cambridgeshire canary

Jose Cordoba; Keen on a move here?

2 minutes ago, Big Vince said:

After several years on this forum, there are still many people who lose the debate, even before starting it, by opting to play the poster instead of the post .

Those who lose 'the debate' before starting it are the ones who fail to spot a parody account and choose to engage with it in the first place. 

The winners are the ones who realise that the likes of Big Vince and Keith Scott are parody accounts and don't bite.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Those who lose 'the debate' before starting it are the ones who fail to spot a parody account and choose to engage with it in the first place. 

The winners are the ones who realise that the likes of Big Vince and Keith Scott are parody accounts and don't bite.

There is no such thing as a parody account. There are posters who express different points of view, as they are entitled to do in a society where we still have freedom of expression. You are advocating exclusion and censorship because you disagree with a certain point of view and believe that this forum should contain boundaries acceptable only to you.

Edited by Big Vince
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Paul101 said:

the sporting director

the new Head coach will only be part of the team to decide transfers thats how they normaly work unlike a manager who runs nearly everything

LIverpool have just swapped to a headcoach from Klopp who was a Manager

We appointed Webber 7 years ago and people still don't get this, blows my mind.

• Like 3

It's positive to see us making proactive moves and suggests we're either very confident of selling a couple of players or we feel comfortable enough with the finances to make signings like this without sales. Either way everything that has happened so far this summer seems organised, well planned and thought through. 

13 minutes ago, king canary said:

We appointed Webber 7 years ago and people still don't get this, blows my mind.

'Manager' should be added to the PinkUn's swear filter. Any time you type it it should appear as *******.

25 minutes ago, king canary said:

It's positive to see us making proactive moves and suggests we're either very confident of selling a couple of players or we feel comfortable enough with the finances to make signings like this without sales. Either way everything that has happened so far this summer seems organised, well planned and thought through. 

Obvious question I'd be posing is "how much of the wage budget was lopped off with the players that were released, especially considering Baath, Gibson and Giannoulis were three of them?"

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Yup, here it is. Norwich is a far nicer place than Glasgow mind so I don't blame him 😉

Thanks CC. This look likes good news. We are a more attractive option than Rangers. 

Levski  Sofia badly need money and this price around 3 mil euro is silly money because they easy can accept less .

Any way left footed CB is must to be added after Gobson departure so seems Cordoba is the man even a bit overpriced for someone who played Bulgaria 2nd live football not far ago.

4 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Obvious question I'd be posing is "how much of the wage budget was lopped off with the players that were released, especially considering Baath, Gibson and Giannoulis were three of them?"

Significant I'd imagine- certainly a few million a year.

3 minutes ago, Boris said:

Levski  Sofia badly need money and this price around 3 mil euro is silly money because they easy can accept less .

Any way left footed CB is must to be added after Gobson departure so seems Cordoba is the man even a bit overpriced for someone who played Bulgaria 2nd live football not far ago.

I'd be surprised if we're playing 3 million euros upfront- you'd imagine there will be clauses based on appearences and promotion to the Premier League. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Yup, here it is. Norwich is a far nicer place than Glasgow mind so I don't blame him 😉

I mean I was partly joking but turns out I was right😂

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

3 million perhaps?  Total wage bill was £56m in 2022/23 and I suspect was lower last season, say £50m? With the loss of parachute payments, the total wage bill needs to be closer to £20-25m, so some way to go. Losing the old guard on big money will help but probably not until their contracts run out, so another season or two in some cases. 

Edited by Up and Away

In the short term, I suspect player sales will be needed to cover the loss of TV money. That then gives a season or two to rid the wage bill of the highest earners. Signing Bulgarian/Danish players could also be a way to lower the wage bill.

2 hours ago, king canary said:

It does seem so. However, I wonder why we didn't bring in another loan or a better loan or 2 in January if we were comfortable enough with finances. Maybe it was a case of the targeted player not being available. Instead we were left with an increasingly jaded small squad by the time the play-offs arrived. We were in a reasonable position January for a promotion push, but it would have had to have been through the play-offs, so need for a couple more signings to bolster a thin squad and replace those departing.. DW clearly was likely to be dispensed with regardless. 

Probably better than Gibson.

Definitely on lower wages.

Rangers fans salty.

What's not to like?

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Probably better than Gibson.

Definitely on lower wages.

Rangers fans salty.

What's not to like?

Amusing that we gave Rangers Cantwell and Dowell, now we are taking a defender away from them they wanted and we even sold Idah to their rivals who beat them in a cup final thanks to him scoring against them

They must really hate us right now..

Watching the highlights I really don't know what to make of the guy, If he does sign he's sure going to bring some entertainment!!

Looks like has massive potential too.  So hard to judge the level of opposition though.

Wouldn't it be fun to invite Rangers down for a pre-season friendly this year, and then throw on Idah again, at the end. 

1 hour ago, Google Bot said:

Watching the highlights I really don't know what to make of the guy, If he does sign he's sure going to bring some entertainment!!

Looks like has massive potential too.  So hard to judge the level of opposition though.

Yes, just had a look.  Not very convincing with the ball, but hopefully he will keep growing.  Seems to be good at getting in the way when defending……

He's only 22 years old I believe. Let's get the lad in and give him a chance 

He looks strong, nippy and has a bit of skill. The level of officiating seems a bit suspect, a good few incidents there would be fouls for shoves in the back.

Looks very promissing though if you ask me.

Very fast, strong, skilful, and minded to surge forward with the ball at speed. Exactly what we have been missing in a centre back last season, in my opinion.

17 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I mean I was partly joking but turns out I was right😂

Blimey if you start taking canary jerry on X as your source then you're in trouble 😬

He's one of those ITK people that tweets stuff but never actually says anything until it's happened and then claims it. Stuff like "big news" coming. So ambiguous that it could literally relate to anything that happens in the future. 

Gave up watching that highlights reel. The standard looks terrible.

He's playing on the left of a 3, does a bit of dribbling, but we need ball playing CBs. Our fans will love him trying to dribble out from the back alongside Duffy.

I'd have thought he would be more of a wingback than as part of a 4 man defence.

Not for me.

2 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Gave up watching that highlights reel. The standard looks terrible.

He's playing on the left of a 3, does a bit of dribbling, but we need ball playing CBs. Our fans will love him trying to dribble out from the back alongside Duffy.

I'd have thought he would be more of a wingback than as part of a 4 man defence.

Not for me.

Not sure you get a say in the matter though. 😉

Or do you? Hmm… 🤔

14 minutes ago, Satriales said:

He looks about 9ft tall! 

The next Kevin Francis!😀

18 hours ago, Up and Away said:

In the short term, I suspect player sales will be needed to cover the loss of TV money. That then gives a season or two to rid the wage bill of the highest earners. Signing Bulgarian/Danish players could also be a way to lower the wage bill.

Loss of tv money? We should get a similar amount this season, or more of we do exceptionally well.

3 minutes ago, LaUnionCanary said:

Loss of tv money? We should get a similar amount this season, or more of we do exceptionally well.

The new EFL deal is a 50% increase according to the EFL website. So more money than before, but of course way less than if we had managed promotion to the EPL.