cambridgeshire canary

Idah; "I was the next star here.. Now I'm hated"

45 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Not too many "League 1 Level Players at best" have one of the best goal to minute ratios in the league above, but you never know, I suppose.

One of the best??? And just who's **** have you plucked that stat out of? 

2 hours ago, horsefly said:

And sadly that's precisely the attitude that will see future young stars alienated from NCFC by a minority of fans prepared to vocalise hate rather than encouragement.

So you think this is entirely a NCFC problem??

3 hours ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Hated is a strong word. But having sat near a guy who once shouted "Idah you're a ****" when he was warming up it's not an unfair thing to say.

I heard plenty of comments directed at him.  Never a bad as Sarge got that first season, but definitely not things I would want hear, especially considering all I would want is a run of games either at Norwich or out of loan.

Even before this video you could tell he was a low on confidence lad who clearly has a talent but his inner thoughts get the better of him 

he needs a good sports psychologist or an Eileen drewery 

3 hours ago, hogesar said:

The video was a year ago. So let's just take that into context, not that the OP would ever bother, and is more interested in stirring up sh*t between our players and supporters, apparently.

Idah seemed to turn quite a few people back into rating him last season. He has received unnecessary stick for large parts of his time here, he's sadly not unique in that. 

Would agree that CC is an expert is stirring things up unnecessarily but I’m not sure he even realises he’s doing it. So desperate to post things he never thinks about any consequences..

I don’t agree that Idah is one of the answers to our striker problem. Yes, he scored that hat trick at Preston but failed to follow it up and he did start at Old Trafford when we were down to the bare bones. The whole team was outclassed that day but Harry Maguire had him in his pocket and he didn’t get a sniff.

I think we’ve given him enough opportunities but for me he just doesn’t seem to have that positional instinct essential for good strikers.

I still remember the stick Kane got, I thought he looked talented but he was just a kid and people were expecting him to save our season. 

I honestly think if Idah’s development had been better managed we’d probably already have sold him for big money to be honest.

4 hours ago, mccanary said:

You could call me what you want for the wages he's on

Sadly a modern trashy attitude.

The cleaners are paid to clean so I'll throw it on the floor/leave a mess.

Customer services are there to field complaints, they're paid to take abuse.

It's got notjing to do with money. He's a footballer, he's not paid for idiots being abussive towards him.

What a low attitude to have.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, chicken said:

It's got notjing to do with money. He's a footballer, he's not paid for idiots being abussive towards him.

Nothing to do with trashing anybody else or their profession. Merely staying MY opinion that you could call ME whatever you want for the wages paid. Id be having the last laugh driving off in my posh car to my posh house taking expensive holidays and eating the finest foods. 

Read the post. 

Oh and I don't give a sh1t what you think about my attitude. 

3 hours ago, jaberry2 said:

Adam Idah, go to Argos and get a norwich tattoo. Thats all you need to be loved here, even if you're an average footballer ala Hernadez.

The tattoos from Argos wash off 🤣

1 hour ago, chicken said:

A tad harsh where he's entitled to his view. There is always going to be a level of abuse footballers get either on the terrace or on social media etc.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, jaberry2 said:

A tad harsh where he's entitled to his view. There is always going to be a level of abuse footballers get either on the terrace or on social media etc.

Thank you! 

Many public figures and sportsmen are subject to ridicule and abuse as part of their daily lives.

If it goes wrong at Celtic, they'll crucify him !!

Too many people getting offended for others.  Nice to know I'm not alone in thinking I'm allowed my opinion. 

There aren't many jobs that encourage 25,000 every other week to critically analyse your performance. But if you're in one of those and get well paid for it, you can kind of expect some of those 25,000 to not like your performance very much. Iwan Roberts got stick everywhere he went and became a hero here. Likewise Grant Holt. Sargent has turned it round; Dean Coney never did.

Idah still has time here if he chooses to give it a go.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mccanary said:

Nothing to do with trashing anybody else or their profession. Merely staying MY opinion that you could call ME whatever you want for the wages paid. Id be having the last laugh driving off in my posh car to my posh house taking expensive holidays and eating the finest foods. 

Read the post. 

Oh and I don't give a sh1t what you think about my attitude. 

Oh the irony.

Keyboard warrior says player should take criticism BUT NOT comment back. Apparently KBW are entitled to an opinion but players are not.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, jaberry2 said:

Not really. Unless you think verbally abusing anyone is ok? It was also in response to an attitude that suggested that abuse should be tollerated because they are paid megabucks.

It is, and will always be a crappy point of view. In any other workplace people dishing out abuse would be barred/banned etc.

Shouting abuse at a player during a game is not going to help them get better. It may even distract other players who then work to try and focus or emotionally support them.

It's inconsiderate, entitled and selfish.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, chicken said:

Not really. Unless you think verbally abusing anyone is ok? It was also in response to an attitude that suggested that abuse should be tollerated because they are paid megabucks.

