3 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

And to prevent fans drinking on an empty stomach, the low-alcohol beer will only be served with sausages or cheese. Now that's a wurst-käse scenario.

Soljanka should become rhyming slang soon enough.

Is there some sort of award for anyone who watches all 3 games today? I'm looking forward to Spain v Croatia but any match involving Switzerland is going to be like watching paint dry. 

No idea what Albania are like but I'll watch them just in case. Let's face it, there's always the possibility of it all kicking off when Italy play. 

47 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Is there some sort of award for anyone who watches all 3 games today? I'm looking forward to Spain v Croatia but any match involving Switzerland is going to be like watching paint dry. 

No idea what Albania are like but I'll watch them just in case. Let's face it, there's always the possibility of it all kicking off when Italy play. 

Ten of the Albania squad play in Italy (nine in Serie A), so it will be a derby of sorts. Two of the Albanians play for my 'other' team, Lecce, so I'd like to see both of these teams do well in the tournament.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I think you've just highlighted the difference between being married or single 😉😀

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

So much for those semi auto offsides being quick, that was clearly onside, but took too long for the decision

Edited by Ken Hairy
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

So much for those semi auto offsides being quick, that was clearly onside, but took too long for the decision

About 30 seconds, wasn't it? That's still quicker than tight calls in the Premier League which can be a couple of minutes by the time they've manually added the lines.

Switzerland are looking very good here in the first half an hour.

43 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

About 30 seconds, wasn't it? That's still quicker than tight calls in the Premier League which can be a couple of minutes by the time they've manually added the lines.

Switzerland are looking very good here in the first half an hour.

I could tell after 1 second if was onside, 30 seconds (it seemed longer) was far far too long for such a simple decision 

18 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

I could tell after 1 second if was onside, 30 seconds (it seemed longer) was far far too long for such a simple decision 

Yeah, it was clear from the first replay, but I guess procedures have to be followed. We saw what happened in the Spurs-Liverpool game last season what happens when they rush.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Switzerland look two good for the Scots, Hungary, don't know.

They key was that there was a winner either way, to not allow Scotland a glimmer

We didn't need it to be a draw to qualify.

22 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Switzerland look two good for the Scots, Hungary, don't know.

They key was that there was a winner either way, to not allow Scotland a glimmer

Scotland aren't getting any points, they're miles behind both nations 

1 hour ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

It would certainly have helped

Lose to Switzerland now and its curtains

It doesn't really. Their result is immaterial. Lose to Switzerland and same situation as if it had been a draw. Maximum 3points possible and maybe 3rd place qualification if very lucky. A draw assuming Germany win all their games might help towards getting 2nd, which is still possible with the result as it was. We are aiming for 4 points from Hungry/Switzerland which should guarantee going through in 3rd or even 2nd. The draw only really helps us get 2nd. Maybe at the end that might matter, but lots of way to split hairs at the moment.

1 hour ago, shefcanary said:

Just pondering, what language do the Swiss fans chant in? 

Swiss German is a VERY long way away from German, just saying. That is the main language in the majority of the cantons though, French is spoken mainly in four or five, Italian in Ticino and Romansch in Grisons.

29 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

It would certainly have helped

Lose to Switzerland now and its curtains

Not necessarily. Even if both Scotland and Hungary lose their next game and are on zero points going into the final match, the winner still has a chance, depending on what the third placed teams in the other groups do.

For example, in the AFCON earlier this year which had the exact same format, two of the third placed teams only got two points. As a result, all third placed teams with three points qualified.

4 minutes ago, Daz Sparks said:

Bright start from Spain, but Croatia coming into the game now. 

Shows what I know. 

1 - 0 Spain. 

37 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Feels like Croatia have had that midfield 3 since Mexico '86....

You can't win anything with OAP's.