Sign in to follow this  
FatMan Fat

Am I really going to be a Worthy fan?

In the past I have been happy to pass judgement on Mr W for some of his ( to me) very strange decisions. However, based on the last couple of months, further criticism would be crass...we are even playing 4-3-3 now:-0}
Promotion is assured, the Championship looks like it will be ours, the "team" certainly exude that they are indeed a "team", Delia is delighted with him, so who am I to doubt him??

How does the song go?

"Nigel Worthington,
Nigel,
Nigel Worthington,
Nigel"

All together now :-0}

fat man fat

i think it is fair to say, nigel has had his critics on here, and i was one of them earlier in the season, (even more so last year), he has made strange decisions at times, and some of the stuff we played away from home was dire to say the least, but i have to say since the arrival of the loan players he hasn''t done much wrong

no one is perfect, and we all see things differently, but what has really warmed me to nigel is the way he really cares about this club, and the players, it is so easy to see it, they all play for him and each other, he has brought players out of their shell, bought in some incredible talent and bargains and most of all kept his dignity when all around were losing theirs (colin, pardew and megson please take note), i won''t mention bfj, he is a law unto himself

so yes, i would say i was a worthy fan, but being a fan doesn''t mean you wear rose tinted specs, i am sure he will still have the occasional off day, as we all do - but this season he has developed into one of the best managers we have had, and getting hucks here (and more importantly, making sure we kept him), will go down in my mind as the mark of a great manager

so, well done worthy, you will be manager of the year, quite rightly too

Gazza, thank you for your very eloquent posting :-0}
I was actually trying to say that I had revised my opinion of Worthy and was giving him credit for what he has achieved. The most meaningfull achievement (in my eyes) being the squad that he has built, and their obvious respect for him, along with a team spirit that must be the envy of many other clubs.