Sign in to follow this  
DumbleDelia is Magic

Segregating Norwich fans from, er, Norwich fans!

I sat in the home end yesterday and although I had a wonderful day (see watford celebrations thread!) I couldn''t really understand the segregation yesterday. Obviously we had the Vicarage Road End packed out. However, on the end of the Rous Stand (nearest away support) there was a block of a few hundred seats which segragated fans. But on the other side of it there were a 100 or so Norwich fans! If this was going to happen couldn''t Watford have given us a couple of hundred seats in the Rous Stand? I''m not begrudging Watford''s decision because I had a fab day but it just seemed a bit strange.

DD, you and those fans made the day for me, i knew of a few who had travelled and gone in the home areas, something i have done myself in the past, but it is real agony!!

as the match went on, city fans started to identify themselves and the sight of them standing cheering in rapidly emptying home areas really summed up what lengthes some of us will go to to see our wonderful team play

it was an amazing day, and i can only just imagine how good the preston home game is going to be, cannot wait!!!

I went to Wimbledon and sat with the home fans, we also were surrounded by City fans, but although we cheered and clapped there was no chanting, because we didn''t want to be thrown out. So seeing all our fans in the watford section, who were prepared to take this risk and make themselves really conspicuous, they deserve our applause, good on you. Good on the stewards as well who could see that there was no problem and left them to sing their hearts out.