Sign in to follow this  
GodlyOtsemobor

Wagner gone!!

4 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

I think he spends a lot of time reading and posting on here. He has several accounts, I think Keith Scott and Big Vince are a couple of them. He also keeps track of uppity supporters so your cards are marked MY. 😉

As long as he’s paid well for it that’s fair enough. 

Just now, Midlands Yellow said:

As long as he’s paid well for it that’s fair enough. 

Personally I blame Zoe Webber. 

Dreadful manager. Tactical Dinosaur. Got results mainly off the back of individual brilliance.

Just need the coffin dodgers fully out of the club and NCFC might actually have a future.

All the best.

Big Keith Scott.

16 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Or that 6-2 slaughtering at Plymouth

Or Leeds at home,or Middsbro at home or Blackburn at home. Glad he's gone,never the right fit for NCFC.

He had got me on side, until I saw the team last night with no Sainz.

Fair play he did well to get us to the playoffs, soi thank him for that, but overall my heart tells me this is the right decision.

You can only work with what you're given....I thought Waggo did ok under the circumstances but we need an impetus and whole changes within all the structures within the Club....Tesco Express competing against Walmart means we'll always be also rans.... 

Did well to get a squad to the playoffs that was very average defensively.

Let's be honest, no manager on earth would have got this squad of players into the Prem.

• Like 6

Did really well at times and our form in 2024 has been pretty good (last few games notwithstanding) but I do feel that now is the best time to start fresh with a manager who can get the whole of preseason to mould this team as I feel like we had no real style of play for the most part. 

Thank you to Wagner and his staff as they did provide us with some great moments this season and he seemed like a top man but it's for the best and I hope he can do well with another club (that isn't a divisional rival!)

Posted (edited)

I can’t say I’m surprised. Really nice guy and done wonders turning it around to get into the playoffs, Had he have been backed in January then who knows if it had been different but ultimately our away form and the way this team implodes under any pressure couldn’t be allowed to Continue 

Edited by Virtual reality

56 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

This is why this forum needs a moderator, to stop the repeat threads.

why who cares never found it an issue on this forum 

you can have multiple threads one with all the grumpy in people 

the other with the normal 

27 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

I think he spends a lot of time reading and posting on here. He has several accounts, I think Keith Scott and Big Vince are a couple of them. He also keeps track of uppity supporters so your cards are marked MY. 😉

Yes he keeps a register of the 20%. Like the others he isn't very numerate.

Assuming this is correct it's very decisive and bodes well for the coming weeks as regards 'ins' and 'outs'.

Where’s the confirmation? So far it’s just been reported that he’s set to go. Carlos Cuesta has been rumoured to replace him but would  we really be able to afford his wages considering he’s currently an assistant at a big PL club?

17 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Did well to get a squad to the playoffs that was very average defensively.

Let's be honest, no manager on earth would have got this squad of players into the Prem.

Exactly my thought , but I agree with the decision! We need a breath of fresh air and that means a new manager along with some youg additions to the squad. This squad was not ready for the PL .... problem is , we will now lose our best players...

28 minutes ago, mannings bandy legs said:

Or Leeds at home,or Middsbro at home or Blackburn at home. Glad he's gone,never the right fit for NCFC.

It’s a bit ridiculous to cherry pick certain fixtures - all clubs have off-days - it completely misses that despite everything we managed to finish in the top 6. Some credit should be given for that, but ultimately it does feel we need something different.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

Still not confirmed though is it? Being reported by BBC but nothing on club site or here

It's happened

Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

You don’t take a club from 17th to 6th (and briefly 5th)

Eh?! We were only in 17th because of him!!! I could be wrong, but weren't we still within touching distance of the playoffs (maybe even in the top 6 but having played more games than those around us) when Wagner took over?

So he took us from around 6th, to 6th.

Edited by canarydan23
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

It’s a bit ridiculous to cherry pick certain fixtures - all clubs have off-days - it completely misses that despite everything we managed to finish in the top 6. Some credit should be given for that, but ultimately it does feel we need something different.

Is the away form for the entire season still cherry picking?

4 minutes ago, hogesar said:

It's happened

Not on official site or here, here just says likely to be sacked 

This news, especially the suggestion he’s known about it for a while explains a lot for me in terms of the performances and attitude to the last few games of the season. As much as they say it makes no difference, it never seems to work when a coach and players both know he’s off at the end of the season.

Combine that with a few players out of contract also and it’s not a recipe for success.

Ive gone from very down to quite excited as a result of this news. An up and coming coach with most of our current front six at his disposal, a rebuilt defence and a shrewd signing or two is quite an exciting prospect. 

Footballs a brutal industry isn't it, best of luck to Wagner, I think he deserves some credit. Albeit yesterday was a pretty rubbish end to his tenure. 

7 minutes ago, daniel_grieff said:

Is the away form for the entire season still cherry picking?

Missing the entire point I was making certainly is.  Well done.

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

Or if Knapper hadn't loaned out Idah and replaced with SvH, we'd likely have got 3 points from the likes of QPR away

Maybe Idah wanted to go like we are told when we shouldn't have sold Buendia. Knapper getting rid of Wagner is a good 1st step in the right direction. Now for a young progressive coach who gives the youth a chance

In two minds about this. Ultimately a top 6 finish is all that anybody could of realistically asked for. We have some good players but no strength in depth as the various injuries proved. When we played well we played very well.

I hope it's not a case of be careful what you wish for - it's quite hard to do better and very easy to do at lot worse!

I hope Knapper has someone immediately in-mind. Anyway such is the lot of almost all football managers to always get sacked in the end.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nuff Said said:

You don’t take a club from 17th to 6th (and briefly 5th) if you’re not a good manager. Some of the nonsense on this thread about Wagner being a poor coach is ridiculous. People don’t like him, or disagree with the way he did things, that’s fair enough, but that’s doesn’t make him a bad coach.

I agree with @Google Bot, this decision was probably made and shared some time ago, which would explain his reluctance to do anything with an eye to the long-term like give minutes to younger players. I wonder if his wife’s poor health was a factor too, he may well have decided it suited him to take the payoff and a break.

A decent guy who gave us plenty of ups as well as quite a few downs, I wish him well.

Quite. I think this is the right decision but Wagner is a perfectly capable manager/head coach who will not be short of job offers from decent clubs.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Not one of our great managers but certainly not one of our worst. He did okay, but ultimately Knapper was always going to want his own man in and for that reason it is probably the right time to go. The club have acted well in this instance by giving him a chance and some time, and if we had gone up, I would have expected him to stay. This feels like the right decision at the right time and I wish him well in the future. No hard feelings from me at all. 

Blatantly going to be the Arsenal assistant manager once he finishes his GCSEs and moves out of his mum's house.

Edited by Worthy Nigelton
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1