Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

So you're saying native Danish people tend to look similar? Next up; Do Anglo Saxons look similar? Do Itallians?

You'll be telling me you get the Swiss and Swedes mixed up next. And remember that Vienna is in Austria, not Australia! 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From what I have heard so far, this seems to be a good appointment.

I just hope that he is given a fair chance before the moaners get on his back.

OTBC 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

“Some people stand in the Barclay, the drum keeps them up on their toes

Some people hate possession football, but with Johannes that’s just how it goes

Don’t you worry, it’s going to be alright. 
Cos Knapper’s not Webber and we got rid of Gibson who’s s***e

Norwich City (mighty yellows)

never you fear (no don’t you fear)

Norwich City

Forever midtable 

while Delia stays here……”

🫣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, SwearyCanary said:

“Some people stand in the Barclay, the drum keeps them up on their toes

Some people hate possession football, but with Johannes that’s just how it goes

Don’t you worry, it’s going to be alright. 
Cos Knapper’s not Webber and we got rid of Gibson who’s s***e

Norwich City (mighty yellows)

never you fear (no don’t you fear)

Norwich City

Forever midtable 

while Delia stays here……”

🫣

I love it. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kick it Hoff, Thorup it in, Johannes a little scrimmage 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

I love this less.

I can’t take credit for it and wouldn’t 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nicely loaded questions so he could say the right things. Nice to see BK lent him his jumper!

Will be interesting to see what sort of tempo we play at.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, A K Narey said:

From what I have heard so far, this seems to be a good appointment.

I just hope that he is given a fair chance before the moaners get on his back.

OTBC 

As always, he’ll get more than a fair chance at Norwich City by supporters. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

I think he’s describing his posting style. 

Why?

because we’ve hired a manager nobody has ever heard of who’s done a years worth of management at a club who is obviously not playing at the same level that we are. 
 

I didn’t say that he was useless or an idiot or anything about him personally. I just said I found the appointment. Underwhelming. 
 

It’s not my job to find or pick the manager it’s Knappers and he should be judged on that. 
He was part of the team who found SVH who was also underwhelming. Let hope this guy isn’t the Sydney of the management world. 

He will be cheap I’d imagine. Doesn’t mean he won’t do a great job but doesn’t mean also that I’m jumping around with blind admiration. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Hardhouse44 said:

Why?

because we’ve hired a manager nobody has ever heard of who’s done a years worth of management at a club who is obviously not playing at the same level that we are. 
 

I didn’t say that he was useless or an idiot or anything about him personally. I just said I found the appointment. Underwhelming. 
 

It’s not my job to find or pick the manager it’s Knappers and he should be judged on that. 
He was part of the team who found SVH who was also underwhelming. Let hope this guy isn’t the Sydney of the management world. 

He will be cheap I’d imagine. Doesn’t mean he won’t do a great job but doesn’t mean also that I’m jumping around with blind admiration. 

Fair enough opinion. I know nothing of continental football and I have no idea of the calibre of coach Hoff is. So like you I’m just very much keeping a steady head. After all, Farke’s first season was fairly mediocre and, at parts, dreadful. We’re effectively starting again so this might take time to fly. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Hardhouse44 said:

Why?

because we’ve hired a manager nobody has ever heard of who’s done a years worth of management at a club who is obviously not playing at the same level that we are. 
 

I didn’t say that he was useless or an idiot or anything about him personally. I just said I found the appointment. Underwhelming. 
 

It’s not my job to find or pick the manager it’s Knappers and he should be judged on that. 
He was part of the team who found SVH who was also underwhelming. Let hope this guy isn’t the Sydney of the management world. 

He will be cheap I’d imagine. Doesn’t mean he won’t do a great job but doesn’t mean also that I’m jumping around with blind admiration. 

Knapper has appointed his man and will carry the can for that along with the summer's recruitment and exits. 

Wagner achieved top 6 and it's not unreasonable to give Thorup a similar objective. 

Will the supporters be patient? I'm not so sure and I don't think we'll be tolerant to possession for possession's sake. Hopefully we will see fast attacking football and it shouldn't be a massive step change for the current squad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Frank took a while to get things going at Brentford. The Hoff will require the same level of patience.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Frank took a while to get things going at Brentford. The Hoff will require the same level of patience.

Probably. There needs to be an effective communication of the strategy from the club though, one that we can understand and buy into. 

