Sign in to follow this  
Jerzy Krukowski

worst no show?

Sorry for a slightly negative tone of this post, but given Friday''s match, what''s the worst no-show you can remember?

I vote for Sunderland FA cup semi-final, Fulham  last season a close second

That I have seen....  This season Burnley or Preston - absolutely terrible performances, the 2nd half against Burnley being the worst I think I have ever seen us play in 15 years.  Dickson Etuhu''s performance against Preston was probably the worst I have seen in a few years. Im sure their are far worse (probably derveld, easton in centre mid) but Etuhu did nothing apart from missplace a couple of passes and break a players leg with his only tackle that day...

Reading away was genuinely the worst performance in donkeys years - Sunderland semi had been erased from my mind as another poor effort -  but Reading this season was the worst I have left a match in a long long while.

Got to be Reading away this season for me.

Fulham was also bad, but at least we had a penalty decision not given and a goal not given in the 1st 10 minutes, could have been so different if one of those decisions had gone for us. Still it was a nice day out (even in the home stand) pity the football spoiled it. Mind you I could say that about Stoke, Watford and Luton as well.

For this season Palace away was a thoroughly humiliating experience all round, the only extenuating excuse would

be that Palace were a good side, QPR away however was just pathetic.

However the Sunderland semi -final as previously mentioned was the biggest let down I''ve witnessed in 26 years of watching Norwich.

MK Dons in the cup this season, how cr@p are they and we only beat them with a bundled in goal on 120 minutes.  Oh hold on I forgot about QPR away, absolutely shocking.

I guess it depends on what you were hoping for when you set off for the game.

Derby away this season was a shocking performance but I cant say I expected any better anyway so it wasn''t really a no show , it was pretty much true to form.

Fulham 6-0 was a shocking result but as someone else has pointed out it wasn''t as shocking a performance as many others this season and a few last season too(Fulham at home was more of a no show).

For a pure no show when I went to the game with high optimism , Sunderland FA Semi-Final and Derby FA Quarter Final (1983 I think?) are difficult to separate.Both games against clubs a division lower at the time.In both cases we took thousands of fans who all expected us to win a big game for a change.In both cases we were pitiful and rolled over and played dead without so much as a whimper.

They are what I call no shows.

My no show memories are mostly all FA Cup related. Sunderland and Derby have already been mentioned with the wonderful Paul Haylock playing the role of the pantomime horse that day.

However who can remember Grimsby away in the FA Cup late 1990''s! I was already planning for the next round on the grim trip up there. Still if you are not going to turn up for a place, then Grimsby is surely the place to miss....

What made it worse for me was the trip to Wolves the following Saturday. I thought we would turn it around and we lost 5-0! Happy days

DateOpponentH/AResultReport
Sat Aug 6Coventry City

H
1-1
Tue Aug 9Crewe Alexandra

H
1-1Report
Sat Aug 13Crystal Palace

H
1-1Report
Sat Aug 20Southampton

A
1-0Report
Tue Aug 23Carling Cup (1): MK Dons

A
0-1Report
Sat Aug 27Leeds United

H
0-1Report
Mon Aug 29Stoke City

A
3-1Report

Tue Sep 13Watford

A
2-1Report
Sat Sep 24Reading

H
0-1Report
Tue Sep 27Hull City

H
2-1Report
Sat Oct 15

Millwall

H
1-1Report
Tue Oct 18Luton Town

A
4-2Report
Sat Oct 22Queens Park Rangers

A
3-0Report
Sat Oct 29Sheffield Wednesday

H
0-1Report

Sat Nov 5

Wolverhampton Wanderers

A
2-0Report
Tue Nov 22Millwall

A
1-0Report
Sat Nov 26Coventry City

A
2-2Report
Sat Dec 3Derby County

A
2-0Report

Mon Jan 2Preston North End

H
0-3Report
Sat Jan 7FA Cup (3): West Ham

H
1-2Report
Sat Jan 14Plymouth Argyle

A
1-1Report
Sat Jan 21Watford

H
2-3Report
Tue Jan 31Reading

A
4-0Report
Sun Feb 5Live on SkyIpswich Town

H
1-2Report
Sat Feb 11Hull City

A
1-1Report
Tue Feb 14Brighton & Hove Albion

H
3-0Report
Sat Feb 25Crystal Palace

A
4-1Report
Fri Mar 24Live on SkyBurnley

A
2-0
And I''ve been kind. W. O.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]Etuhu did nothing apart from missplace a couple of passes and break a players leg with his only tackle that day...[/quote]

Chortle! I think that needs rephrasing!

Sorry.

[quote user="Lincoln Canary"]

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]Etuhu did nothing apart from missplace a couple of passes and break a players leg with his only tackle that day...[/quote]

Sorry.

[/quote]

Lincoln Canary - do you post on Wrath as LincolnUniCanary?

Fulham away last year was shockingly bad - an unforgiveable non performance. One of the most important games in the history of NCFC and what do the players do? They don''t turn up. To my mind Worthless and the 2 numpties who "assist" him should have been sacked on the spot, for this game alone. But no, they are still here, still muddling along, with a spot of hoofball thrown in to help keep us all entertained. Marvellous!

[quote user="Andrew Nickerson"][quote user="Lincoln Canary"]

Sorry.

[/quote]

Lincoln Canary - do you post on Wrath as LincolnUniCanary?

[/quote]

No, that''s not me. I have to say I''ve been surprised to see quite a number of NCFC shirts around Lincoln though. I guess it''s mainly students and Norfolk exiles.