7 hours ago, ricardo said:

Will it still work on my Pye 14 inch 425 lines black and white TV? from Radio Rentals.

You were lucky!

We only had 405 lines on ours…

📺

20 hours ago, ricardo said:

Will it still work on my Pye 14 inch 425 lines black and white TV? from Radio Rentals.

They are still after you for rent arrears Ricardo. Maybe you should go dark.

1 hour ago, LaUnionCanary said:

They are still after you for rent arrears Ricardo. Maybe you should go dark.

Thanks for the advice. I've just pulled the plug out.

23 hours ago, Bolland said:

Ricardo

Top of the range you lucky thing. Does it do both BBC1 and ITV? 
Oh and how’s Benny in Crossroads doing these days?😄

You laugh but I'm old enough to remember when our black and white TV only received BBC and I had to go next door to watch Popeye The Sailorman. Match Of The Day was but a distant dream. But we were happy. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, ricardo said:

Yep, both channels but I have to wave the indoor aerial about a bit else I get Hilversum.

We still have arguments in our house about who is going to get up and change the channel. 

Posted (edited)
On 30/05/2024 at 11:31, Canary Wundaboy said:

How on earth do you not have an HD TV yet? I was selling them at Hughes as a Saturday worker 20 years ago!

I know you weren't asking me and apologies for butting in but I didnt have one until i was given one a couple of years ago.I can think of so many other non essentials to spend  five hundred quid or more on. I am neither skint nor tight, just have other priorities. 

Edited by wcorkcanary

25 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

I know you weren't asking me and apologies for butting in but I didnt have one until i was given one a couple of years ago.I can think of so many other non essentials to spend  five hundred quid or more on. I am neither skint nor tight, just have other priorities. 

You can pick them up at Tesco for £150. I appreciate people have a lot of priorities and there’s a cost of living crisis, I was more surprised that since most TVs sold for the past 20 years have been HD, the poster must not have replaced their TV in a serious amount of time. Honestly I was just surprised that anyone has a TV that’s NOT HD today!

2 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

You can pick them up at Tesco for £150. I appreciate people have a lot of priorities and there’s a cost of living crisis, I was more surprised that since most TVs sold for the past 20 years have been HD, the poster must not have replaced their TV in a serious amount of time. Honestly I was just surprised that anyone has a TV that’s NOT HD today!

It's pretty amazing just how cheap they are these days. Obviously you can still get top of the line models for thousands, but the cheap ones are miles away in terms of quality from what we could buy 25 years ago.

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

No biggie, i drive a 20 year old car too, out of choice. ...and i regularly use a towel i was issued in 1978😂

Had no idea TVs were so cheap. Crikey.

Edited by wcorkcanary
  • Like 1