Sign in to follow this  
Samwam27

The experienced players

2 minutes ago, mastoola said:

We dont have any money to replace any players leaving.  To loose all the older members of our squad will lead us to playing only youth players. 

There will be some okay money coming in for Tzolis and Idah as well as a huge amount coming off the wage bill in ending contracts. I think there will be a bit to spend. of course it won't be 5-10m signings but most Champs signings aren't.

Just now, daly said:

Is that why knipper signed Sydney

Sidnei was clearly brought in as as backup and it didn't work out. Of course the other part of that deal was getting Idah out and adding value and form to him which has probably happened. 

1 minute ago, KeiranShikari said:

There will be some okay money coming in for Tzolis and Idah as well as a huge amount coming off the wage bill in ending contracts. I think there will be a bit to spend. of course it won't be 5-10m signings but most Champs signings aren't.

We have now lost prem money. With prem money we have had to sell players just to keep afloat.  There is now way we will have the cash to change the squad. From what i have read Celtic are not going to pay the money that we want for him and the same with Tziolis.

Just now, KeiranShikari said:

Yeah I think the financial doom and gloom is a bit overdone.

Giannoulis, Gibson and Batth all likely on decent wages (not sure about Sorenson). One big sale (lets say Sara for £20m odd) and some OK fees for players who've done well out on loan in Idah and Tzolis should cover any short term black holes and give us some wiggle room. 

I'm also hopeful that some of the gaps can be filled by the younger players we have coming through- Hills and Kamara feel like the most obvious options.

• Like 1

Just now, mastoola said:

We have now lost prem money. With prem money we have had to sell players just to keep afloat.  There is now way we will have the cash to change the squad. From what i have read Celtic are not going to pay the money that we want for him and the same with Tziolis.

I don't think we'll be changing the squad in a massive way. There will probably be big changes at CB with Batth, Gibson and potentially Hanley leaving but other than that it'll probably be small changes.

Financially I also think we'll be doing things a bit differently with the Americans moving forwards.

Here’s my views:

Long - One year left. Very poor but I think we’ll have to keep as backup because I’m not convinced Barden is ready for the Championship. Ditch next summer 

Stacey - Keep. Our best defender IMO

Duffy - Although most will disagree with me, I think he did quite well this season. We need keep some experience as we have several youth team products coming through

Hanley - One year left, high wages and very injury prone. If someone makes an offer accept it, if not keep

Batth - Very injury prone, ditch 

Gibson - Did great in our last promotion but has fallen since although he did have some good spells this season. Only offer a new contract if he accepts lower wages, and not for any longer than 1 + 1

Giannoulis - Debatable. Not too bad, but quite injury prone. Only offer a new contract if on lower wages, but would prefer to see McCallum take over

McLean - Keep. Hand him the captain’s armband too

Fassnacht - Not great but not too bad at this level. Keep

Hernandez - One year left with the option of extension and injury prone. Past it, so if someone makes an offer sell, if not keep

Barnes - One year plus extension left. Tried hard and worked quite well with Sargent this season. Would keep, as if we lose Sargent that leaves us with just Idah

3 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

I don't think we'll be changing the squad in a massive way. There will probably be big changes at CB with Batth, Gibson and potentially Hanley leaving but other than that it'll probably be small changes.

Financially I also think we'll be doing things a bit differently with the Americans moving forwards.

the Americans will not put any money in unless they have full ownership of the club. Why would anyone give money to someone else for free?

6 minutes ago, mastoola said:

the Americans will not put any money in unless they have full ownership of the club. Why would anyone give money to someone else for free?

They've already put in a decent amount.

Whilst they're currently joint shareholders it's safe to say that they are currently running things.

3 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

They've already put in a decent amount.

Whilst they're currently joint shareholders it's safe to say that they are currently running things.

No    they have bought shares at a great price for them.  They have given no money to ncfc.

3 minutes ago, mastoola said:

No    they have bought shares at a great price for them.  They have given no money to ncfc.

I might be misunderstanding but weren't a load of shares created for them to essentially add money to the club's coffers whilst upping their ownership?

