3 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Nah. The judges marked it down enough to avoid that. They did well enough for it to be a big middle finger to the protesters though. Suck on that, Greta.

If it was just us and Israel entering neither would win. 

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

And if my grandmother had wheels she would be a bike

You need to get some rest CC, busy day on here tomorrow. 

4 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

If it was just us and Israel entering neither would win. 

Are you high? It was the biggest public vote of the lot.

Really shows that the anti Israeli crowd had no business trying to ostracise Israel in the first place, bunch of gobsh1tes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Really shows that the anti Israeli crowd had no business trying to ostracise Israel in the first place, bunch of gobsh1tes.

Mind there wasn't a vote against Israel option so while supporters can vote for them, the opposite is not true.

3 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Don’t take it too seriously! 

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, KiwiScot said:

Mind there wasn't a vote against Israel option so while supporters can vote for them, the opposite is not true.

That's true. I bet Greta, Owen, Gary, and Craig Murray will be having a big cry tonight about that.

Edited by littleyellowbirdie

Just now, littleyellowbirdie said:

That's true. I bet Greta, Owen, Gary, and Douglas Murray will be having a big cry tonight about that.

Wonder what green and feminist policies Hamas and the Palestinian people support that makes Greata back them?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Wonder what green and feminist policies Hamas and the Palestinian people support that makes Greata back them?

Hamas impaling and decapitating their victims with blades on October 7th was very environmentally friendly.

Honestly though, for my tastes the Irish entry was my favourite song.

18 minutes ago, KiwiScot said:

There was it was the U.K. 

6 hours ago, KiwiScot said:

Bearing in mind there are over 1m Jews in Europe it's hardly surprising that Israel did well in the public vote. 

Well amongst a lot of rubbish songs a rubbish song won. But we watch every year

1 hour ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Bearing in mind there are over 1m Jews in Europe it's hardly surprising that Israel did well in the public vote. 

You trotted out that little fact yesterday.  Bearing in mind 1m out of 746m equates to 0.13%, what point are you trying to make, particularly when you take into account there are 44m Muslims, and that number doesn’t even include Turkey?

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, Naturalcynic said:

You trotted out that little fact yesterday.  Bearing in mind 1m out of 746m equates to 0.13%, what point are you trying to make, particularly when you take into account there are 44m Muslims, and that number doesn’t even include Turkey?

It's pretty obvious isn't it? The Eurovision protests against Israel have been headline news around Europe and a million people were given the opportunity to show their support. The bookmakers knew it was going to happen, hence the short odds for a very ordinary song. 

The number of Muslims in Europe is totally irrelevant. It wasn't possible for them to vote against Israel. 

It does seem a shame that religious hatred has spoilt a perfectly harmless song competition. 

Edited by dylanisabaddog
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

The number of Muslims in Europe is totally irrelevant. It wasn't possible for them to vote against Israel. 

Damn right it wasn't, and seeing as voting against people has never been part of the song contest there's no reason for you saddos who wanted to ostracise Israel to get the opportunity.

The fact is Gary, Owen, Greta and friends tried to bully them out of the competition and got a well-deserved backlash in the voting as a result. I rang up and voted for Israel; I've never voted in the Eurovision song contest before.

In a way, I guess we can thank these idiots and their stupid resource-wasting demonstrations for giving us an opportunity to show that the antis don't speak for Europe.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

It does seem a shame that religious hatred has spoilt a perfectly harmless song competition

Blooming heck; finally an admission that religious hatred is behind the hatred of Israel.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Blooming heck; finally an admission that religious hatred is behind the hatred of Israel.

Nice twisting there birdy. 

I suppose all the the Israeli settlers are a shining example of religious tolerance, spreading their word with kindness and an open hand, passing fluffy unicorns to the children with the other, whilst a portly and jolly police chief looks on, chortling and sharing his Haribo?

• Haha 1

Also, getting back to the thread subject, none of the songs were worthy of a vote in my opinion, they were all very meh.

5 hours ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Damn right it wasn't, and seeing as voting against people has never been part of the song contest there's no reason for you saddos who wanted to ostracise Israel to get the opportunity.

The fact is Gary, Owen, Greta and friends tried to bully them out of the competition and got a well-deserved backlash in the voting as a result. I rang up and voted for Israel; I've never voted in the Eurovision song contest before.

In a way, I guess we can thank these idiots and their stupid resource-wasting demonstrations for giving us an opportunity to show that the antis don't speak for Europe.

Only voted once! 

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, Daz Sparks said:

Nice twisting there birdy. 

I suppose all the the Israeli settlers are a shining example of religious tolerance, spreading their word with kindness and an open hand, passing fluffy unicorns to the children with the other, whilst a portly and jolly police chief looks on, chortling and sharing his Haribo?

I don't know about a 'shining example', but it's definitely better than most in the region in terms of religious tolerance when compared to Iran or Pakistan who nobody seems that interested in ranting at random Muslims on the street about in contrast to the way Jews around the world get it in the neck about Israel. For example, if you were to compare the rights of Arab citizens of Israel to those of Jewish citizens of Iran, you'll find it's much more egalitarian.

In fact, one could ask why I've never heard Iran or Pakistan referred to as an 'apartheid state'. Why is that, Daz?

26 minutes ago, Daz Sparks said:

Also, getting back to the thread subject, none of the songs were worthy of a vote in my opinion, they were all very meh.

Ohhhh, suddenly everyone wants to take politics out of it again. How funny.

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Ohhhh, suddenly everyone wants to take politics out of it again. How funny.

Nice twisting birdy.

Most of the politics was put in the thread by you. 

Edited by Daz Sparks

Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, Daz Sparks said:

Nice twisting birdy.

Most of the politics was put in the thread by you. 

I didn't put the politics in this year's Eurovision song contest. That was put there by people who share your sentiments about Israel.

Also note that DIABD's first post talked about the protests about Israel's involvement before it talked about the music, so let's not kid ourselves what the interest was here. But nice twisting there, Dazzie.

I've just been listening to the Eurovision songs without the distraction of the videos.

The Irish one, by Bambi Thug is a favourite and also very MUSE like. Bonus 😁 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As the U.K. are probably now Israel’s biggest supporters it is very strange that they couldn’t spare us a few votes.

Posted (edited)

I've just been reading a post on Facebook encouraging people to complain to Ofcom about Eurovision. Apparently the UK entry in particular breached the rules on sexual content as regards pre watershed programmes or programmes that straddle the watershed. 

The person concerned was watching with children aged 8 and 10 and isn't happy. 

https://www.bbc.com/editorialguidelines/guidelines/harm-and-offence/guidelines

I watched with two boys of the same ages. They didn't say anything about the sexual content but the youngest one asked me to fast forward the UK entry as it was rubbish. He was baffled to be told he was watching a live programme 😂

Edited by dylanisabaddog
  • Haha 1

First time of watching for some time (there are always news snippets though) and managed to get as far as the UK entry, for the sake of interest.

The constant screaming, cheering and over-hyping from the audience, the flashing lights.... if I haven't suffered from migraine before I well might in the future made me glad to switch the whole sh-te show off.

All the songs, such as they were, sounded the same to me, but perhaps that's a generation thing.

The UK entry was lurid. Set in a public toilet, was it meant to be a condonement of cottaging, by an "artist" who couldn't even sing.

This was far from the family entertainment it once was.

Why does it remain so popular?

• Like 3