Jump to content
dylanisabaddog

Pinkun General Election thread (ID required)

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Wow. Are you really so deranged that you believe 'domestic bliss' conceivably means living separately to your husband and children? She was commuting to Stockport because it was more local to parliament than her husband's house?

Perhaps you should become Chief Constable of GMP, CEO of the HMRC, and the leader of Stockport Council. It won't be any problem for you to fit those in while being the world's greatest expert on everything ever thought.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, littleyellowbirdie said:

Liar Rayner.

This thread is challenging for a medal in the LYB Head's Gone Olympics.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What campaign treats will we have in store for us today?

Will Ed Davey continue in his quest to prove what a fun guy he really is by abseiling down Big Ben?

Will Dishi Rishi,  resplendent in his new bespoke two-piece, carefully tailored in a sweatshop in the backstreets of Bangladesh announce, from the steps of Downing Street, yet another new policy designed to mend broken Britain? The very country his party has spent the best part of fourteen years destroying?

Will Sir Keir Rodney come out and fully endorse Diane Abbott as the prospective Labour Candidate for Hackney North and Stoke Newington?

Will Angela Rayner finally give an interview without mentioning her working class roots at least three times?

Will NIgel Farage announce his defection to the LIb. Dems?

 

Who knows?

Such fun, yet so many people I meet don't want to vote for anybody.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Perhaps you should become Chief Constable of GMP, CEO of the HMRC, and the leader of Stockport Council. It won't be any problem for you to fit those in while being the world's greatest expert on everything ever thought.

I don't know about that, but I know Angela Rayner's a liar. Soon to be Deputy PM liar Rayner,.

Edited by littleyellowbirdie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Liar Rayner. Everyone can see it's true.

The Earth is flat!

NASA and the ESA have extensively proven this to not be the case!

Liars! Everyone knows they're liars! ThE eArTh Is FlAt!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

The Earth is flat!

NASA and the ESA have extensively proven this to not be the case!

Liars! Everyone knows they're liars! ThE eArTh Is FlAt!!!

If you believe the Earth's flat then it's no wonder you don't believe Rayner's a liar based on multiple testimonies, her children's official addresses, and her own tweets.

In fact, your position is more akin to condemning Galileo for saying the Earth was round based on raw evidence because the church says otherwise.

Edited by littleyellowbirdie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, canarydan23 said:

This thread is challenging for a medal in the LYB Head's Gone Olympics.

Just wait until the PM's start flying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, king canary said:

Just wait until the PM's start flying.

I have heard about these, apparently they can very complimentary. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, king canary said:

Just wait until the PM's start flying.

Yep! I'm expecting "You're a f***king c**T" to be incoming in vast quantities at any moment 🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

If you like rayner she is as innocent as a new born.

If you loathe her she is a disgraced lier and a hypocrit of the highest order.

The truth is somewhere in the middle, it always is.

Probably worth you all accepting that you have your view and others have theirs and that none of you can prove what was going on on her mind at the time.  

There's better things to do

Edited by Barbe bleu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Liar Rayner. Everyone* can see it's true.

*excluding anyone who has actually investigated the matter and analysed the evidence

Batsh*t looney.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

*excluding anyone who has actually investigated the matter and analysed the evidence

Batsh*t looney.

Yeah! But they didn't read the Daily Mail, I bet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Barbe bleu said:

If you like rayner she is as innocent as a new born.

If you loathe her she is a disgraced lier and a hypocrit of the highest order.

The truth is somewhere in the middle, it always is.

Probably worth you all accepting that you have your view and others have theirs and that none of you can prove what was going on on her mind at the time.  

There's better things to do

The truth isn't anywhere near the middle. She's about as squeaky clean as the vast majority of people. But like the vast majority of us she's not an evil, manipulative scumbag that birdie wants to portray her as. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I'm still waiting for the cases on Tredinnick, Laing, Vara and Miller to be broadcast. After all, they were all in the same CGT-related boat and the figures involved were far, far higher than with Rayner. If we're going to investigate one politician for potential fraud in this manner, let's have them all done, and let's have commensurate media coverage of each case.

After all, they've all gotta be paying their taxes and not be defensive, libellous weasels like Nadhim Zahawi, right?

Edited by TheGunnShow
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Barbe bleu said:

If you like rayner she is as innocent as a new born.

If you loathe her she is a disgraced lier and a hypocrit of the highest order.

The truth is somewhere in the middle, it always is.

Probably worth you all accepting that you have your view and others have theirs and that none of you can prove what was going on on her mind at the time.  

There's better things to do

BB - She has been investigated twice by the police on this subject, HMRC and the local council plus of course her own HMRC advice.

Furthermore she stated she would resign if there was case to answer. That's quite an honorable position not entered into lightly.

She has been cleared by all the parties involved and that should now be an end to it. 

However, What I see from some (which can only be interpreted as ignorance of the law and the definitions) is that 'mud' sticks. If this is the level to which we have fallen then God help us all.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Funny, he always seemed such a nice chap!

