Is it just me, or is the latest piece of ''analysis'' by Mr Waghorn, the most incredible piece of drivel ever?

Entitled ''Its the hope that kills me'' (although I would have imagined a better title might have been ''Its trying to write a weekly article that kills me'') he contrasts our dismal season with Reading''s...

The gist seems to be that we (best supported in division, parachute payments, large wage bill, england internationals, money to spend etc etc...) have suffered through a uniquely difficult set of circumstances which have, tragically, forced the manager to (god forbid) make some decisions...which inevitably...being ''human'' (although I guess a better word to choose here might have been ''useless'')... largely, but according to Rick''s clear inference, understandably, got largely wrong...

Reading, by happy contrast, haven''t had to , wait for it, do anything much at all (!) week by week, save, presumably, turn up and automatically win due to their star packed squad of Brazilian internationals. This includes winning automatically without any (delete as applicable) training/tactics/motivation/selection needed at all...(Wow that sounds like a dream job...I guess Steve Coppell doesn''t even bother attending matches anymore...probably stays at home watching the latest results roll in on teletext...)

''The last time Steve Coppell had to make a managerial decision of note was probably September''

''Reading have virtually managed themselves''

''The more decisions a manager has to make, the more his chances of getting them wrong increase.''

Unbelievable...

I began to wonder whether Waghorn was becoming stuck for things to write about a few months ago when he wrote a piece about the lack of players in the current squad being married compared to the squad of two seasons ago.

He was trying to use this as an excuse for our poor form this season, he overlooked the fact that this squad WASN''T AS GOOD !!!!

''The last time Steve Coppell had to make a managerial decision of note was probably September'' - Likewise Worthy

''Reading have virtually managed themselves'' - This really bugs me because its totally discredting Coppell''s good work. If someone opposed to Worthy was to suggest that Norwich virtually managed themselves during the promotion campaign as Worthy stood by and take all the praise, they''d be shot down

Very desperate offerings from Waghorn

Coppell did make a few good decisions however, he signed some good players cheaply in the summer and sold Andy Huges for £550,000.  Worthy failed to sign a single decent player permanently all season (apart from erny whom doesnt fit into his pattern of play!!)

Coppell also doesnt play left back s in midfield when he has a fully fit squad.

Maybe Mr Waghorn is right.

Surely Readings campaign this season compares closely to our 2004 promotion season.

No coincidence then that the last successful season Worthy had was when the team was managing themselves and no decisions had to be made!

Maybe this is what you meant Mr Waghorn?