Sign in to follow this  
CANARY BRAVEHEART

BRING BACK STEVE BRUCE

I can''t help but think given the way Birmingham''s season is going that Steve Bruce might get the sack. There are circumstances which haven''t helped Birminghams cause as they have had alot of injurys this season but I would just like to see the Norwich board bring back Bruce. After all he can''t do any worse than Worthington.

Part of the reason i think Bruce would do well as a manager for Norwich is because:

• He''s a leader
  • I''ve heard that hes quite good with his players in training
  • He''s an excellent coach 
  • He''s honest in his interviews
  • Most of his signings for Birmingham have been good, a better record than Worthy''s !

Worthington has none of these attributes. 

Bruce would be good at getting the best out of the current lot of players we have. Tactically he''d probably do better than Worthington.

I know I would like him back. What do you Norwich fans think

Braveheart,

I am inclined to agree with you about Bruce, the attributes you outlined are, to the best of my knowledge, correct. I would welcome him as manager, though i would be a little worried about his loyalty. Granted, it has only been the once he jumped ship from Palace to Birmingham, but he has also had a history of skitting from club to club.....

As i said i would welcome him as manager but i would prefer a younger manager who is hungry for success to prove themselves. 

OH MY GOD!

The daftness of some of the posts on this board amazes me.

I''m fed up with these sentimental shouts for a new manager. Take off the green and yellow goggles and get real please!

I have stated my reasons for not wanting Steve Bruce on here before so won''t go in to them again but will just say that the fact that Bruce is going to be sacked by Brum in the near future as one very good reason we don''t want him.

Braveheart you must remember Brucie left City to better himself after a brief stay a la Deano, to some City supporters this will always mean he is a money grabbing Judas, and not a talented manager unlike Nigel Worthington who is not a money grabber but a limpet holding on to his salary for as long as possible after passing his sell by date.

God No! He''s managed to take Birmingham to the regalation zone and considering that the backroom people (including David Gold and David Sullivan) have given him a pretty open check book i can''t see how he''s done so crap. Pennatt is a great player but he''s got some dead weight in his squad.

No Thanks, We can''t replace worthy with the likes of replacing Worthy with McCarthey, Megson etc. We need someone fresh and younger like Parkinson, Bowen, Newell or even Simpson or Allen!

[quote user="pete"]Braveheart you must remember Brucie left City to better himself after a brief stay a la Deano, to some City supporters this will always mean he is a money grabbing Judas, and not a talented manager unlike Nigel Worthington who is not a money grabber but a limpet holding on to his salary for as long as possible after passing his sell by date.[/quote]

Steve Bruce had a "brief stay" did he?   He was with the club from 1984 to 1987, appeared for the club 180 times and scored 21 goals - THAT Milk Cup goal probably being the most famous...

OK he might not be the man for the job, but Pete, get your facts right mate!!!!!

[quote user="pete"]Braveheart you must remember Brucie left City to better himself after a brief stay a la Deano, to some City supporters this will always mean he is a money grabbing Judas, and not a talented manager unlike Nigel Worthington who is not a money grabber but a limpet holding on to his salary for as long as possible after passing his sell by date.[/quote]

Garbage - he was here 3 or 4 seasons , was part of the best team I''ve ever seen in City shirts (promotion team) and he left to join Manchester United , for gods sake ! Its not like he went off saying West Ham are a ''huge'' club.

Back to the subject though , he has a decent squad at Birmingham and he cant seem to motivate them even for an FA Cup Q-F.Cant see how he''d improve anything here.

he wanted to leave when we went down , but then contracts actually

meant something - he threatened to strike when we refused teh bid from

Man Utd and  then  couldn;t leave quick enough - he may have

scored that winner , but we were only ever a stop gap for him , he is a

money grabbing  Judas , wh o should never be employed by this club

again

I have already gone on record as saying that I''d be delighted if Brucey became our new manager (if and when we need one)

The fact that some posters on here love to dwell on the past, and say he left under dubious circumstances etc etc, need to wise up. At the end of the day, he''d be 10 times better than what we''ve got now, and yes he did have a problem with "jumping ship" a few too many times, but if he weren''t so sought after, would have have done it? and ask yourself why has was so sought after? because he is a good manager, that''s why.

So instead of living in the past, and saying "well 20 years ago he left for Man Utd" (anybody would leave Norwich for Man Utd, even then when we weren''t so far apart in league position!) How about moving on, and thinking what would be best for the culb now. I bet some of you who don''t want Bruce would have happily took Burley earlier in the season, and we''ve more reason not to want him!!!!

GET OVER IT!

Worthy out!

Brucey in!

he did a good job at birmingham with good signings, getting them promoted and STAYING UP.

The moment he signed cast offs Heskey and Melchiot it all went wrong....  In his favour he got Brum promoted and Kept them up for a few seasons...

I would rather take a chance on Mark Bowen - He has been an able assistant to both Steve Bruce and now Mark Hughes

"new Welsh national team coach Mark Hughes had given him responsibility for the Welsh Under 21 team. Mark was promoted to Assistant Manager for the Welsh national team before joining Steve Bruce in a similar role at Crystal Palace in June 2001. Mark followed Bruce to Birmingham City (again as Assistant Manager) in December 2001 where they led the Blues to promotion to the Premiership via a Play-Off final victory over the Canaries. Birmingham''s presence in the top flight and the struggles involved with that led to a club vs country row at the end of August 2002 when Bruce suggested that Mark retires from his position with the Welsh Under-21 squad. Eventually Mark stepped down from his role with Wales. Bowen and Birmingham parted company towards the end of June 2004 due to a contraual dispute.

When mark Hughes took over as manager of Blackburn Rovers, he re-established his link with Bowen appointing him as Assistant Manager. "

So he was involved in Palace''s good run under Steve Bruce, Birmingham''s promotion and subsequent survival, wales good period of form and blackburn''s good form now.

Everyone has to start somewhere, he looks to me to have served a good apprenticeship and if he wants a management role, why not??