Sign in to follow this  
Tacklebury

David Nielsen

He will be a big loss to Norwich. Nobody put more effort into getting the barclay singing, and more effort into every match than Dave. He will be missed, but we have plenty of strikers, and on a positive note it''s good to hear of Notman playing a full 90 mins and scoring. Maybe he can add to his solitary goal soon.

Who''s up front now? McVeigh and Elvis????

Agree with you guys

Nielsen will be a big loss and will be missed! His departure now desperately underlines our need for a new striker. Just not convinced by Roberts or Abbey any more... and is it too early to throw in Henderson and Jarvis?

Be interesting to see how well Hammond does. And as mentioned earlier, Notman played a good match for the reserves last night, albeit in central midfield! Maybe his goal was the one to spark him off and send him on that goal-scoring spree we all know he is capable of!!

As for new strikers to come in. Not overly conviced that Taylor would be a good signing. I may be proved wrong, but he is ageing, and has never really set Div 1 on fire. Beckett may be a solution, but am guessing that Stockport are going to want big bucks for him (at least 700 000?) which i just don''t know if we can afford.

Burchill may be a good acqusition, but is he going to be similar to what we already have, i.e McVeigh/Notman?

Well, I guess that Nielsen''s departure will ensure that the new striker search continues to rumble on with all sorts of various names now going to be thrown into the hat!

It''s all very well him getting the Barclay singing, but he''s put in the team to score goals, and sadly for everyone, he didn''t do that enough. Apart from his initial loan spell, we haven''t seen anything to suggest he''s the answer to our goal-scoring problems. It''s a shame, but there we go.

I don''t think he''ll be a huge loss - we have pace in McVeigh, Hendo, and (if he can recover fully) Notman. If we want a striker with a questionable touch we''ll play Iwan, and failing everything else we''ll play Zema!! Plus Elvis, for now, and I don''t think he''s too much of a loss, I''m afraid.

He was a trier and put his heart in we can always say that about the man.
Gdluck to him because he always give norwich everything

But I don''t think he was the answer on the goals front and I hope the answer comes soon. Personally i''d have to like have seen Taylor and Leon knight come to the club, taylor''s height and knight''s goal scoring would be deadly. Slot mcveigh just behind in a creative role and we would have been sorted.

I would tend to agree with Tacklebury. While I liked him he always seemed to be more "potential" than "actual". He did very well with McVeigh in the run in last year but even then he wasn''t the prolific scorer we need. We have several who, given the chance to play in most games, can score a dozen or so goals, but our real need is for a Mr Deadly in the mould of Deehan, Drinkell, Sutton, Bellamy. Neilsen has missed a couple of very good chances already this season, both of which would have had a material impact on the result.

I wish him all the best, and it is a shame to see a good player go, but looking at what else we have I don''t think it will have much effect on our fortunes this season.

I reckon that we will miss him as he was easily one of the top three strikers at the club not including Elvis. I would like to see Abbey given the chance to prove he is worth a new contract at the end of the season. I remember seeing him when he first came here and remember that he showed real potential, then he got injured. Lets face it, he scored more golas than Nielsen last term and in less games and starts.

I think it is time that we gave one or two players a chance to prove themselves. Abbey and Notman in my eyes. If Notman is comfortable in midfield as well then perhaps it would be worth keeping him for cover but he has never lived up to the reputation he had when he came. And lets face it, it was a very similar one to Elvis. He was a high scoring reserve team striker who was offered to us after we couldnt afford Heally for £1million. If neither of these two can prove that they are a real goalscoring propersition then I would let Henderson and Jarvis have a shot at it, they may as well get experienced if there is the oppertunity.

I think Worthington has done incredibly well when you think about it, he has strengthened the midfield which has been quite honestly useless in the years after relegation with the exception of Niel Adams ofcourse. Especially after watching the likes of De Waard, Carey, Forbes, Grant, and the countless number of loanees in Brady, Paul Hughes, Des Hamilton. And ofcourse the defence. To stay up we had to tighten up which now we are, its just been unlucky that none of the strikers we have been interested in have been interested in us.

Hang on a minute! Whats the hurry here. We take months trying to get a striker in without success. Suddenly one of our current first choice strikers phones in ''out of the blue'' yesterday to say he wants to go back to Denmark and he''s off today ?? Doesn''t make sense. I assume Neilsen would have played Saturday so OK he suddenly wants away but what about the club''s and fans interests ? Whats to stop us hanging on a week or two untill somebody comes in ?