Conservative Party Deputy Chairman Jonathan Gullis took a five-figure donation from JCB, then stayed silent when the company axed hundreds of jobs in his constituency just two weeks later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Yellow Fever said:

She has been cleared by all the parties involved and that should now be an end to it. 

 

She has not been cleared of lying to the public. No authority is pursuing it further; that does not mean she didn't lie about where she was living, which she clearly did.

If there was some form of transparent process that clearly stated she was telling the truth as to what was her principle residence, then she would be cleared of lying to the public. Instead, everyone can make up their own minds based on what's known publicly; she very clearly lied.

Liar Rayner. Soon to be deputy PM liar Rayner.

Edited by littleyellowbirdie
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will you scream and scream until you are sick? 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Herman said:

Will you scream and scream until you are sick? 

HMRC only said that she didn't owe any capital gains tax; they made no comment as to whether they believed she was telling the truth as to her principal residence.

Stockport council, dominated by the Lib Dems and Labour, only said that it wouldn't be taking action, not that she was innocent or that there weren't any grounds to take action.

The police just said it was nothing to do with them, which begs the question why it took them several months to work that out.

Nobody has said she isn't a liar. The reason for that is because she's very obviously  a liar and wasn't really living at what she claimed was her principal residence.

Edited by littleyellowbirdie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

She has not been cleared of lying to the public. No authority is pursuing it further; that does not mean she didn't lie about where she was living, which she clearly did.

If there was some form of transparent process that clearly stated she was telling the truth as to what was her principle residence, then she would be cleared of lying to the public. Instead, everyone can make up their own minds based on what's known publicly; she very clearly lied.

Liar Rayner. Soon to be deputy PM liar Rayner.

Politicians would never lie, how dare you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Rayner story is a non story, just a desperate attempt to show some sort of equivalence between Tory and Labour corruption, which we all know is of a different order of magnitude. The Tories are suffering from the complacency that hits all long term governments, the only way to get rid of that is to move to a squeaky clean Labour Government. And it will be squeaky clean initially, then of course the same old complacency will see corruption start to creep in and the luney Left like Billy and Dan will start to become emboldened and eventually bring the government down. Twas ever thus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wait, if Rayner had lied, then wouldn't she actually have been liable for CGT, but HMRC have said she isn't?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TheGunnShow said:

Wait, if Rayner had lied, then wouldn't she actually have been liable for CGT, but HMRC have said she isn't?

Simple, isn't it? At least it is to people without double digit IQs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Wait, if Rayner had lied, then wouldn't she actually have been liable for CGT, but HMRC have said she isn't?

Prynhawn da

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Wait, if Rayner had lied, then wouldn't she actually have been liable for CGT, but HMRC have said she isn't?

It's not as simple as that apparently.

The article I shared about Angela Rayner's taxes in the New Statesman covers it very well. As a married couple, they should have declared one of the houses as their main residence. Given that it looks very much like she didn't understand how the tax situation worked it seems likely they never made a nomination. On that basis, HMRC won't have been interested in her electoral role declaration.

Key bits from the New Statesman evaluation.

  • There’s been much speculation about where (Angela) Rayner’s home was during the period of her marriage. But this isn’t terribly relevant – the question is where their joint main residence was, and there’s little doubt that was her husband’s house

If that's the case then she definitely lied regarding her electoral role declaration, but the council has decided to take no further action.

So overall, she lied to the public, probably because of the house sale, but probably didn't actually need to in the first place, and got away with it.

Oh what a tangled web we weave when first we practise to deceive.

 

Edited by littleyellowbirdie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

It's not as simple as that apparently.

The article I shared about Angela Rayner's taxes in the New Statesman covers it very well. As a married couple, they should have declared one of the houses as their main residence. Given that it looks very much like she didn't understand how the tax situation worked it seems likely they never made a nomination. On that basis, HMRC won't have been interested in her electoral role declaration.

Key bits from the New Statesman evaluation.

  • There’s been much speculation about where (Angela) Rayner’s home was during the period of her marriage. But this isn’t terribly relevant – the question is where their joint main residence was, and there’s little doubt that was her husband’s house

If that's the case then she definitely lied regarding her electoral role declaration, but the council has decided to take no further action.

So overall, she lied to the public, probably because of the house sale, but probably didn't actually need to in the first place, and got away with it.

Oh what a tangled web we weave when first we practise to deceive.

 

It's a nothing story, banging on about it just makes it worse.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Nik Vawn said:

It's a nothing story, banging on about it just makes it worse.

It would be a nothing story in my view if the subject of the story hadn't personally made such a big issue of honesty and integrity when she was attacking Johnson regarding lying to the public. I think she should be judged by the standards she herself asserted should be standard. She lied on her electoral register declaration, probably because she didn't understand the tax situation; she should go.

Edited by littleyellowbirdie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...