Sign in to follow this  
Soldier on

Thorup and Knapper presser 0930 tomorrow

I’m expecting lots of lowering expectations and calling for patience. 

We finished 6th with the manager we've just sacked. The call for patience only works if there is a clear plan and stratgey to get behind.

1 hour ago, Monty13 said:

I’m expecting lots of lowering expectations and calling for patience. 

I would imagine so. What else ? Like it or not that’s the reality of where we are. This is reset time . The incredible days of the Farke era when we bossed this league are long gone. We made it look so easy , when it’s actually so ridiculously difficult to do what we did . I hope this is now sinking in. We’ve got a good crop of young players but they’re going to need a lot of help from some transfers coming in , and a fanbase who are patient and relentlessly supportive. Which unfortunately doesn’t fit the remit of football fans nowadays. Can us Norwich fans buck the trend and do different? Christ , I hope so . I’m all in . OTBC . 

• Like 14

Don't think we will learn a huge amount from it to be honest. Will be a bunch of nice soundbites about how much Thorup loves the club already and wants to give the fans something to cheer.

Any questions about players will be batted away as 'not the time to talk about players'. 

• Like 1

It will be interesting to see if those who were really pro Webber will get behind Knapper. Webber will be a tough act to follow.

For me a lot will depend on the style of play, our attacking intent and integrating exciting young players into the team. It has to be a rebuild not a rehash of Smith and Wagner.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pockthorpe said:

I would imagine so. What else ? Like it or not that’s the reality of where we are. This is reset time . The incredible days of the Farke era when we bossed this league are long gone. We made it look so easy , when it’s actually so ridiculously difficult to do what we did . I hope this is now sinking in. We’ve got a good crop of young players but they’re going to need a lot of help from some transfers coming in , and a fanbase who are patient and relentlessly supportive. Which unfortunately doesn’t fit the remit of football fans nowadays. Can us Norwich fans buck the trend and do different? Christ , I hope so . I’m all in . OTBC . 

I agree, it is what it is at this point. May as well get behind it.

2 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

We finished 6th with the manager we've just sacked. The call for patience only works if there is a clear plan and stratgey to get behind.

I imagine that’s what it will be about, not specifics on players etc. but about the future strategy.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

I wonder if we will hear the 'p' word?

You’ll hear the S word from Knapper. I’m predicting 15 ‘Supers’ but not enough to beat Webber’s masterful 38. 

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Don't think we will learn a huge amount from it to be honest. Will be a bunch of nice soundbites about how much Thorup loves the club already and wants to give the fans something to cheer.

Any questions about players will be batted away as 'not the time to talk about players'. 

Give us hope Johannes, give us hope. (With thanks to Eddy Grant-give me hope Jo'anna ).

Edited by LaUnionCanary
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Are knapper and Thorup doing stand alone pieces with Pinkun or just the presser itself ?

8 minutes ago, Soldier on said:

Are knapper and Thorup doing stand alone pieces with Pinkun or just the presser itself ?

I think that's it for now. Pinkun doing a breakdown on their channel this lunchtime. 

56 minutes ago, The Bristol Nest said:

He wants to take us to the level beyond the Premier League!

Didn't see that coming.

ESL here we come?! 

• Haha 2

Sounds like knapper talking to lots of others interested in our players . Nunez, Rowe, Sargent , Sara you’d imagine.

I missed one key takeaway: BK reiterated very clearly that his job, the club’s job was to sell players. And by implication to develop replacements largely from within. The model in all its stark nakedness!

JHT also made it clear that his task was to forge and develop a team with what was available and NOT to go running to BK every time he had a squad problem.

No wonder he was appointed!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Serinus Canaria Domestica said:

I missed one key takeaway: BK reiterated very clearly that his job, the club’s job was to sell players. And by implication to develop replacements largely from within. The model in all its stark nakedness!

JHT also made it clear that his task was to forge and develop a team with what was available and NOT to go running to BK every time he had a squad problem.

No wonder he was appointed!

Yep, if it was wasn’t clear what the vision was it is now. There’s a reason we brought him in from FC Nordsjaelland and why Attanasio has been linked with Benfica.

The way we are planning to have success is clear, going to be very interesting to see how it goes. Certainly doubt we’ll ever see another summer like the last one under this regime.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

You’ll hear the S word from Knapper. I’m predicting 15 ‘Supers’ but not enough to beat Webber’s masterful 38. 

Does that beat Lamberts use of "top"?
He always talked about a top top player, top top manager, top top team etc.

1 hour ago, Satriales said:

Thorup said Idah is an exciting player and wants to assess him. 

People have been saying that he's an exciting player since he scored a hat trick in the fa cup about two decades ago

37 minutes ago, Lazza said:

Does that beat Lamberts use of "top"?
He always talked about a top top player, top top manager, top top team etc.

Paul had a few beauties in sayings didn’t he. He played for Dortmund too but doesn’t like to mention it. 

58 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

Yep, if it was wasn’t clear what the vision was it is now. There’s a reason we brought him in from FC Nordsjaelland and why Attanasio has been linked with Benfica.

The way we are planning to have success is clear, going to be very interesting to see how it goes. Certainly doubt we’ll ever see another summer like the last one under this regime.

Just to clarify, what do you think it means regarding Attanasio and Benfica?

My take on all this, and I thought it was always supposed to be this way when Webber signed on, was to: push the academy to maximum potential, create clear pathways to the first team, sell the top players, reinvest that money but now with an owner with access to money use them (sparingly) to plug gaps where we were financially unable to before?

I mean it’s extremely high level but that’s my take on the ethos. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

People have been saying that he's an exciting player since he scored a hat trick in the fa cup about two decades ago

True. Under a different coaching team he could become a player though. 

2 minutes ago, Satriales said:

True. Under a different coaching team he could become a player though. 

Quite. He’s always threatened to blow up, but never quite got there. But then he’s had the shadow of Pukki to contend with and used in fits and starts by Wagner. I’d love to see him kick on with Thorup, either way, it’ll be an interesting summer 

Not much new in the presser and most, if not all, could have been predicted. Encouraging noises tbf, but time to tell will be six months from now once JHT and BK have had a chance to implement the plan. Not expecting miracles, but signs that the plan is progressing, and has the whole club aligned behind it would be good progress.

3 hours ago, Serinus Canaria Domestica said:

Key takeaways: Aboh nearly but NOT done; AH probably off, if so a replacement will be found. Culture, style got lots of mentions, not much substance to get the teeth into.

Sorry if I'm having a senior moment but who's AH?