We were frequently outplayed.

But that''s beside the point. How on earth do you propose that we demand the team to play passing football? For a start, a lot of the players just aren''t up to it. Worthington''s had all season to get the team playing well and, apart from the odd few minutes here and there, he hasn''t achieved it. His time has come.