Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man

*** Official Summer 2024 Transfer Rumour Thread ***

1 hour ago, aBee said:

Marcondes is pretty decent without having really established at either Brentford or Bournemouth in the Championship. He did score a nice goal in the 2021 play off final and was popular with fans. Fit and with a good run of games he is capable of being very dangerous. Friends who are Hibs ST holders said they’d love him to join them permanently and iirc he scored their goal of the season. You could do much worse for a free transfer. We got the impression Dean Smith didn’t think too much of him so that may be a positive too. 

Also, you guys should look at a deal for Neal Maupay. I think he’d score a lot in the Championship again and getting around 10 a season if not at Everton in the PL is a reasonable return for a player who Dyche would drive to you if he could bear the 5 hours in the car in his company. You have pace elsewhere so his lack of it wouldn’t be a big problem. Also he’s fun and we all need a bit of that when watching our team. 

Would be a great signing for a top championship club, but his wages will prohibit. 

1 hour ago, aBee said:

Marcondes is pretty decent without having really established at either Brentford or Bournemouth in the Championship. He did score a nice goal in the 2021 play off final and was popular with fans. Fit and with a good run of games he is capable of being very dangerous. Friends who are Hibs ST holders said they’d love him to join them permanently and iirc he scored their goal of the season. You could do much worse for a free transfer. We got the impression Dean Smith didn’t think too much of him so that may be a positive too. 

Also, you guys should look at a deal for Neal Maupay. I think he’d score a lot in the Championship again and getting around 10 a season if not at Everton in the PL is a reasonable return for a player who Dyche would drive to you if he could bear the 5 hours in the car in his company. You have pace elsewhere so his lack of it wouldn’t be a big problem. Also he’s fun and we all need a bit of that when watching our team. 

Nothing better to do with his time than tout his clubs failures on another forum. What is up with some people?

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Nothing better to do with his time than tout his clubs failures on another forum. What is up with some people?

Maupay was not a failure at Brentford.

• Like 1

Maupay and Barnes up front!!

We'd be the most hated team in the league !! 😂 😂 

• Haha 5

I just read Scott McKenna has been released from Forest , he was always a solid player 

must admit i do not follow his career  that closely  recently has he had injuries ? just been out on loan 

still only 27 year old 

Mckenna just seems to have disappeared under the scattergun deluge of ffp busting signings at forest

If fit and hungry is the right age for next gen experience, like stacey last year.

All these names of old heads popping up. I really don't think we'll be buying players over a certain age, but I can see how we may go for some "older" players on free transfers. 

I think Thorup will be tasked in getting the most out of the youth already at the club. I fully expect to see the likes of Kamara starting and players such as Welch, Aboh, Hills, Adegboyega etc getting on the bench. Maybe even Elliot Myles if they think he's ready. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Norwich 'tracking' Yang Min-Hyuk according to media in Korea.

https://x.com/KNTFootball/status/1798540802647536089 

He is one of the rising stars of Korean football and is burdened with the label of the 'next Son Heung-Min'. Would be a very good signing for Norwich, although most likely one for the development team initially.

"next Son Heung-Min"

Is his agent the one saying that to all the papers and media sites then or..?

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

"next Son Heung-Min"

Is his agent the one saying that to all the papers and media sites then or..?

It is how the Korean media and fans refer to him. There are a few 'next Son Heung-Min's in Korea at the moment and Min-Hyuk is one of them. Largely due his pace, dribbling ability and being a decent finisher. He is also fairly comfortable on both feet, although not to the extent of Son.

• Thanks 4

16 hours ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Would be a great signing for a top championship club, but his wages will prohibit. 

Not necessarily. He’s very much a player who needs to feel wanted and appreciated. When he first joined Brentford he did so in the face of a higher wage offer from Brighton. When he then joined Brighton he accepted a lower wage than we’d offered for him to extend. Back in 2019 when that happened, we were offering much lower wages than Norwich did. We’re still quite low payers (albeit by PL rather than Championship standards) so wouldn’t have loaned him at a silly wage and Everton may not have needed to up his Brighton wages by very much. If you can afford Barnes’ wage as having been in the PL long term, it wouldn’t be obviously impossible. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, aBee said:

Not necessarily. He’s very much a player who needs to feel wanted and appreciated. When he first joined Brentford he did so in the face of a higher wage offer from Brighton. When he then joined Brighton he accepted a lower wage than we’d offered for him to extend. Back in 2019 when that happened, we were offering much lower wages than Norwich did. We’re still quite low payers (albeit by PL rather than Championship standards) so wouldn’t have loaned him at a silly wage and Everton may not have needed to up his Brighton wages by very much. If you can afford Barnes’ wage as having been in the PL long term, it wouldn’t be obviously impossible. 

I also didn’t realise he was only 27. But look at this way, he’s unlikely to drop into the Championship to sit on a bench behind Sargent. 

1 hour ago, Danke bitte said:

I also didn’t realise he was only 27. But look at this way, he’s unlikely to drop into the Championship to sit on a bench behind Sargent. 

Best signing of the summer if come the end of the window someone is IMO.

1 hour ago, Danke bitte said:

I could be wrong, but isn't he more of a No.10/attacking midfielder than out and out striker? 

• Like 1

I wonder whether they'll be any movement on the free agent which is Chris Willock soon. No doubt he's on his holidays like many others, so things should pick up over the coming weeks.

Posted (edited)

Maupay may be a decent striker but if there's one thing I know is that also a dirty, rather scummy cheating prat of a man who nobody likes.

Very much the attitude and personality you don't want in a newly assembled team with a new manager that needs trust, togetherness and teamwork.

Edited by cambridgeshire canary
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, chicken said:

I could be wrong, but isn't he more of a No.10/attacking midfielder than out and out striker? 

He prefers to play as a striker

Pinkun reporting a quiet couple of weeks coming up. Not likely to see any incomings in that period. 

2 minutes ago, Satriales said:

Pinkun reporting a quiet couple of weeks coming up. Not likely to see any incomings in that period. 

Long as there's no outgoings either I can accept that.. 

10 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I think everyone except Onel is on holiday! 

Maupay is completely the wrong type of player for our new coach's plans. Apart from that he's ideal.

57 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I imagine it will be quiet when players are away on holidays. Should hopefully see more movement mid June.

1 hour ago, Satriales said:

Think that will be the same everywhere with the Euros starting next week

Couple of interesting players in the Greek side that lost narrowly to Germany. Giannoulus and Tzolis. Might we be in for them?

15 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Couple of interesting players in the Greek side that lost narrowly to Germany. Giannoulus and Tzolis. Might we be in for them?

200w.gif.0f46c38d1711601d08022bd62a539148.gif

15 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

200w.gif.0f46c38d1711601d08022bd62a539148.gif

Well I am sorry but this Tzolis chap looks a very 'us' player. Young, done well on the continent... 

11 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Well I am sorry but this Tzolis chap looks a very 'us' player. Young, done well on the continent... 

200w.gif.0f46c38d1711601d08022bd62a539148.gif.436f4b51f1ef03012cb0363ae149b870.gif