Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man

*** Official Summer 2024 Transfer Rumour Thread ***

5 hours ago, canarydan23 said:

There's a lot of doom and gloom, but there has never been a season when we have sold more than a couple of our superstars, this summer won't be any different. There is no scenario where Sargent, Rowe, Sara and Nunez all leave the club. At least two of them will be lining up for us in September.

There is a scenario, if bonkers ridiculous offers comes in for all of them. We are a selling club and every player has a price. 

• Like 1

Newsnow (a news aggregator) popped up with a link to a Pink Un article called "sliding doors moment for Christian Fassnacht" - but when you click it seems the pink un have removed it.

How many of you think he's going to still be here next season? 

1 hour ago, Soldier on said:

Latest Paddy Davitt piece (and he seems to have a line through to knapper ) certainly hinting at sales this window. Sounds like Nunez one they are willing to lose ?

I doubt there is any player they are not willing to sell if the offer is right. I like Nunez, but I can see why they might feel they can get a good price for him given he has a bit of international kudos. 

27 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Newsnow (a news aggregator) popped up with a link to a Pink Un article called "sliding doors moment for Christian Fassnacht" - but when you click it seems the pink un have removed it.

How many of you think he's going to still be here next season? 

Guess that will be part of their 'report card' series of every player which they are releasing one a day. Fassnacht has said he wants to stay and can see any market outside of Switzerland is likely to be limited. He seems an intelligent player and not a trouble maker, so can see he is one pretty much any Head Coach is happy to work with. 

Thorup used his wide players as goal scorers at Nordsjaelland, and Fassnacht is very good at getting in at the back post. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

There is a scenario, if bonkers ridiculous offers comes in for all of them. We are a selling club and every player has a price. 

And once we've sold one or two, the amounts for the third would have to be absolutely bonkers as we wouldn't need to sell.

15 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

I doubt there is any player they are not willing to sell if the offer is right. I like Nunez, but I can see why they might feel they can get a good price for him given he has a bit of international kudos. 

Out of all the "star" players we have much as I love Nunez I do feel he is one I would not be too upset if we sell. He may have some moments of stardom but all in all he's not quite hit the highes he did just after he first joined.

13 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

And once we've sold one or two, the amounts for the third would have to be absolutely bonkers as we wouldn't need to sell.

Absolutely - but if someone comes in with £30m for any of our player, they're going to move on no matter who else has been sold. 

People always talk about "selling clubs", but let's be honest every club in the world bar Real Madrid is one

• Like 3

Said before and will say it again, Fassnacht looks like he could be a classic Vrancic/Stiepermann/Rupp case in that he really comes good in the second season.

He's a tidy enough player with good workrate, just lacks a couple of yards of pace.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

What's the point of selling Nunez? We looked much better when he played last season because he is the kind of hard-working player who knits everything together. We wouldn't get that much for him, so we would probably still have to sell two of our 'crown jewels', and we would have to replace him with someone who can do what he does, eating into any profit his sale brings.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, canarybubbles said:

What's the point of selling Nunez? We looked much better when he played last season because he is the kind of hard-working player who knits everything together. We wouldn't get that much for him, so we would probably still have to sell two of our 'crown jewels', and we would have to replace him with someone who can do what he does, eating into any profit his sale brings.

The point would be money. If Norwich are going for a ‘player trading model’ then they will have to be open to selling any player, as long as the price is right. 

Nunez’s potential value might be higher due to playing for a relatively high profile international team. If he has a good Copa America then his value may peak and it would be the opportune moment to sell. I like Nunez, but I don’t think he would be the hardest player in the squad to replace. 

If Norwich could get £10m(ish) for him, then along with Idah and Tzolis money the need to sell more than one of the ‘crown jewels’ diminishes. Norwich can’t pick which of their players to sell, there needs to be interested clubs, so any interest in any player has to be considered seriously. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

The point would be money. If Norwich are going for a ‘player trading model’ then they will have to be open to selling any player, as long as the price is right. 

Nunez’s potential value might be higher due to playing for a relatively high profile international team. If he has a good Copa America then his value may peak and it would be the opportune moment to sell. I like Nunez, but I don’t think he would be the hardest player in the squad to replace. 

If Norwich could get £10m(ish) for him, then along with Idah and Tzolis money the need to sell more than one of the ‘crown jewels’ diminishes. Norwich can’t pick which of their players to sell, there needs to be interested clubs, so any interest in any player has to be considered seriously. 

I think Nunez would be incredibly hard to replace. It amazes me how often his contributions are overlooked. The midfield was a shadow without him last season. In fact he's the player one should build a midfield around. I'd rather realise the capital from Sara and Rowe who's sales must be pretty much nailed on.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Every one of our players are available to sign if the price is right.  Under £5m is simply not the right price for an international who added some much needed steel to our cm.  However he, like pretty much our whole squad, he is not irreplaceable.

I also see the star have suggested we are looking for £8m for idah suggesting celtic can get a deal done.

Edited by ZLF

10 hours ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Guess that will be part of their 'report card' series of every player which they are releasing one a day. Fassnacht has said he wants to stay and can see any market outside of Switzerland is likely to be limited. He seems an intelligent player and not a trouble maker, so can see he is one pretty much any Head Coach is happy to work with. 

Thorup used his wide players as goal scorers at Nordsjaelland, and Fassnacht is very good at getting in at the back post. 

..but sadly, he remains very underwhelming as a player in this league and doesn't offer anything to get supporters off their seats.  Hasn't really been an impact player either.    Not sure any manager will get a lot more from him.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Jason Shackell’s Limp Tack said:

I think Nunez would be incredibly hard to replace. It amazes me how often his contributions are overlooked. The midfield was a shadow without him last season. In fact he's the player one should build a midfield around. I'd rather realise the capital from Sara and Rowe who's sales must be pretty much nailed on.

