Sign in to follow this  
TheBaldOne66

So, how are we all feeling about today?

I’ll be following from afar as always, here in Oman, can’t watch game as nowhere showing it here! They don’t even know the Championship exists 🤣🤣🤣

I will be following on the pink Un feed as always, a little bit nervous but if we can get a draw at least, I think we can go through! OTBC! 

Enjoy the game those who are lucky enough to be there 

I’m feeling good, suns shining which helps!

I’m getting to Norwich early for a Bills breakfast so I’m actually going rogue today & not going to the normal £5 carpark. I’m going to get someone’s free space before they arrive, which I’m quite excited about. I’m going 1-0, Sainz goal, Gunn MOTM. 

Always tricky 2 legged games and then a final. Nothing will be decided today and I was more up for the Binners!

Will be down the pub as always, stagger down the ground and be in my seat 5 mins before kickoff.

Hopefully our players don't follow the same regime!

• Haha 1

Full home made English washed down with a mug o' tea....Then off for a brisk stroll with Dog Star (He's a quite Sirius lookin' canine and is a star)....Then it'll be a shower an' shave (for me not Sirius).... Then I'll stroll down to Carra for the game....Pub for a few sherbetz afterwards....I'm feeling quietly confident and really looking forward to the game which hopefully is a good competitive match and a substantial Yellow's victory to take to hell and road on Thor's Day....

Oh and today's weather is looking rather lovely....Everyone, enjoy your Day....

Normally, I feel quite confident before a game but today I am a bit nervous.

I am sure that will improve when I am in the City. 

OTBC 

• Like 1

Not feeling as enthusiastic for this fixture as I should. Probably because I believe that we do not deserve to be in the playoffs and that we do not have the quality to compete against an on form Leeds. I guess that our progress to Wembley will rest on how motivated the NCFC squad are for this game. At home, against a Leeds side who have lost 4 of their last 6, with a chance of promotion and all the financial benefits that will bring, then the squad should really be up for this contest. However, turkeys don’t vote for Christmas; how many of this squad see themselves selected for a Premiership game and so how many will really be trying to get promoted knowing it will probably be the end of their career. Prime example is Duffy, at 32, who must realise that he is done here if we are promoted but who would probably still make a Championship side. How many of our squad will really be up for this game?

5 minutes ago, kenfoggo said:

Not feeling as enthusiastic for this fixture as I should. Probably because I believe that we do not deserve to be in the playoffs and that we do not have the quality to compete against an on form Leeds. I guess that our progress to Wembley will rest on how motivated the NCFC squad are for this game. At home, against a Leeds side who have lost 4 of their last 6, with a chance of promotion and all the financial benefits that will bring, then the squad should really be up for this contest. However, turkeys don’t vote for Christmas; how many of this squad see themselves selected for a Premiership game and so how many will really be trying to get promoted knowing it will probably be the end of their career. Prime example is Duffy, at 32, who must realise that he is done here if we are promoted but who would probably still make a Championship side. How many of our squad will really be up for this game?

Can't wait for the game and I'm sure that our players will be the same.  I take your point about some of our players appreciating their position should we be promoted, but many in that camp will see this as a last chance of glory.  They will want promotion on their CV and the memories that victory will bring. Players and fans play to win and the sheer joy that this brings.  I desperately hope that players and fans are as pumped as we were for the binners and that we take it to Leeds.

4 minutes ago, kenfoggo said:

Probably because I believe that we do not deserve to be in the playoffs

Which of the teams who got fewer points than us over a 46-game season deserves it more?

8 minutes ago, kenfoggo said:

However, turkeys don’t vote for Christmas; how many of this squad see themselves selected for a Premiership game and so how many will really be trying to get promoted knowing it will probably be the end of their career. Prime example is Duffy, at 32, who must realise that he is done here if we are promoted but who would probably still make a Championship side. How many of our squad will really be up for this game?

Really don't think this makes any sense. All of them will have the careers enhanced by being part of a promotion winning squad, even if it means them leaving the club as a result. The idea they won't be motivated is just absurd. They've been very good and very bad this season, but there's been no sense all year that they haven't been motivated.

Sorry to pick on you, but I'm just sick of the negativity swirling around this game. Yeah, Leeds might well end up being too good for us - so they should, with the squad they have. But this is a huge game, and a huge opportunity. The players will be well up for it - and so should we. OTFBC.

• Like 1

Sorry that you feel my opinion is “just absurd “. We will see how motivated this side are at 12:00 today. 

Posted (edited)

I've had a lie in (from a normal 4am start) 2 coffees, Greggs breakfast, a quick gym session. Next is my local for a pint and a bacon sandwich. I'm well up for it. I can't wait now!!

I still can't call it. I'm going for goals. Maybe 2-2 

Edited by The Raptor
Chase

19 minutes ago, kenfoggo said:

The only league table across the season that doesn't lie is the final one, when everyone has played everyone home and away. 

We were sixth in that table. Ergo, we deserve to be in the play offs. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kenfoggo said:

Well if we not up for this game then we may as well throw in the towel - surely games like this is what every player thrives on - how many championship clubs wish they were playing today 

Ready for what's likely yo be a close battle.  Fingers crossed for a narrow lead and channelling neverluesen

Got a bad feeling we're going to lose 0-2 and the tie will be over before we reach Elland Road. Hope I'm wrong obvs.

2 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

Always tricky 2 legged games and then a final. Nothing will be decided today and I was more up for the Binners!

Will be down the pub as always, stagger down the ground and be in my seat 5 mins before kickoff.

Hopefully our players don't follow the same regime!

If you see Duffy in there give Wagner a ring to come and drag him away