That also needs to be underpinned with a squad for the future, not the likes of Duffy, Barnes, Hanley and Hernandez.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Probably. There needs to be an effective communication of the strategy from the club though, one that we can understand and buy into. 

That also needs to be underpinned with a squad for the future, not the likes of Duffy, Barnes, Hanley and Hernandez.

 

Imagine that communication will happen once the bulk of the squad is in place for next season and I also imagine it will be pretty clear by that point what we are looking to do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 30/05/2024 at 14:56, Robert N. LiM said:

"Hoff sacked. Kit man to take over."

"New Kit drives Hoff to victory"

I really hope Mr Southwell is noting these down! 🤣

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Does he believe in playing with a dedicated CDM? 🤣

Probay not. He might believe in a defensive midfielder (DM) though...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I prefer Thor to Hoff... its just more god like  but I guess that status will have to ve proven.  I wonder if Thor will get us up (Thorup)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

"All Hoff and Puff in Goaless bore draw"

I really hope there's a game/situation where there is a David that causes problems...

"David a Hassle for Hoff"

I am really hoping he lasts at least five years, I'll happily come up with headlines! 

"Kick in the Johannies for hassled Hoff"

Ooohhh, star wars reference.

"Tough battle for Hoff" 

Too subtle?

Edited by chicken

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, SwearyCanary said:

“Some people stand in the Barclay, the drum keeps them up on their toes

Some people hate possession football, but with Johannes that’s just how it goes

Don’t you worry, it’s going to be alright. 
Cos Knapper’s not Webber and we got rid of Gibson who’s s***e

Norwich City (mighty yellows)

never you fear (no don’t you fear)

Norwich City

Forever midtable 

while Delia stays here……”

🫣

Total ****e and inaccurate as always

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Danke bitte said:

Fair enough opinion. I know nothing of continental football and I have no idea of the calibre of coach Hoff is. So like you I’m just very much keeping a steady head. After all, Farke’s first season was fairly mediocre and, at parts, dreadful. We’re effectively starting again so this might take time to fly. 

Hardhouse isn’t keeping a steady head. The only thing that’s steady is the constant stream of criticism and negativity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Hardhouse isn’t keeping a steady head. The only thing that’s steady is the constant stream of criticism and negativity.

But surely in your pointing this out you’re criticising…. ☺️ very Confucian 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Commonsense said:

Total ****e and inaccurate as always

Can’t work out if you’re genuinely offended at my joke or not 😂. I’m not certain I’m ALWAYS inaccurate. 
 

Or are you just upset at me misquoting the Baywatch theme lyrics? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Meanwhile

The thought must be that Johannes was lined up some while back. Talk was of an #approach' before  Xma. I would suggest the appointment was agreed a few months back

However it would need to be known what division we were going to be in next seasion, and nothing could be announced until their season had finished  I also suspect the left back (Freze) running down his contract was nocoincidence either.

I doubt there wll be any outgoings until he has had the chance to watch them at Colney. Incoming players wil have already been lined up, if only, I doubt, Johannes hasn't too much of an understanding of Championship players/signings etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30/05/2024 at 18:11, SwearyCanary said:

“Some people stand in the Barclay, the drum keeps them up on their toes

Some people hate possession football, but with Johannes that’s just how it goes

Don’t you worry, it’s going to be alright. 
Cos Knapper’s not Webber and we got rid of Gibson who’s s***e

Norwich City (mighty yellows)

never you fear (no don’t you fear)

Norwich City

Forever midtable 

while Delia stays here……”

🫣

Where’ve ya been Sweary ? Haven’t seen you on here in months.

Thought maybe you’d decided to save your sanity. If so that went well…..😀

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Where’ve ya been Sweary ? Haven’t seen you on here in months.

Thought maybe you’d decided to save your sanity. If so that went well…..😀

I took a hiatus, I was starting to make comments and things I regretted typing and have had a tricky year. I’m planning to be less active, more sarcastic but ultimately couldn’t stay away forever. My plan is to avoid being personal and if I upset anyone previously I apologise. RE Commonsense absolutely no offence intended, was genuinely just being tongue in cheek 

Glad to see not loads has changed 😂. I stand by saying that Gibson was poor for us though and I am biting my lip hard ignoring commenting on Todd! 

However, England business calls!! 
CMON HEMPO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...