Yes, be much happier to see McLean go than Nunez.  

3 minutes ago, ged in the onion bag said:

Yes, be much happier to see McLean go than Nunez.  

Indeed, I would agree. But the point of any further outgoings (after we have already released the "dead wood") is to raise serious money to enable transfers in to the squad. McLean would not command a fee significant enough to compensate for the loss of his experience, influence, and ability. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, ged in the onion bag said:

..but sadly, he remains very underwhelming as a player in this league and doesn't offer anything to get supporters off their seats.  Hasn't really been an impact player either.    Not sure any manager will get a lot more from him.

6 goals and 2 assists in the league in his first season of English football. The first season he has played anywhere but Switzerland.

That's in 40 appearances ammounting to 1815mins. That's about 45mins per game. He was a sub that came on 17 times and subbed off 21 times. All in the league.

I feel he has been underated. He may not be Rowe but he helped bring balance by being good at tracking back. Certainly a willing tackler and appeared to deal with the physicality well. He didn't look out of place, perhaps not an eye pleaser with twinkle toes like others.

Worth noting that Sainz got the same goals and assists but from more minutes in 7 fewer games.

"Supporters off their seats" should never be a factor. Results are. Kenny would have been shipped out seasons ago by several folks on here for similar reasons.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Ulfotto said:

Nunez was a bit of a flat bully if you ask me. Outstanding against the bottom half of the championship but doesn’t look the same against the top sides.

He was outstanding in the first leg of the play-off semi against Leeds. I think he's just getting better and better.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Jason Shackell’s Limp Tack said:

Agreed. Sara scores great goals though and is capable of killer passes. If Nunez goes then I can see Sara jumping ship as well. Possibly even Kenny as well if he's had enough of the managerial merry go round.

Nunez seems an unnecessary sale and smacks of financial desperation. I was hoping selling Rowe and possibly Sara too would be enough.

I'm hoping for a quiet summer window!

As much as it hurts, the best option for us is to sell Rowe. He should command the highest fee, and we have a ready made replacement already in the building in Kamara. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ged in the onion bag said:

I got off my seat when he belted that free kick in v the Binners. Think he is being undervalued here.

Nunez will be missed as there is not a ready replacement for his skill set unless Liam Gibbs improves dramatically.

Like some have said, Johnny Rowe is easier top replace than Nunez atm.

Also I feel that it is important for us to have international players in our team, as they increase our portfolio to attract other international players and different revenue streams. 

1 hour ago, horsefly said:

McLean would not command a fee significant enough to compensate for the loss of his experience, influence, and ability. 

He's just moving into his peak "net" value at Norwich now! 😉 

1 hour ago, Robert N. LiM said:

He was outstanding in the first leg of the play-off semi against Leeds. I think he's just getting better and better.

Agreed would be very strange sale, especially at the numbers being mentioned, must be barely more than we paid.

One player I think would be good to sell would be Hernandez. I know we wouldn’t get much money for him, but because he’s only got one year left (+1), injury prone, past it, doesn’t fit in with Knapper’s age profile, and probably on a salary of about £1m p/a looking back at the time he’s been with us 

1 hour ago, chicken said:

6 goals and 2 assists in the league in his first season of English football. The first season he has played anywhere but Switzerland.

That's in 40 appearances ammounting to 1815mins. That's about 45mins per game. He was a sub that came on 17 times and subbed off 21 times. All in the league.

I feel he has been underated. He may not be Rowe but he helped bring balance by being good at tracking back. Certainly a willing tackler and appeared to deal with the physicality well. He didn't look out of place, perhaps not an eye pleaser with twinkle toes like others.

Worth noting that Sainz got the same goals and assists but from more minutes in 7 fewer games.

"Supporters off their seats" should never be a factor. Results are. Kenny would have been shipped out seasons ago by several folks on here for similar reasons.

Totally agree with this. 

I've people in front of where I sit at Carra and they relentlessly slag him off whenever he plays. Seems a bit ridiculous to me. I thought he made a decent contribution without being flashy. 

1 hour ago, Channon’s Windmill said:

I got off my seat when he belted that free kick in v the Binners. Think he is being undervalued here.

Steady on old chap! There’s no need for ungentlemanly conduct like that. You might wake someone up.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Steady on old chap! There’s no need for ungentlemanly conduct like that. You might wake someone up.

Too early for this kind of innuendo Nuffy. I hate to imagine what it’s like in your house in the morning! 😁

Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, HazzaJet said:

One player I think would be good to sell would be Hernandez. I know we wouldn’t get much money for him, but because he’s only got one year left (+1), injury prone, past it, doesn’t fit in with Knapper’s age profile, and probably on a salary of about £1m p/a looking back at the time he’s been with us 

For the pittance we'd get for him, we might as well keep him for the last year of his contract just for a bit of direct impact off the bench. I'm doubtful as to whether anyone would actually want to pay a fee for him, and he's obviously very settled and happy in Norwich anyway.

If, as has been posited, we are in a 'sell to buy' situation in the transfer market, we will need to offload at least one of our more valuable players. I'd expect Sara and/or Rowe to be the most likely to leave, and they'd also command the highest fees of anyone in our squad. Can't imagine we'd entertain offers of under £15m for either of them.

EDIT: Sarge would also likely be in the same price bracket, but with his injury I think he's less likely to get suitors willing to come close to our valuation. Fingers crossed he doesn't make the USMNT squad for the Copa America.

Edited by Feedthewolf