1 minute ago, KeiranShikari said:

I might be misunderstanding but weren't a load of shares created for them to essentially add money to the club's coffers whilst upping their ownership?

the shares diluted the value that deliar holds.  where that money goes is anyone's guess.  my thoughts are it goes to being able to hang onto something she cannot afford to hang onto

We need pace power and hunger 

the way leeds only wanted to go forward not interested in going backwards ,

Midfielders turned and ran at us ,

the times Duffy was Running through treacle 

we need a rebuild badly , i think this team is set up for Sarge and though he is wonderful as soon as we are without him we are half a team 

need a style that fits all the squad so we can interchange players and it still works 

i do not mind selling the stars and getting rid of the older heads ,

it is not who we sell after all it is who we replace them with that counts and most important job 

20 minutes ago, mastoola said:

I don't think they will be putting money in even if they had full ownership, unless there was a reasonable guarantee of getting it back.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

What are we trying to do? 

I believe we are trying to play out from the back with ball playing CBs, Duffy is good at playing the ball out, unfortunately mainly to opposition players.................

1 minute ago, Google Bot said:

I don't think they will be putting money in even if they had full ownership, unless there was a reasonable guarantee of getting it back.

the irony of deliars ethos is we have sold out to the corporate world 

37 minutes ago, king canary said:

I quite like Gibson but his wages are supposedly big and we have some talented younger central defenders coming through, along with McLean looking like a better central defender than midfielder in my view.

In an ideal world I'd love to see us playing Hills next to McLean in central defence, with Duffy as a backup.

I agree Hills probably has the best chance of making it. I'm not sure if another manager will see Kenny as a CB though. 

2 minutes ago, skittles said:

Hope Hanley plays better(looking) than your missus next season😂. Don’t judge a player with a potential career ending injury after a rushed back start you weirdo.  

you should be ashamed of that post

6 minutes ago, skittles said:

Hope Hanley plays better(looking) than your missus next season😂. Don’t judge a player with a potential career ending injury after a rushed back start you weirdo.  

Oof, nope. Actually agree with the second sentence but bringing a poster's missus into it is a low one.

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, mastoola said:

you should be ashamed of that 

Edited by skittles

31 minutes ago, king canary said:

Yeah I think the financial doom and gloom is a bit overdone.

Giannoulis, Gibson and Batth all likely on decent wages (not sure about Sorenson). One big sale (lets say Sara for £20m odd) and some OK fees for players who've done well out on loan in Idah and Tzolis should cover any short term black holes and give us some wiggle room. 

I'm also hopeful that some of the gaps can be filled by the younger players we have coming through- Hills and Kamara feel like the most obvious options.

Some players will inevitably leave (is Rowe going into his final year?), but Tzolis being one, is not a great miss from the current squad; nor I suppose is Idah given he’s not currently around (even though he should have been)…but he obviously needs replacement (and not by SVH!).

We do have the likes of Hills, Warner, Tomlinson et al to come back in defence to push for a place; Kamara from a successful stint at Pompey, I’m sure there’s others I’ve forgotten.

There are several ‘unknowns’: just how good Knapper will be at getting his men (SvH for Idah was not the best start), whether it will be with Wagner at the helm and how much/whether there will be any money from the new owner set up.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, skittles said:

Though most were quick to judge Norwich fans after a dirty Leeds twitter post. Deal with it. 

your misses? you weirdo?  you deal with it   so classy 

Edited by mastoola
  • Haha 1

Need to cut our cloth accordingly with dwindling parachute payments. Bye bye Dimi, Gibson, Hanley, Baath, Duffy for me though I can see them keeping one of the CBs (probs Hanley) since they’ll struggle to get someone to take their wages (the ones not out of contract).

McCallum hopefully gets given a modest deal as there’s a competent championship left back in there with good all round attributes. Stacey pretty steady too. Gotta give one of the many youngsters a chance to step up next season. Ronnie Edwards would be a dream signing if we could convince him he won’t get games if he moves straight to the prem.

Realistically, only Barnes has been relatively worthwhile of the “experienced” purchases. If we go with that strategy, it should be more lads in their late 20s rather than in the twighlight of their careers (think more Kenny McLean or Graham Dorrans type signings). Perhaps I’d make an allowance if the likes of Lallana or Milner decided to drop a level for a year but not the entire spine of our side like has been the case far too often this season.

Connor suggested pretty firmly that Gibson, Dimi, McSam and Lungi were likely playing their last game in yellow tonight 

Posted (edited)

The players we have who have failed as premier league players all have to leave.

Barnes, Hanley, Duffy, Gibson, Giannoulis, McLean, Hernandez, Sorenson, Baath.

This would unfortunately break our fragile backbone but it needs to happen for us to build a stronger one.

We must not go down the old route of signing older, past their use by date players!

Edited by 7HAR1980