desperate to get out quickly more like 😛

McKenna – who is contracted to Ipswich until 2027 - is ambitious and is understood to be keen to take the next step in his career.

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)

Could this be the wakeup call that the binners need to realise that its not the 70s or 80s anymore and that they are nothing more than the newest whipping boys for the top flight and that players and staff alike know they are going down and see them as nothing more than a stepping stone to use to move on to bigger and better things?

Don't hedge your bets that they will enter reality anytime soon but who knows maybe this might be the slap in the face they need to wake up if only just for a little while..

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

That they are so focussed on retaining McKenna is a worrying portent that they are doing all they can to maximise their opportunity cf our seemingly squandering every chance approach. Indeed, you only have to retain your status for one year to be eligible for three years of parachute payments. And, we only have to look at other clubs with money - Brighton, Brentford, Palace - for  example, to see that it is to become established in the PL. That our owners were unable/unwilling to seek new investment over the last decade may hold us back for a generation to come. But I assume the 80% are happy with that.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Highland Canary said:

That they are so focussed on retaining McKenna is a worrying portent that they are doing all they can to maximise their opportunity cf our seemingly squandering every chance approach. Indeed, you only have to retain your status for one year to be eligible for three years of parachute payments. And, we only have to look at other clubs with money - Brighton, Brentford, Palace - for  example, to see that it is to become established in the PL. That our owners were unable/unwilling to seek new investment over the last decade may hold us back for a generation to come. But I assume the 80% are happy with that.

The fact you listed 3 and I can list you 5x more than haven't, even with that investment you think makes all the difference, should speak volumes to you. But it won't.

I know this was posted above. But I think we could all enjoy seeing it again.

20240522_170608.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

2 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

They are utterly delusional 

It’s astonishing how some don’t see things for how they are.  Both us and the binners are ‘potentially’ similar sized clubs to Brighton, but they are currently light years ahead of both of us.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pyro Pete said:

I know this was posted above. But I think we could all enjoy seeing it again.

20240522_170608.jpg

Any chance of a cheeky City View feature on the topic?
Could easily get 15-20 mins, examining all angles of course

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

It’s astonishing how some don’t see things for how they are.  Both us and the binners are ‘potentially’ similar sized clubs to Brighton, but they are currently light years ahead of both of us.  

How to upset a binner in 2 simple steps:

1. Ask them what bigger actually means

2. Tell that winning trophies 40yrs ago doesn't make them bigger, just made them successful 40 yrs ago.

You'll get 1 of 2 responses....either no response or some reference to being in the PL and not being bothered about 15yrs 😬

Feels like it could be really pivotal. When I look over their squad, I almost can't understand how they finished 2nd with barely any PL capable players. The conclusion I come to is momentum + manager played a huge part.

Couldn't have happened to a nicer Top 6 team IMO

28 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

yes

£373m in debt is the kind of figure we can only dream of - and has brought umpteen titles and trophies to that part of the South Coast

whereas since their first loan (2007) what have we won ?

the Jack Walker (Blackburn) model is great ................................while it lasts

No wonder there are so many dissatisfied women walking round Ipswich when their menfolk have such a poor perception on size. 😉

• Haha 4

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Mason 47 said:

Feels like it could be really pivotal. When I look over their squad, I almost can't understand how they finished 2nd with barely any PL capable players. The conclusion I come to is momentum + manager played a huge part.

Think he's probably realised he completely blagged this promition with this bunch of chancers and rode their luck the whole season, culminating in Leeds and Southampton handing it to them on a plate.

Leave whilst his stock his high

Will jump ship before they get ruthlessly found out on a weekly basis

Think Derby's 12 pts and Sheff Utd's 101+ goals conceded

Edited by GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, RobJames said:

yes

£373m in debt is the kind of figure we can only dream of - and has brought umpteen titles and trophies to that part of the South Coast

whereas since their first loan (2007) what have we won ?

the Jack Walker (Blackburn) model is great ................................while it lasts

For some perspective though. 

Brighton's £373m gross debt was still the fourth largest in the Premier League, mainly due to investment in the stadium and the training ground, though this was far below the likes of Tottenham £851m (new stadium), Everton £792m (stadium and transfer spend) and Manchester United £636m (the Glazers' leveraged buy-out).15 Apr 2024

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Mason 47 said:

If their fans could just be broadly sensible for a moment and not live in this delusional fantasy world then I might have a modicum of sympathy for them having their manager poached by a bigger club.

The clock is already ticking on their Premier League status and life with McKenna.

I have absolutely zero sympathy for them.

38 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Think he's probably realised he completely blagged this promition with this bunch of chancers and rode their luck the whole season, culminating in Leeds and Southampton handing it to them on a plate.

Leave whilst his stock his high

Will jump ship before they get ruthlessly found out on a weekly basis

Think Derby's 12 pts and Sheff Utd's 101+ goals conceded

Apparently the rest of the BBC article suggest that Ipswich are calm about the situation. Sod’s Law they find someone just as capable and stay up beyond a season just to f**k us off… 🙄

On 21/05/2024 at 17:22, Old Shuck said:

Brighton's training complex at Lancing is absolutely stunning, we are, rightly, proud of Colney but, in terms of size, scope, facilities and outlook, Lancing tops anything we and most other clubs other than the absolute elite have.

But do they have a soccerbot? 😂

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Danke bitte said:

Apparently the rest of the BBC article suggest that Ipswich are calm about the situation. Sod’s Law they find someone just as capable and stay up beyond a season just to f**k us off… 🙄

With or without McKenna , which 3 sides are they really going to finish above? (Unless 3 clubs get docked 12 pts a piece)

They'll be down by shrove Tuesday

• Like 1

Just been on BHA forum and they're a right bunch of fannies. One even said it would look bad if they stole the manager off a newly promoted club.

Ten Hag might be sacked after the weekend, so we might see some movement soon.

1 hour ago, Midlands Yellow said:

For some perspective though. 

Brighton's £373m gross debt was still the fourth largest in the Premier League, mainly due to investment in the stadium and the training ground, though this was far below the likes of Tottenham £851m (new stadium), Everton £792m (stadium and transfer spend) and Manchester United £636m (the Glazers' leveraged buy-out).15 Apr 2024

Acknowledging context is a dying game.

When it is applicable, that is

"mainly due"

'The AMEX Stadium was built between 2008 and 2011, at a cost of £93 million'

'A state-of-the-art training complex in nearby Lancing followed three years later, at a cost of around £20m."

I don't normally take notice of speculation, but for the BBC to run that story, it's clear that Kieran McKenna (or his agent on his behalf) is angling to change jobs very soon.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Icecream Snow said:

I don't normally take notice of speculation, but for the BBC to run that story, it's clear that Kieran McKenna (or his agent on his behalf) is angling to change jobs very soon.

Hes done all he can at Poorman Road, everyone apart from them from Suffolk can see this.

11 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Hes done all he can at Poorman Road, everyone apart from them from Suffolk can see this.

Apart from relegate them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My guess is that McBinner will sign a new contract with the Binners. No way are Chelsea going to take him. 
Brighton prob would but ITFC will match their offer . 
#hiw