1 hour ago, TheGunnShow said:

Swiss German is a VERY long way away from German, just saying. That is the main language in the majority of the cantons though, French is spoken mainly in four or five, Italian in Ticino and Romansch in Grisons.

Yes, but what language do they chant in? 😉

Just now, shefcanary said:

Yes, but what language do they chant in? 😉

It'll depend on whereabouts in Switzerland they're from (if they're from Zürich then it will definitely be their brand of German, if it's Geneva it'll be their form of French), but start with Swiss German as a guess as it's spoken in most cantons there, and work backwards. In short, I don't know for absolute certain for the reason stated above.

Not had enough experience of the Swiss to speak with confidence re. their ability to switch between French and German though.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ken Hairy said:

That Spanish line up looks bang average 

This aged well 🙈🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

It'll depend on whereabouts in Switzerland they're from (if they're from Zürich then it will definitely be their brand of German, if it's Geneva it'll be their form of French), but start with Swiss German as a guess as it's spoken in most cantons there, and work backwards. In short, I don't know for absolute certain for the reason stated above.

Not had enough experience of the Swiss to speak with confidence re. their ability to switch between French and German though.

I guess as the tournament is in Germany, it will be German but thought I heard some in French. 

Posted (edited)

A 16 year old with a world class cross. If you're good enough you're old enough. Or something.

Edited by shefcanary

1 minute ago, shefcanary said:

I guess as the tournament is in Germany, it will be German but thought I heard some in French. 

Yeah, those are the most likely two, as I said.

But again, Swiss German is so far away from Hochdeutsch that if a Swiss German film is shown in Germany, it's often subtitled. And in my old job managing hotels in Germany/German-speaking Switzerland on an online booking portal, trying to communicate with hotels in Basel and Zürich needed a request to speak Hochdeutsch as even I wasn''t following it.  

• Like 1

From what I’ve been watching this last hour or so, Southgate wouldn’t have a clue how to beat them - and they’re 3-0 down…

I have followed and played football for the best part of 50 years and I have no clue what that yellow card and penalty was for🤷🏼‍♂️ ???

Justice with the pen miss, blatant dive,  why on Earth VAR didn't overturn it beggars belief

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Daz Sparks said:

There was some faint contact, but what follows looks like a dive to me. 

Like something Grealish would dream up?

4 minutes ago, Foxy2600 said:

Like something Grealish would dream up?

Yes, it was in no way a foul. Oh well, crap refereeing decision,  followed by bizarre VAR review. 

Of course the first dreadful refereeing involves English officials 🤣

26 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Who saw that coming? Our officials asking for respect is like Sadam Hussein asking for peace.

25 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Memories of the 3 yellows? Well anyways VAR could never attain the heights of Anders Frisk…

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Who saw that coming? Our officials asking for respect is like Sadam Hussein asking for peace.

Our officials are dead? 🤔

I guess they might be hiding in a hole now though... 

Edited by chicken

9 minutes ago, Foxy2600 said:

Memories of the 3 yellows? Well anyways VAR could never attain the heights of Anders Frisk…

Good old Graham Poll 😁