Sign in to follow this  
JonnyJonnyRowe

If you don't want your ticket

Then please make sure you sell or give it away to somebody who does. Make sure its a Norwich fan obviously.

The last thing the team need is loads of empty seats tomorrow night in the away end.

I've seen numerous posts from people saying that they no longer want to go, and zero posts offering the ticket out on here or on facebook at face value. Leaving an empty seat is selfish, remember that you got that ticket over another Norwich fan who tried to buy it but failed.

• Like 2

Holy crap there are some Jessies out there - they shouldn’t have got a ticket in the first place if they now won’t go, it was hardly going to be all nicey-nicey however it turned out. Imo there’s only trouble if you go looking for it, pretty much as usual.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Branston Pickle said:

Holy crap there are some Jessies out there - they shouldn’t have got a ticket in the first place if they now won’t go, it was hardly going to be all nicey-nicey however it turned out. Imo there’s only trouble if you go looking for it, pretty much as usual.

Exactly, Leeds always been fiery place to go, always been a risk that you are in the wrong place at the wrong time, same with most of the Northern sides really. If you are scared of the possibility of a bit of rowdiness then don't ever go to Leeds away, simple.

If Leeds do win then I doubt there will be much trouble, they'll all be on the pitch.

16 minutes ago, Satriales said:

If Leeds do win then I doubt there will be much trouble, they'll all be on the pitch.

And we don't have the lower tier do we, so perfect opportunity for Norwich fans to quickly leave and get back on their coaches

1 minute ago, JonnyJonnyRowe said:

And we don't have the lower tier do we, so perfect opportunity for Norwich fans to quickly leave and get back on their coaches

And if we win, I guess they will hold our fans back for a while to let the Leeds fans disperse.

1 minute ago, Satriales said:

And if we win, I guess they will hold our fans back for a while to let the Leeds fans disperse.

And if they don't disperse we'll quickly realise that they are mostly a bunch of 16 year olds in fake Stone Island who heard about the Leeds Service Crew from their grandads and won't do anything but chant and throw a a few empty coke bottles.

1 hour ago, JonnyJonnyRowe said:

And we don't have the lower tier do we,

I thought we had, and if so we get the Howard Bar and effectively a whole segment of the ground to ourselves away from their supporters.

If we don't, this is bad for two reasons.

1. we are only taking 1,600 supporters (which is poor from the club given the stature of the game).

2. Their supporters can drink in the Howard bar below the away end, thus have to queue for security in the same queues as Norwich fans before the match and have easy access to our fans as they leave after. The security queue before the match tends to spill onto the main road and is not easy to control. 

Because of those points, respectfully, you are wrong JJR - we have the lower tier.

3 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

I thought we had, and if so we get the Howard Bar and effectively a whole segment of the ground to ourselves away from their supporters.

If we don't, this is bad for two reasons.

1. we are only taking 1,600 supporters (which is poor from the club given the stature of the game).

2. Their supporters can drink in the Howard bar below the away end, thus have to queue for security in the same queues as Norwich fans before the match and have easy access to our fans as they leave after. The security queue before the match tends to spill onto the main road and is not easy to control. 

Because of those points, respectfully, you are wrong JJR - we have the lower tier.

Ah fair enough, I saw a Leeds fan say that we didn't, however we now all know that some Leeds fans LIE

1 minute ago, JonnyJonnyRowe said:

Ah fair enough, I saw a Leeds fan say that we didn't, however we now all know that some Leeds fans LIE

It's probably because the league match was on a Wednesday and we didn't even sell out the upper tier. It was pointed out to us that night by the Leeds fans (in song) how poor a turnout we had for "such a big club". Indeed several thanked us on the way in for allowing them to drink in the Howard bar before the match! I suspect this Leeds fan just thought it would be same again, not realising the stakes have raised considerably since then.

Perhaps Delia has arranged for a special stand to be constructed at Elland Road tomorrow night to facilitate all present Canary fans to enjoy the same luxury as herself?

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, JonnyJonnyRowe said:

Leeds always been fiery place to go

You’re not wrong. 

I live there and used to work in the shadow of Elland Road. There was a pub nearby that I’d go in after work pretty much 3-4 times a week. Landlord knew me as a regular - although I never made it known I was a Norwich fan. 

Few years ago, we played there on an evening - the one where Beckford scored last minute after a keeper howler. 

I went to the pub after to commiserate - wearing no colours. Spent at least an hour chatting with some Leeds fans whilst sat at the bar. As the beer flowed I let slip I was a City fan. One of the guys I’d been happily chatting to asked if it was Bradford, I said no - Norwich. 
Literally turned in a second - he launched off his barstool and tried to head butt me. I saw it coming, backed away so the head butt missed, dropped my pint and gave him a dig. The rest of the guys I’d been speaking to “advised” me to leave asap whist holding him back. 

The landlord just stood by and watched. Suffice to say, I never went there since

Edited by Leedscanary
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, JonnyJonnyRowe said:

Then please make sure you sell or give it away to somebody who does. Make sure its a Norwich fan obviously.

The last thing the team need is loads of empty seats tomorrow night in the away end.

