KiwiScot

****Official Lappitup Match Thread - Leeds v Norwich****

Come on, another half to go. Couple of quick goals and they’ll crumble. I’ve got a quid on you guys to go up. 

This group has shown itself to be mentally weak when under pressure so many times. We need a clear out in the summer - and a new manager and approach. We certainly won’t need a manager who refuses to play youth next year - because we won’t have a pot to pee in 

• Like 3

Just now, Pyro Pete said:

And yet Sargent missed a golden opportunity to get us back in the game.

All he had to do was pass it to Rowe and it would have been a goal.

Of all the days for him to be selfish.

Pace power and desire 

we have to refresh younger more powerful players with pace 

we pass back Leeds push forward with drive 

5 minutes ago, The Bristol Nest said:

Watching this I am confident that we will not be inundated with offers for our "stars".

Several are seriously overrated on here, I think.

1 minute ago, Petriix said:

I think that's the one silver lining from this sad capitulation. There's no way Wagner can stay on after this. First and foremost we need a coach who can set the team up in a coherent structure. Then we can think about the players we have to sell... 

Agree with this too. It's kind of like the reverse of the Brentford game. The camera is going to cut to Knapper in the stands looking oddly thrilled.

I get that we’re seeing the PL rapidly disappear out of sight, but I don’t get the utter despair on here. This match looks like what it is. 6th place with 73 points against 3rd with 90. A Norwich team with veteran Championship players against a team that's half Premier League. A coach who has had two storming promotions from the Championship against one who scraped one on 0-0 draws and penalties.

We did well to get 6th given where we were in November but we were always punching way above our weight hoping to reach the PL. Who realistically expected anything else?

On the positive side, no-one’s going to be buying Rowe based on tonight. Or anyone else.

• Like 3

Just now, Petriix said:

There's no way Wagner can stay on after this. 

So you've already discounted a miracle second half comeback?

• Haha 1

Just now, Pyro Pete said:

And yet Sargent missed a golden opportunity to get us back in the game.

Him missing is less predictable than Wagner picking some dull ineffective sit back tactics 

Our away form has been horrendous all season.

We knew this would happen in the play-offs, away from Carrow Road.

I truly believed that we would come out and give 110% but this lot has shown me nothing, the biggest game of the season and we are a no show DISGRACE 

Just now, ricardo said:

So you've already discounted a miracle second half comeback?

About as likely as an SVH hat trick 

1 minute ago, ged in the onion bag said:

Absolutely shocked that people are surprised with this.    

Or, worse, even willing to defend the manager over it. That’ll follow 

1 minute ago, S_81 said:

Him missing is less predictable than Wagner picking some dull ineffective sit back tactics 

True.

1 minute ago, Pyro Pete said:

Our away form has been horrendous all season.

We knew this would happen in the play-offs, away from Carrow Road.

Then why did I get slagged off when I was sarcasticly saying how a 0-0 at home was a Wagner masterclass?

That 3rd goal: literally an assist by Duffy, and Giannoulis leaving his man, which is the reason that McCallum should be playing ahead of him. We are nowhere near fit for the premier league. 

3 minutes ago, aBee said:

Come on, another half to go. Couple of quick goals and they’ll crumble. I’ve got a quid on you guys to go up. 

That's the spirit. Better off giving it to charity but hey ho

• Like 1

The goals all dreadful. Suckered into the first one. Terrible between Gunn & (Duffy?) for the second. Duffy toe pokes along the line straight to their player for the third.

Rowe awful. Sara anonymous. Nacho, Barnes & Dimi giving it a go.

We're just not up to it frankly.

Something big's got to happen in the summer.

Half the team are not fit ,probably playing at 80 to 85% fitness levels. But because of our hopless recruitment especially the January window ,we have had to keep playing the same players as our squad is shi@e with the worst bench i have seen for many a season.

• Thanks 1

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

Then why did I get slagged off when I was sarcasticly saying how a 0-0 at home was a Wagner masterclass?

Because no one likes you😉

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Who realistically expected anything else?

I expected us not to wilt so pathetically tonight. Agree with the rest and think Leeds have been superb. But the despair is pretty justified, I'd say.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Yeah, this. Leeds have been great, to be fair. But we've just completely gone missing. Not sure anyone has risen to the occasion.

I don't even think Leeds have been that good to be honest, certainly nothing like their fluent attacking of earlier in the season. They've just taken advantage of some utterly incoherent team structure, inability to transition into defence, and knackered, gutless players not knowing what each other are doing and not communicating. Oh, and a goalkeeper who seems to have sh!t his pants.

1 minute ago, Nuff Said said:

I get that we’re seeing the PL rapidly disappear out of sight, but I don’t get the utter despair on here. This match looks like what it is. 6th place with 73 points against 3rd with 90. A Norwich team with veteran Championship players against a team that's half Premier League. A coach who has had two storming promotions from the Championship against one who scraped one on 0-0 draws and penalties.

We did well to get 6th given where we were in November but we were always punching way above our weight hoping to reach the PL. Who realistically expected anything else?

On the positive side, no-one’s going to be buying Rowe based on tonight. Or anyone else.

For me my ire comes down to us knowing this is a do-or-die game and we've come out sleepwalking. Leeds are a good side but not 3-0 at HT good.

Yes, it was an achievement to get here, but it doesn't excuse a monumental let down in effort and application at this finish line.

Was expecting Leeds to have a real go at us tonight, wasn't expecting a total collapse from the whistle. To be fair Leeds are on it tonight, but boy are making it easy for them. Hate to think how many more they'll get.

Am sure none of Barnes, Sargent or Rowe are 100% fit.

Manager and some players to move on for sure. But we do need to look at the fact that we have 0 options to come into the side. Scouts have a lot of work to do

2 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Indeed - Leeds ought to have finished in the top 2 with plenty to spare, and but for their stumble they would have.

We had to put in a performance akin to vs the binners to have a chance, and have been found well short. 

6 minutes ago, S_81 said:

Let’s be honest. Sargent got this team into the play offs. Not Wagner. Wagner is tactically substandard. I’d happily go pick him up on my back from Leeds now and carry him back to Carrow Road to pick up his P45. 

Its a mix of Wagner being limited tactically and Webber putting together a right weird squad full of misfits.

Webber's gone, may as well wipe the slate clean by letting Wagner go with him.

I think Knapper has had designs on getting his own man in and having a rebuild from the start anyway, he'll never get any credit for doing a good job as a Sporting Director by sticking by his predecessors manager and squad, he'll want to step out of the shadows.

Knapper will step up this summer.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, S_81 said:

Let’s be honest. Sargent got this team into the play offs. Not Wagner. Wagner is tactically substandard. I’d happily go pick him up on my back from Leeds now and carry him back to Carrow Road to pick up his P45. 

Tbh Wagner deserves credit getting anything from this depleted squad. Is he going to be a manager that is progressive and sees us into the future - no.