30 minutes ago, Mason 47 said:

Cheers BYG. Good to have you back posting, by the way 

Yes, thanks BYG.

Still seems to be the outstanding candidate & if we have an opportunity to secure a genuinely up and coming coach with a steadily growing reputation in the game throughout Europe-surely we have to take it. He may fail of course, but he might also light us up to the extent that a year, year and a half down the line he is head hunted away.

I said in an earlier post that if a coach got us a promotion, kept us in the PL and even gave us a good cup run into the bargain...but it meant, ultimately, losing him, I'd take it. I think most Ipswich fans, a couple of years ago, asked the same question-your new man gets you two consecutive promotions but then moves on, would you take that: of course they would.

We've done it before-John Bond has turned down offers from Div 1 clubs to leave Bournemouth before he came here (that was one hell of a coup, getting him) as did Wycombe and Martin O'Neill. We had a certain allure back then, hopefully we still do.

I've liked a lot of the names linked so far-but Still stands out. it would shake us up and how we are seen outside of Norwich and Norfolk, from a footballing perspective, were we to get him.

Burnley are the elephant in the room now if Kompany leaves-they'd surely consider him?

2 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

He's studying for his pro licence. I remember reading that he was making long drives from Reims where he was working to Belgium where he was studying.

The minimum requirement for a manager in the Championship is an A licence, which he has, and must be working towards a pro licence. If I remember rightly, Xisco Muñoz was in that boat when Watford hired him.

I believe he has now got the licence (not that it really matters). He made a jokey reference to it in Instagram and changed his bio to ‘UEFA Pro Licence’. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Sooner or later someone is going to take a chance on him in english football

Just sort of wish it was someone else experimenting with this first

Know nothing about Still so this isn't a comment about him personally.

But the only way we are going to get a world-class coach who is 'too good' for where we are in the pecking order is to take a risk like this. I'd far rather that than some Championship journeyman who seems like a 'safe' choice.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, alex_ncfc said:

Disaster written all over it. 

We can just distribute what's in the cabinet already if you're concerned how to fit both the prem league and champs league trophies in there.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Will Still and Knapper aren’t ’friends’. Knapper loan a player to Still. Will Still then developed that player into a £40m one and made Arsenal a huge profit. They will have worked together on the loan deal and kept in contact to check on the player (who lived with Will Still while on loan), but that is pretty much the extent of their relationship. 

Any truth in the rumour that he stayed with still and his brother when watching Balogun games in person ?

do you anticipate he’s the favourite of all the names mentioned presumably the danish chap won’t have visited Colney while his season is ongoing .

We need someone who is going to be so unlike Norwich that they will concede no goals in 46 games.

If you can deal with Jake Humphrey's smarmy podcast  Still has done an episode of that. 

I'm listening to it now and he does seem like an interesting character.

3 hours ago, hogesar said:

Yes, but I was talking more about what the average supporter is going to notice in the ground on a match-day; they're not going to be seeing 70% possession and retention of the ball at all costs ala Martin - everything i've read suggests he's far more direct and gets the ball forward quickly. 

Not a criticism either, just an observation

Good. I hate possession just for possessions sake. If you haven’t got a player capable of splitting a defence all you do is give teams chance to get everybody back behind the ball and you spend the next 5 minutes knocking the ball from left to right on the halfway line 

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, JonnyJonnyRowe said:

I strongly suspect that he speaks French in a Belgian accent, having been born and raised in the predominantly French-speaking part of Belgium.

He can also speak Dutch

............so could Steve McLaren .......for sure 😉

Edited by C.I.D

4 hours ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Another thing in our favour is that his mother Wynda , was brought up in Fakenham. 

download.jpeg