Sign in to follow this  
The Duke of Norfolk

Etuhu, Earnshaw, Rehman, and JJ2 it can't have gone unnoticed...

by the board that theses 4 players have cost them probably getting on for £4 million and that they are in the case of Etuhu, JJ2 and Rehman they are now all just substitutes at best? Also Earnie is being benched for away games.

Now for a club that has in Delias words "scant resources" such players have been money wasted.

Surely they must be questioning NW''s judgement?

Will they allow him to spend more money in the summer bearing in mind that aside from Earnshaw, he hasn''t made a decent signing this season.

Lets see Thorne, Colin, Hughes, Jarrett, Robinson, Etuhu, JJ2 and Rehman.

Thats not just the odd mistake in the transfer market.

That''s definitely quite harsh.  I thought that most of those signings looked quite promising at the time (with the exception of Thorne).  It''s only with hindsight that you can say that they have been poor signgings.  Hughes is improving for Norwich all the time, and I can see him being an important player next season.  I also think that most supporters would welcome the permanent signings of JJ2 and Rehman, wouldn''t they? maybe I''m wrong.

[quote user="NimChimpskee"]That''s definitely quite harsh.  I thought that most of those signings looked quite promising at the time (with the exception of Thorne).  It''s only with hindsight that you can say that they have been poor signgings.  Hughes is improving for Norwich all the time, and I can see him being an important player next season.  I also think that most supporters would welcome the permanent signings of JJ2 and Rehman, wouldn''t they? maybe I''m wrong.[/quote]

Harsh, that''s generous. We had Etuhu on loan for several weeks and I''d love to know when he looked quite promising because I thought he looked absolute rubbish but we signed hin anyway. Now it seems that a couple of months later Worthington''s realised what everyone saw immediately. That''s half a million straight down the drain.

And in answer to your question. No, I would most definitely not want to see either JJ2 or Rehman signed.

Surely the real question is why were they ever brought in instead of giving some of our own youngsters a chance?

I agree with nim, that''s a bit harse! I agree with you that Thorne and Robinson sucks and should be out in the summer. Earnshaw was £2.75 Millions but I think he''s a good replacement for ashton and i like him, he''s got a good personality and he can really play good football, see today one good pass from Safri and Earny scores. All he needs is a good creative attacking midfielder or supporting striker!

Hughes and Etuhu will improve, i''m sure of it (At least one of them!). I think next season Andy will be better and Etuhu might improve. Maybe a summer signing will help them.

Jarrett seemed like he''d do well, I think due to Worthy he hasn''t shown his full potential

.....and I would like to see Johanson and Rehman sign in the summer, as Johanson seems to be quite useful (and free) and Rehman would be a good right defender as Fleming is getting too slow. Not sure about Jurgen?

Worthy''s signings are mostly good, it''s just Worthy''s way of playing, training etc doesn''t suit some of them so you never see the true player!

[quote user="Tom NCFC"] Worthy''s signings are mostly good, it''s just Worthy''s way of playing, training etc doesn''t suit some of them so you never see the true player! [/quote]

The majority of Worthy''s signings have not been good. The only ''unknown'' buys that have panned out have been Francis, Svennsson, Safri and McKenzie.

Andy Hughes is not a good player, ask the majority of reading fans and they''ll laugh at how we managed to fork out £500k for him.

[quote user="ncfc4prem"]

[quote user="Tom NCFC"] Worthy''s signings are mostly good, it''s just Worthy''s way of playing, training etc doesn''t suit some of them so you never see the true player! [/quote]

The majority of Worthy''s signings have not been good. The only ''unknown'' buys that have panned out have been Francis, Svennsson, Safri and McKenzie.

Andy Hughes is not a good player, ask the majority of reading fans and they''ll laugh at how we managed to fork out £500k for him.

[/quote]Yeah but you probably wont hear the Reading fans laughing cos they are being out laughed by the Preston,Forest and Cardif fans

[quote user="NimChimpskee"]That''s definitely quite harsh.  I thought that most of those signings looked quite promising at the time (with the exception of Thorne).  It''s only with hindsight that you can say that they have been poor signgings.  Hughes is improving for Norwich all the time, and I can see him being an important player next season.  I also think that most supporters would welcome the permanent signings of JJ2 and Rehman, wouldn''t they? maybe I''m wrong.[/quote]

I disagree. Ok it''s easy to say the signings are poor with hindsight but that doesn''t get away from the fact that.....they are still poor!! That''s part of good management - being able to sign players that will perform well at your club and fit into the team! Worthy has failed badly over and over again on this front - Ethuhu, Jarrett, Robinson, Thorne, Louis Jean, Colin, Hughes the list goes on!

Hughes isn''t improving - after a couple of better games he''s back to his old self - running around anywhere with poor passing. If he''s an important plyer for us next season then I dread to think what kind of squad and season we''re going to have!

I would welcome the permanent signing of JJ2 and possibly Rehman. That makes it even more worrying that they''re on the bench. Worthy sells our prized asset in Ashton and signs three new players, all who are expensive but have quality. However despite the fans being able to see that JJ2 is a good addition, Earnie has scoring potential by the bucket load and Rehman could become a good defender, he wastes the money by leaving them on the bench when they''ve all performed well previously! That to me is madness! If Worthy doesn''t think they''re good enough for the starting line up, why on earth did he sign them? How can you play Hughes ahead of JJ on the right wing??

I''m going to take a breather before I get really angry :-/ Grrrrrrrrrr!!!