Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Big Vince

Tills Ringing

Recommended Posts

Sargent, Sara and Rowe will all be off now and Delia will be ringing that till to the tune of tens of millions whilst at the same time telling us that it was the players themselves who wanted to leave. Do you see. Happens every time.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, KeiranShikari said:

I don't think any of them leave tbh. 

Then we go bankrupt

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, KeiranShikari said:

I don't think any of them leave tbh. 

One or two of will have to leave, even if the bids aren't what might have been hoped for. That's the reality.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, KeiranShikari said:

I don't think any of them leave tbh. 

Really!!? I think almost the whole squad will change for one reason or another 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Perhaps Delia will sell to pay off MA's debt finance.

This is very likely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, MC_NCFC said:

Really!!? I think almost the whole squad will change for one reason or another 

I don't see an English top flight team taking Sargent, He's spent a lot of time injured this season and is on a long contract. I don't see a foreign club coming in with an attractive enough offer.

Similar with Rowe although he is of course on a shorter deal. I think we probably keep him and sell next summer if we aren't promoted.

Sara is the only one I'm slightly worried about losing although that is only a slight worry. If he does go it's will be for big money.

Other than that I think the core of the better players (Nunez, McLean, Gunn, Sainz and Stacey) all stay together. 

I only think there will be big changes at CB, I'm sure we're hoping at least one of our youngsters have an impressive pre season. Will obviously need a defensive midfielder and another striker too but I don't think we'll see huge changes to the squad overall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

As long as Michael has his Woodbines and Delia has her wines who cares. 

And it was the proudest moment of Delia's life to pay off the debt, now a repeat performance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

I don't think any of them leave tbh. 

Oh they will. We need money to rebuild. Maybe not all of them. But some for sure 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, S_81 said:

Oh they will. We need money to rebuild. Maybe not all of them. But some for sure 

That's the thing though, we don't need a massive rebuild.

Fans always say that their teams need a rebuild but clubs very rarely make mass changes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

That's the thing though, we don't need a massive rebuild.

Fans always say that their teams need a rebuild but clubs very rarely make mass changes.

Yeah I don’t mean rebuild is in the whole squad. Ideally we’d replace all our centre backs. Realistically it’s probably Gibson and Batth who go this summer. But I don’t want to see Hanley or Duffy as starters next year. Depending on how good our youth crop is I think we need two new centre backs. We will need another left back. And we need a CDM. 
Hopefully Kamara is kept and kicks on up top. But Barnes is past his best, so we likely need another 10 option.  And we need better from the bench generally 
 

I think Rowe will be sold. If there’s serious offers. His drop off in form (and injury) may stop that this summer. 
Sara will receive offers. I’m sure. 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I think Sara goes as he's shown he's outgrown the championship and on top of that will likely command the highest fee.

I actually think we retain the other top players.

Edited by hogesar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, hogesar said:

I think Sara goes as he's shown he's outgrown the championship and on top of that will likely command the highest fee.

I actually think we retain the rest.

When you factor in Tzolis (presumably sold this summer and not a loss to the squad) and Idah (who should have been here but isn’t) it indeed might well not be many leavers.   Rowe is a decision point though, isn’t he going into his last year?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I think Sara goes as he's shown he's outgrown the championship and on top of that will likely command the highest fee.

I actually think we retain the other top players.

One player sold will not fill the financial gap this time because we have now lost prem money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

More than happy to see them all go along with Wagner.

Massively overrated players. 

And gutless to boot.

Take the money and run.

All the best.

Big Keith Scott.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

That's the thing though, we don't need a massive rebuild.

Fans always say that their teams need a rebuild but clubs very rarely make mass changes.

Seriously!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, KeiranShikari said:

That's the thing though, we don't need a massive rebuild.

Fans always say that their teams need a rebuild but clubs very rarely make mass changes.

Exactly, we finished 6th, and when we had our first team players fit our firm was up near the automatic promotion places. What we need is a couple of fresh faces in the first team and some options coming off the bench.

Decent centre backs, another striker who can score and then a few others sprinkled around who allow the manager to mix things up.

Wagner gets criticised for sticking too rigidly to his preferred system but often when you look at the bench there simply isn’t anybody on there who can change things around.

