Sign in to follow this  
Samwam27

The experienced players

Of the older players Wagner brought in to 'give us more experience' this season, would.you rate any of them or ship them all out.

Imo Duffy and Batth havent improved us at all, Foreshaw came and went (says it all). Maybe  Barnes just about.

1 minute ago, Samwam27 said:

Of the older players Wagner brought in to 'give us more experience' this season, would.you rate any of them or ship them all out.

Imo Duffy and Batth havent improved us at all, Foreshaw came and went (says it all). Maybe  Barnes just about.

Barnes is possibly the worst of the lot!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rock bus said:

Barnes is possibly the worst of the lot!

1 minute ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Barnes is the only one who has really contributed positively this season, but if we can find someone to take on his wages, I'd be happy for him to move on.

These two posts don't go together..

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Barnes is the only one who has really contributed positively this season, but if we can find someone to take on his wages, I'd be happy for him to move on.

It’s strange how some can’t see what he brings/ how we miss him when he’s out.  But at his age he’s certainly not for the long-term future.

For all the grief he gets, we have definitely missed Hanley not being fit and firing since his injury. 

Edited by Branston Pickle

5 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Controversially, I think Duffy is decent. Just needs a ball playing partner. I’d keep him. The rest, including Hanley and Gibson all need to leave.

Duffy has no pace and couldn't pass water. He'd be good in a Mick McCarthy team which plays a defensive style with a back four that sits deep, but he's incompatible with what we're trying to do.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Duffy has no pace and couldn't pass water. He'd be good in a Mick McCarthy team which plays a defensive style with a back four that sits deep, but he's incompatible with what we're trying to do.

What are we trying to do? 

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, Samwam27 said:

Foreshaw. #facepalm

If they are not out of contract I'm not sure we can ship them out, unless someone is willing to take them. I would let them all go personally, we haven't demonstrated any of the extra nous and backbone they were likely brought in to provide. Also our team has felt very slow apart from the wingers. 

Just now, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Knapper and Attanasio clearly want a young team which plays on the front foot in a modern style. That's not Duffy.

Why did they keep Wagner then?

9 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I would say overall Gibson is our best CB. 

• Like 1

Just now, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Exactly. They never would've appointed him had they been making that decision.

But it's one of the reasons why he'll surely leave.

They might not have appointed him, but had the easiest decision in the world to sack him. But didn’t. And also didn’t back him.. which looks incredibly poor now.

I like your confidence in a plan. I share none of it with Knapper currently. He’s got a massive job on his hands.. so far he’s failing.

25 minutes ago, Samwam27 said:

None of them worth their wages.

Barnes tries but we need better. The rest, donkeys

2 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I would say overall Gibson is our best CB. 

If true that shows just how bad our defence is. Ironically I'd say our best CB is McLean 🤷‍♂️

Stacey not being mentioned in this thread - he was pretty experienced and has had a good season, by and large.

• Like 2

Judging Batth is just stupid as when given the chance (rare)has never made a big mess up. Don’t understand the hate!

12 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Ship every last one of them out, all of them

What if Knapper signs 11 Sydneys though..

They have their uses but using them as front-line options says something about the rest of the team. Barnes could be valuable to Burnley because he could slot into a very good, functional team. Not an absolutely key cog on which performances rely.

Think Gary O'Neil sort of input. I'd say our biggest problem now is too many players that only look good when the going is good. Not many who can wrench control of a game and turn it in our favour- even as good as Sara is, he doesn't have that either.

Quite happy for Barnes to stay and play a part. Not particularly happy if it's still as a starting XI necessity.

We dont have any money to replace any players leaving.  To loose all the older members of our squad will lead us to playing only youth players. 

Barnes can stay but playing diminishing roles as he goes. Other than that the rest of the coffin dodgers can go. 

3 minutes ago, hogesar said:

What if Knapper signs 11 Sydneys though..

At least they'll be cheaper 😉.

When I said 'ship them all out' I meant the old boy brigade the OP was referring to just for clarity and not literally the whole squad.

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Knapper and Attanasio clearly want a young team which plays on the front foot in a modern style. That's not Duffy.

Is that why knipper signed Sydney

Edited by daly

I quite like Gibson but his wages are supposedly big and we have some talented younger central defenders coming through, along with McLean looking like a better central defender than midfielder in my view.

In an ideal world I'd love to see us playing Hills next to McLean in central defence, with Duffy as a backup.