I've seen numerous posts from people saying that they no longer want to go, and zero posts offering the ticket out on here or on facebook at face value. Leaving an empty seat is selfish, remember that you got that ticket over another Norwich fan who tried to buy it but failed.

And how many seats have been empty at matches at Carrow Road this season?

Are all those nonattending season-ticket holders selfish as well?

What a state of affairs over a football match

Wonder how these yobs would have dealt with the Air Raid Warnings going off and diving into the shelters and not knowing if you’re going to be safe or coming out which thousands didn’t 

4 hours ago, JonnyJonnyRowe said:

How many of the posts on people not wanting to go were instigated by you? It seems to be something of an obsession with you.

1 hour ago, essex canary said:

Perhaps Delia has arranged for a special stand to be constructed at Elland Road tomorrow night to facilitate all present Canary fans to enjoy the same luxury as herself?

Surely you’ll be watching a (free) women’s match at Cambridge.

1 hour ago, essex canary said:

What do you have against women, and particularly women in power?

First it was Zoe, now Delia. Surely MWJs enjoys the same, as you put it, luxury as Delia? But you didn't mention him. 

Pathetic 

36 minutes ago, Pyro Pete said:

And how many seats have been empty at matches at Carrow Road this season?

Are all those nonattending season-ticket holders selfish as well?

Not been difficult to get a casual ticket this season though has it.

4 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

What do you have against women, and particularly women in power?

First it was Zoe, now Delia. Surely MWJs enjoys the same, as you put it, luxury as Delia? But you didn't mention him. 

Pathetic 

That would be the same Michael who promised the very best for fans and family involvement in the 1998 Annual Report.

10 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

How many of the posts on people not wanting to go were instigated by you? It seems to be something of an obsession with you.

None? 

When we've got the City Elite telling people not to go, what can little old me do?

2 minutes ago, JonnyJonnyRowe said:

None? 

When we've got the City Elite telling people not to go, what can little old me do?

Gee they are so elitist.

10 minutes ago, essex canary said:

That would be the same Michael who promised the very best for fans and family involvement in the 1998 Annual Report.

Another pathetic swerve.

My son wasn't born then, but shortly thereafter, and we have enjoyed matches home and away together,  a Wembley win, promotions, titles and relegation. Free coach travel to Swansea, reduced (kids a quid) tickets etc. 

He will be at ER tomorrow night (he's group 1 and an away member) so we have had the family involvement over that time MWJs offered. 

So why wasn't he mentioned in your original post, or is it only wealthy/ well paid women you resent?  

723896_1696872463.jpg?v=0 

Landing at Leeds in 25 mins...Play your hearts out Lads!....Wembley's just one game away!.....

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Greavsy said:

Another pathetic swerve.

My son wasn't born then, but shortly thereafter, and we have enjoyed matches home and away together,  a Wembley win, promotions, titles and relegation. Free coach travel to Swansea, reduced (kids a quid) tickets etc. 

He will be at ER tomorrow night (he's group 1 and an away member) so we have had the family involvement over that time MWJs offered. 

So why wasn't he mentioned in your original post, or is it only wealthy/ well paid women you resent?  

Someone like your son could live in London and have been to every game South of Leicester this season and none in Norwich or the North. How does it make sense for such a person to get access to a play-off game in Leeds ahead of anyone who had attended twice as many games in Norwich. Maybe you are an example of the latter person but can't go together. Bonkers.

Most of the 92 Clubs still maintain the primacy of Season Tickets. This essentially includes our 3 play-off rivals who whilst they do have away members schemes of sorts are not seeking to require their season ticket holders to make extra contributions and have made only very modest concessions (in one case not any) to away only supporters in the play-off situation.

Edited by essex canary

7 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Someone like your son could live in London and have been to every game South of Leicester this season and none in Norwich or the North. How does it make sense for such a person to get access to a play-off game in Leeds ahead of anyone who had attended twice as many games in Norwich. Maybe you are an example of the latter person but can't go together. Bonkers.

Most of the 92 Clubs still maintain the primacy of Season Tickets. This essentially includes our 3 play-off rivals who whilst they do have away members schemes of sorts are not seeking to require their season ticket holders to make extra contributions and have made only very modest concessions (in one case not any) to away only supporters in the play-off situation.

And why are you continually criticising wealthy / high paid women at NCFC as per my original question? 

7 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Ever considered switching from Essex to Yorkshire? You'd fit right in. Moan moan moan

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

And why are you continually criticising wealthy / high paid women at NCFC as per my original question? 

Nobody should be high earning on account of charging the customer unfairly when their duties should reasonably include charging the customer fairly.

And again. Why are you only criticising the wealthy / well paid females. That's my point that you continually dodge.

It's not a hard question.. 

£90 a match to travel to Norwich, £80 petrol, £10 parking x 25 games = £2250 per season ( approx )

Away membership = £25 per season ( around 1% of my cost per season to Norwich.

Away membership seems pretty good value to me.

Our youngest son who is nearly 20 gets free home membership with his season ticket, which seems even better value.. I think he also gets some special deal on away membership.

Why would you not pay £25 especially if you only want to go when the games get big. In addition if you go to a number of games away it adds a small proportion to the overall cost.

Are we really saying Leeds had 28,000 people clambering for 1600 tickets at Norwich, I think somebodies making up some more fairy tales.