Sign in to follow this  
DumbleDelia is Magic

You've got to feel a teeny weeny bit sorry for WBA!

Anybody notice that West Brom got promoted this weekend? Don''t worry if you didn''t, it might have passed you by! I do feel a bit sorry for the Baggies. Fair play they have had a good year, albeit not as good as ours ;-) It''s a bit unfortunate to get promoted the same weekend that Arsenal win the Premiership. Also, the press didn''t seem that fussed. As we had done it a few days before it seemed a bit pas se. If it had been the other way round and West Brom had got promotd in the week and got a night''s worth of coverage on Sky Sports news, loads of tabloid coverage and all we got at the weekend was a paragraph here of there we would feel a bit agreived! I know West Brom aren''t as high profile as us as we have Delia but I felt a little sorry for them as their promotion was overlooked somewhat.

After their disgraceful bully boy defensive tactics all season, in no way do I feel any sympathy for them.......the only good thing about their promotion is the fact that their brand of ''football'' will never work in the Premiership, just as it didn''t last time around. Which means one relegation berth already taken......

I understand what you''re saying though DD, it''s not as though their fans have had much to enjoy this season watching that dross, is it? And it''s hardly their fault that they support the most boring team on the planet, is it?!!

No way do I feel sorry for WBA. They are a dirty bunch of w*****s who can only win with late goals.
Oh I am Harsh.. or not

Not really the only coverage we got in some papers was how we are going strait back down. Agree with u that they r dirty bastards though.

Templeton makes a good point here about style of play. There are a few teams that get out of the division by playing very direct football, but they dont survive....Leicester are a good example of it last year. I watched them a few times last year including the last game at their place (admittedly they were up) and they were truly awful .

We are certainly not direct, our use of width this year has been excellent starting at the back with Edworthy and Juke Box. So in principle we have a style of play to build on....

Seeming as WBA can still deny us the league title I don''t feel sorry for them one bit.

Anyhow, as the Baggies have only been out of Div One a single season it''s not such a big deal this time around anyway.

Couldn''t agree with Templeton more, WBA are so dull. And what''s more the place is a dump and their players are dirty. How lucky are we as Norwich supporters that we follow one of the best footballing sides in the country in such a nice area? Baggies are down already, as are Fulham and Spurs hopefully.

My sympathy is with Sunderland. The Baggies do have luck on their side (as we do (any room for Mr Barry on top of the bus?!)) but the Cats have overcome serious financial problems to finish strongly with a new squad after disposing of so many players.

I would have liked to have seen the Cats in second place as we have had a good relationship with the club since 1986 and their fans are 1st class people eg Mackemlad.

Just hope they do the business in playoffs

I''ve enjoyed reading your message board since Albion''s draw at Carrow Road, especially the stuff about our ''win at all costs'' methods employed this year. It has been true that we have played this way and some Albion fans have been vociferous in their displeasure. Those that have supported Megson''s ways would say this : We came down from the premier with a team good enough to get promoted again, but punch drunk after so many defeats. Therefore that team had to be replaced. This has therefore been a transitional season for us, but we had to get back to the Premier. To lose momentum would have been disastrous, and the long term plan is to not become a yo-yo side. So, we played with a completely new side that still hasn''t gelled properly, but the difference from last time is that the new lads are all young, fit, winners. We found out in the premier that some can''t handle it up there, so they have gone. A new nucleus (of 6 or 7 rather than the 2 or 3 from last time) is ready to be built on and we are ready for another go, and we''re not naive either. Megson knows that we won''t play in the same style next season, and I''m sure that you won''t either.

I wish you the very best for next season, lets hope we can emulate Birmingham and Charlton.

I think with WBA, they probably expected to go straight back up. I thought they would ,whereas I honestly expected us to get into the nightmare of the play-offs so maybe thats why we have gone bananas in our celebrations. That and the fact it has seemed more like 90 years, rather than 9 since we were last in the Prem has made it all the more sweeter for us.
We have played the better football and as our goal difference makes clear, are the most exciting side in the division, but to be honest just getting out of the graveyard is enough. If you had said to me that we would finish above WBA, Sunderland & West Ham at the start of the season, I would have bitten your hand off!!
Its just great at the moment. Mortgage payments don''t matter, council tax doesn''t matter,
beer tastes better, mates are no longer taking the p**s and since discovering this message board, I don''t feel so isolated in my following of the greatest team in the world.
OTBC & Come on Mr. Pinches

I only feel sorry felt a bit sorry for them because they haven''t had a lot of recognition for their season''s efforts. I know a lot of people on this board don''t like West Brom but I haven''t really got anything against them. Imagine if it was the other way around and it passed everybody by that we had got promotion after it had been on the front of the Sun a few days earlier that West Brom had done it. We''d be a little peeved!

I''m glad the Baggies are promoted, as the song goes" I did it my way". O.K. so it wasn''t pretty but fair play it worked for them. Talk to any Baggies fan (and there was a well worded post from one in this thread) they know this seasons style won''t work in the Premier and thats their big problem adapting to a new style, this is why they will be relegated. As for us we need to build and develop our existing style, and we need to be realistic we do need some more players, if only because we have such a small squad, but I am confident we will be safe by Feb next year. Another reason to congratulate the Baggies is that Ipswich at best can only make the playoffs, I''d love to see them get to the final then get spanked by Sunderland, then go bust(again), I agree with an earlier post the Black Cats have done incredibly well this year, and I for one think they deserve to get promoted if only, like us, they have passionate, dedicated fans who I''ve always got on with.

The only reason I feel sorry for WBA is because they have Megson for their manager. I would feel sorry for any team that HIM at the helm - "Mr Zero", or what!!

Just a few reasons NOT to be cheerful for the Baggies
1/. Having that ginger git in charge, shouting and moaning all the time
2/. They still pose a threat to our lads winning the championship
3/. Andy ''Taxi'' Johnson is still there
4/. Frank Skinner supports them
5/. The stewards there are awful
6/. My mate had his car nicked whilst we were at the away game
7/. Their club ''anthem'', Boing, Boing Baggies must have taken milliseconds to think up
8/. And finally, that ginger git is still there
We got there first,we deserve to be first, we will finish first!

sorry to have to come back to this thread and go on about the baggies, but in my experience they have changed

i have similar tales to tell as you stumpy, went there this season and found the legendary former friendliness gone

the stewards were arrogant and rude, we had a full body search (are they trying to be molineux), they wouldn''t let me take a water bottle in - my little acid test for away grounds -(by the way the only place to refuse me this year, even cardiff were nicer!!!)

their fans at our place were arrogant, we had a hairy time walking home through them this season - something we didn''t experience with anyone else, including cardiff and w ham

and as for megson, please don''t get me started on him

their only redeeming feature is that they hate wolves lol

re carib canary

haven''t spoken to you before on the board, so welcome to the madhouse

i take your points re their style (and you are right, i have to agree they are possibly the most boring team i have watched in the recent past), but that is as far as i can go

yes, it would have been nice for sunderland to go up with us, but it was not to be - they just couldn''t sustain their run

as for ipswich - yes, i am sure 90% of the people on here will want them to fail, i don''t as i can echo your sentiments re the fans i know - i know plenty of dedicated, passionate and v nice ipswich fans who so want to join us - and as i know them i want that too.

all clubs have dedicated fans and it is just a matter of which ones you know which colours your opinions i guess

so at the risk of being hounded and ridiculed on here

ipswich for the play offs guys, to beat sunderland in the final