It is, and will always be a crappy point of view. In any other workplace people dishing out abuse would be barred/banned etc.

Shouting abuse at a player during a game is not going to help them get better. It may even distract other players who then work to try and focus or emotionally support them.

I think you're missing the point. I imagine most footballers have suffered with direct abuse during / before / after the game. I am not saying its acceptable, but that is the nature of football/fans. Calling someone out for having a trashy opinion is just as abusive as what some people are directing at footballers, which is what you are complaining about.

Edited by jaberry2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

There aren't many jobs that encourage 25,000 every other week to critically analyse your performance. But if you're in one of those and get well paid for it, you can kind of expect some of those 25,000 to not like your performance very much. Iwan Roberts got stick everywhere he went and became a hero here. Likewise Grant Holt. Sargent has turned it round; Dean Coney never did.

Idah still has time here if he chooses to give it a go.

True, it doesn't make it right though. As Iwan, Holt, Pukki and various others have proved.

Has McLean suddenly become a better player at 32? No. Did Crofts when he won POTS? And Bassong? Yet all three were slated by some.

To be fair to Idah, I can recall people slagging him off like something chronic on here when he was 20/21. The same folks dismissing that players read or look at social media.

That is despite managers, players and the PFA have all shared that players can be impacted by the abuse they receive, especially online.

Complete empathy fail if you don't give a crap about a young lad because "he gets paid enough to be slagged off"

Just now, jaberry2 said:

I think you're missing the point. I imagine most footballers if not have suffered with direct abuse during / before / after the game. I am not saying its acceptable, but that is the nature of football/fans. 

Some football fans.

And that's what I'm saying. It's not acceptable and no one should be encouraging it no matter the excuse, let alone what they get paid.

21 minutes ago, jaberry2 said:

I think you're missing the point. I imagine most footballers have suffered with direct abuse during / before / after the game. I am not saying its acceptable, but that is the nature of football/fans. Calling someone out for having a trashy opinion is just as abusive as what some people are directing at footballers, which is what you are complaining about.

So telling someone that being verbally abussive and its not nice is as bad as the verbal abuse in the first place?

I'd love for you to come and do my job! Or any job working with kids! 🤣

20 minutes ago, chicken said:

Some football fans.

And that's what I'm saying. It's not acceptable and no one should be encouraging it no matter the excuse, let alone what they get paid.

I will leave you in your fight to correct the whole football world.

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, chicken said:

So telling someone that being verbally abussive and its not nice is as bad as the verbal abuse in the first place?

I'd love for you to come and do my job! Or any job working with kids! 🤣

Surely a kid managing kids is never a good idea...

Edited by jaberry2
  • Like 1

New coach new attitude to playing, I'd keep him unless Celtic offer £7/8 million minimum.

Scores goals, is young would be hard to replace with better at the amount we have to spend.

• Like 1

Idah should be frustrated at himself. As much as the role that he has played may be under appreciated by some fans, there’s no doubt that he failed on multiple occasions to prove himself worthy of being the starting no9. 

Makes me smile when people think he is so **** yet expect Celtic to pay £8m for him. However much more are we going to have to pay to get someone better?

2 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Makes me smile when people think he is so **** yet expect Celtic to pay £8m for him. However much more are we going to have to pay to get someone better?

£6-8m should get a better quality of player than Idah in my opinion. 

19 minutes ago, jaberry2 said:

£6-8m should get a better quality of player than Idah in my opinion. 

Really? Like who? (Don’t bother with the “it’s not my job to scout players” response, the point is that young strikers with potential who’ve scored as much as Idah has this season cost more than £6m)

1 hour ago, BigFish said:

Oh the irony.

Keyboard warrior says player should take criticism BUT NOT comment back. Apparently KBW are entitled to an opinion but players are not.

Ok mate. 

Have a nice day . 😁

1 hour ago, chicken said:

So you go to the game and never abuse the opposition, referee or lino?????

pull the other one , mate 

5 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Really? Like who? (Don’t bother with the “it’s not my job to scout players” response, the point is that young strikers with potential who’ve scored as much as Idah has this season cost more than £6m)

Quite, especially those with proven experience in the Championship, has scored in the Premier League and plays international football.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, horsefly said:

Sadly, he was not wrong. Maybe the fans need to reflect on how they treat players when their career is going through a tricky patch. Particularly when those players are still very young.

Very true and it's been going on for years at Carrow Road and it makes me angry. 

But I think the club have also failed with Adam and others. 

For what it's worth, I saw him play as a 16 year old when Man Utd were trying to sign him. He looked unbelievable at that age but lost confidence when he got into the first team. It's a shame because there's a hell of a player in there somewhere. 

Does the club use a sports phycologist? If not, they should. Big clubs in Europe employ them specifically for youth team players. Some may scoff but it works. 

1 hour ago, jaberry2 said:

Surely a kid managing kids is never a good idea...

Says the person who thinks telling someone verbal abuse is bad is as bad as telling them verbal abuse is bad...