Evolution, not revolution. The most important thing is keeping the bulk of Gunn, Sara, Sarge, Rowe etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, KeiranShikari said:

I don't see an English top flight team taking Sargent, He's spent a lot of time injured this season and is on a long contract. I don't see a foreign club coming in with an attractive enough offer.

Similar with Rowe although he is of course on a shorter deal. I think we probably keep him and sell next summer if we aren't promoted.

Sara is the only one I'm slightly worried about losing although that is only a slight worry. If he does go it's will be for big money.

Other than that I think the core of the better players (Nunez, McLean, Gunn, Sainz and Stacey) all stay together. 

I only think there will be big changes at CB, I'm sure we're hoping at least one of our youngsters have an impressive pre season. Will obviously need a defensive midfielder and another striker too but I don't think we'll see huge changes to the squad overall.

We had a good young centre back but panic sold him and spent the money on players we did not use. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, percy varco said:

We had a good young centre back but panic sold him and spent the money on players we did not use. 

Omobamidele's form had actually started to decline the longer he played with Hanley and Gibson. Started off promisingly. Rubbish centre backs and no replacements for Tettey and Skipp has been hurting Norwich for a long time now. But Delia and Wynnie just sit there in the stand year after year and do nothing about it. You would think that actively engaged owners would have a word with the SD. But no, they just delegate then abdicate all responsibility. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see Villa stating they will have to sell at least one of their big names by August or face FFP problems, no different anywhere.

Op you told us our players were c*** now you are telling us lots of clubs want to sign them, both statements can’t be correct.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, hogesar said:

I think Sara goes as he's shown he's outgrown the championship and on top of that will likely command the highest fee.

Last week I would have agreed with you on this 100%, but you have to say he was totally anonymous in the two games against Leeds. Obviously teams' scouting is not just based on a couple of games, but it didn't exactly augur well for him making the step up.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Last week I would have agreed with you on this 100%, but you have to say he was totally anonymous in the two games against Leeds. Obviously teams' scouting is not just based on a couple of games, but it didn't exactly augur well for him making the step up.

Yeah, I mean possibly it puts a little doubt in the mind of other recruitment teams because last night he wasn't just anonymous, he was very poor and dispossessed in bad positions.

But his numbers this season are still pretty exceptional.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, hogesar said:

Yeah, I mean possibly it puts a little doubt in the mind of other recruitment teams because last night he wasn't just anonymous, he was very poor and dispossessed in bad positions.

But his numbers this season are still pretty exceptional.

Yeah, exactly. He wouldn't be the first player to be too good for the Championship but not good enough for the Prem. Hell, sometimes it happens to whole clubs 😉 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it will be a very painful summer. We have to sell to cut the wage bill and comply with the financial rules. We have atleast a couple of ageing players on multi year contracts and assuming Sargent does go then we are either starting with Idah or looking for a centre forward.

my one hope is they move quickly, if Wagner is staying then say so, if he isn’t then sack him and move on. Either way we will be needing to somehow increase the squad post exits (sold or out of contract) with little money

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Out of contracts saving in wages will fill some of the drop in income, Idah we'll get a bit for but the deal will likely include a lot of add ons and then selling one of the top players will cover the rest of the lost parachute payment money. We'll probably then have to sell another to give ourselves a budget for a rebuild. The likely two are Sara and Rowe. Sara will be a big miss but we've gotten by without Rowe at times this year and have Kamara to fill that gap and Sainz to be the main man on the wings. 

Nobody will be pocketing any money though and I highly doubt any of the internal debt needs to be paid off yet. We need to do a bit of a rebuild as we need a whole new set of CB's who have a bit of speed and can pass the ball so we can play a more attacking style and a couple of new strikers at a minimum and that's going to cost money. 

As much as I'm annoyed about losing our best players the squad needs reshaping and if selling a couple means we can fix some glaring weaknesses then I'm ok with it. Over to you Knapper. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The team wasnt good enough over the season for a number of reasons.

Poor coaching and match plans especially in away games, defensively still very fragile. Too tentative going foward away from home.

There are some good youngsters to build on and hopefully a new manager with a better style of play.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...