Posted (edited)

If Sarge goes for £20m for example how about spending say £15m on Morgan Whittaker from Plymouth? He’s around 6ft tall, he scores goals from all angles and he’s quick with ability. Sounds ideal to me. What do you think?

Edited by Jersey Canary
Missing info.
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Jersey Canary said:

If Sarge goes for £20m for example how about spending say £15m on Morgan Whittaker from Plymouth? He’s around 6ft tall, he scores goals from all angles and he’s quick with ability. Sounds ideal to me. What do you think?

£15m! No chance Plymouth are getting that much from anyone.

No chance in hell that we're spending anywhere near that on a player that has had 1 good season in the Championship.

Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

No chance in hell that we're spending anywhere near that on a player that has had 1 good season in the Championship.

…but we appear to expect others to offer the same sort of figures on Rowe, Sara et al.

Edited by Branston Pickle
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

…but we appear to expect others to offer the same sort of figures on Rowe, Sara et al.

Certainly do for Sara. Leicester fans would love to sign him. 

7 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Almost like we have dirt cheap and poor owners and no money while other clubs have billionaire owners and are loaded.

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Almost like we have dirt cheap and poor owners and no money while other clubs have billionaire owners and are loaded.

Not any more we don’t - Attanasio is meant to be worth around £500m, that’s plenty,

Edited by Branston Pickle

Jay Stansfield would be a better investment, IMO

Rather have Lisa Stansfield.

In all seriousness we should look at both. Should be on good terms with them after the Bali deal. 

53 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

I don't think we're wrong to expect big money for the likes of Sara.

We're just not going to spend it like that. Our record outgoing fees are around 10m and that's whilst in the Premier League. Wasn't Sara our largest spend whilst in the champs, a fee around 6m rising to 10 with certain criteria (presumably promotion being a big one).

It's quite funny that a lot of records are still suggesting that we signed Yannic WIldschut for 8m. 

Would be a fantastic addition, however I think he's going to find himself higher up the pyramid then us. 

• Like 1

Lets get serious, our annual wage bill is about £20m more than we can afford and our debts are probably still about £50m.  I doubt we will be spending that much on any player this summer regardless of who we sell.  MA might invest a bit of course, but I’m not expecting us to spend more than last summer while also avoiding high earners at the end of their career.  Last year was a very poor window from Webber.

47 minutes ago, Canario said:

Rather have Lisa Stansfield.

In all seriousness we should look at both.

Jay and Lisa Stansfield?

Although if we did I would expect it to be news all around the world.

Lazio were sniffing round him in January. We've no chance

we should be looking at the top League 1 talent and try get that in for peanuts, find the next Whittaker

Harrison Burrows is a player we should be all over

On 19/05/2024 at 19:43, Jersey Canary said:

If Sarge goes for £20m

If Sarge goes for £20m his replacement is much more like to cost about £5m.

We've got a huge financial black hole to fill.