No sorry this doesn''t add up. Oh and another thing.......has Worthy conveniently forgotten that Neilsen cost us around £250k as I remember so how come he''s suddenly OK to walk for free ? Wife got a new job ? Tough. Plenty of people have to work around that and why should Neilsen''s contract be a one way street ? If the club had suddenly said today ''Sorry David we don''t want you clear off back to Denmark'' he would have been the first to moan about a broken contract. Contracts cut both ways so how come he''s got himself out within 24 hours ?

Anyway he joins the growing list of players Worthy signs and lets go for nothing..,Emblen, Neilsen, Libbra, Heckingbottom. Another great bit of business. Still cash is easy come easy go at the club eh? Or was Doncaster talking about another massive loss in the annual accounts ??? Wonder why ??

But let''s not forget that Libbra and Heckingbottom were free in the first place, so no great loss there. But apart from that, I have to agree that the whole thing seems a bit weird, but there we go. Good luck to him, but he wasn''t the solution to our problems. The suggestion by Chicken that he was one of the three best strikers at this club really only suggest how desperately we do need a striker!

This is exactly how i have been feeling all day.Do we really have the resources to let players like nielsen go for nothing.Is it any wonder that the board don''t trust worthy with the million he asked for alan lee when probably this time next year we would have let him go for free!!What the hell is going on at this football club-we deserve to know?

I think what you;re all forgetting is that if Neilsen wanted to go back to Denmark Norwich couldn''t get a transfer fee for him. He''s out of contract in a year and wouldn''t be signing a new one.
Its obvious to everyone that Neilsen was not going to be playing a key role this season. If Worthington got his two strikers (which admitedly now looks a little unlikely) Neilson would''ve been fourth choice at best, probably 5th or 6th as for cameo roles Iwan or Jarvis would surely be ahead of him.
He was probably earning around 150k a year at city which means he was costing the club around 300k a year as employers costs are around double the actual wages paid. That 300k will come in very handy for minimal loss. I say good on the player for almost certainly taking a pay cut for his families sake and good on the club for a) helping him out and b) a good bit of business.

Besides even if we could have sold him where would he move and for how much ? Does anyone really think his time at city will have increased his value ? Especially given that the market has since collapsed and hes on higher wages than he''d get now and was nearly out of contract ? He only cost 200k in the first place.

I reckon we definitely don''t need any players who don''t want to be here.
While it is a shame not to get a fee, Worthy does not need to spread disaffection among the players by forcing a player to stay when he does not want to.
Nielsen: great player who does not score - not exactly what we need.

As surprised as ...well, everyone, that he''s gone and so quickly. Equally surprised by the need to bring in a striker at the start of the season for a 1 or 2 month loan. [Is the limit 3 or 4 loan signings per season - why use one so quickly when we lack cover in so many areas.] Did NW know that Nielsen and family wanted to return home (just a question of time) and so bring in Elvis on the strength of that?

Perhaps the wages & staff resources also came in to NWs decision. Why pay Nielsens wages & "waste" training time on him when his focus would be elsewhere?

Or none of the above.

I dunno.

I allways loved the guy. im not saying he was brilliant but flip he was quick. He could finish aswell- better than Mckenzie in my view ! Infact I reckon he is twice the player mckenzie will ever be now ! 

What the hell are you doing man? 4 posts old and your digging up a thread over 3 yrs old just to comment pmsl 

David Neilsen had no 1st touch, couldnt dribble and wanted a cheap pop by waving his fist at the fans....

He plays in a weak league now... and thats where he can stay

jas :)

Who?

who is david nielson????????? [:P]

[quote user="Northern Canary"]how come you are replying to a thread that is 3 years old[/quote]Not to mention the annoying font size he chooses to post in.Anyone would think he doesn''t realise it makes him look like a pleb...

[quote user="Northern Canary"]how come you are replying to a thread that is 3 years old[/quote]

Cause I think Juniho wants some attention!

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="Northern Canary"]how come you are replying to a thread that is 3 years old[/quote]

Not to mention the annoying font size he chooses to post in.
Anyone would think he doesn''t realise it makes him look like a pleb...
[/quote]#

Ooh yeah his font! oooh it makes him terrible and his opinions worthless, you guys are pathetic! if you dont like the fact that he replied to an old post then why are you replying to it to keep it at the front?

Congratulations