Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man

*** Official Summer 2024 Transfer Rumour Thread ***

8 minutes ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

CanaryJerry. He doesn't get to many reactions so I'm sure he'd appreciate a few more followers  

No chance that’s a spam account

4 minutes ago, Soldier on said:

No chance that’s a spam account

It's inspired me to set up my own ITK account.

Think my first post will be thay we are in discussions to sign a player from abroad, he may be interested if the clubs can agree the right fee and he agrees wagers.

Then when one signs I'll claim to be ITK.

Whatever ever happened to CUSDP on here, he genuinely seemed to be in the know.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Cordoba is a done deal, with plenty of Bulgarian confirmation.

I'd guess burrows is much more specualtive atm; impressive season and looks like one to kick on.   Frese could be the other to warch

Edited by ZLF

4 minutes ago, ZLF said:

Cordoba is a done deal, with plenty of Bulgarian confirmation.

I'd guess burrows is much more specualtive atm; impressive season and looks like one ro kick on.   Frese could be the other yo warch

I’ll have what you’re drinking.

Colby Bishop is the latest to be linked although the reported fee of £1m for the promoted 27 yo Portsmouth striker (last year of contract) seems to be a little on the light side.

7 minutes ago, ZLF said:

Colby Bishop is the latest to be linked although the reported fee of £1m for the promoted 27 yo Portsmouth striker (last year of contract) seems to be a little on the light side.

I think this would be a tidy signing as back up to Sargent (If we can keep him).
I agree though, the fee seems slightly too low.
Where did you see this link?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NR32-Yellow said:

I think this would be a tidy signing as back up to Sargent (If we can keep him).
I agree though, the fee seems slightly too low.
Where did you see this link?

Probably just another made up scenario in order to get fans wound up - I have not seen a link on this on any site so take it with a pinch of salt 

Be interested to see if any of the below make their way north to Norwich. We've recruited people like Barden and Josh Martin before , the Knapper links and we have some work to do in the u21/u18s this pre-season. James Sweet looked like a promising attacking right back and Okonkwo would be a very competitive no2. for Angus after a very impressive loan at Wrexham. 

https://arsenalyouth.wordpress.com/2024/06/03/james-sweet-cirjan-and-john-jules-amongst-16-academy-players-to-leave-arsenal/

Been calling for Harrison Burrows since the middle of last season. 

As my FM scouts would say. 

" *91* Burrows would be a superb signing, sign him whatever the cost " 

6 hours ago, ZLF said:

That transfer rumour account is the worst one on Twitter (and that takes some doing)

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

I gather we never even made a bid for Mbappe. Can’t even afford free transfers now.

Maybe they decided he was a bit too old for the new regime?

• Haha 1

On 03/06/2024 at 13:29, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Been calling for Harrison Burrows since the middle of last season. 

As my FM scouts would say. 

" *91* Burrows would be a superb signing, sign him whatever the cost " 

Not happening this one. From an extremely reliable source 

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, SwearyCanary said:

Big shame if true. The lad looks a proper player. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, SwearyCanary said:

Boo *hiss*

Edited by GodlyOtsemobor
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, BobLoz3 said:

Big shame if true. The lad looks a proper player. 

So you're saying we are not spending five million plus on a league one player? Awwww..

8 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

So you're saying we are not spending five million plus on a league one player? Awwww..

I'm not saying anything other than he looks like a good player. Peterborough are renowned for producing decent players, and the last LB we had from them did pretty well 😁 

Thing is, they also like to hold out for decent money. 

15 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Jesus, CC. Sometimes you really need to pull your head out of your backside. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Marcondes linked to Norwich on a free transfer. Worked with Thorup at Nordsjaelland, so a fairly obvious link. Would be a certain irony if the new head coach brought in for his ability to work with young players gets the club to bring in a 29 year old...

https://x.com/SportsPeteO/status/1798302328614981679

Not happening.

5 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

But I like being right! It happens so rarely!

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Not happening.

Being right is one thing. Constantly banging on about 

"Spending X amount one a LEAGUE ONE PLAYER" is what does my swede in. League one club he may play for, but his ability and potential is certainly much much higher than that! 

Did you act all high and mighty when we signed Adam Drury from a league one club? Or Grant Holt?  

4 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Being right is one thing. Constantly banging on about 

"Spending X amount one a LEAGUE ONE PLAYER" is what does my swede in. League one club he may play for, but his ability and potential is certainly much much higher than that! 

Did you act all high and mighty when we signed Adam Drury from a league one club? Or Grant Holt?  

£5m for a League One player would put them in the top 10 most expensive players ever from that League and the most expensive League One defender ever. While Norwich might sign a League One player, they are not going to be spending £5m on one (and are not likely to spend that much on any player unless there are a significant amount of sales) and certain not on a defender.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Not happening.

For me, this is an interesting response. "As of now" and "things can change" then "right now" to echo the first sentiment.

I could be way off the mark here but it seems a bit like he isn't a primary target but could be a back up should the first option or two not come off.

Or possibly a 'lets see what happens over the next couple of weeks' type of squad filler we turn to later in the window.

2 hours ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

I’d argue the ‘sometimes’ is a tad superfluous! 

• Haha 1

Córdoba has said goodbye to his old club on Twitter, can’t be long till this is confirmed now surely.

10 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

Córdoba has said goodbye to his old club on Twitter, can’t be long till this is confirmed now surely.

And it was liked by Borja Sainz :classic_laugh:

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, chicken said:

For me, this is an interesting response. "As of now" and "things can change" then "right now" to echo the first sentiment.

I could be way off the mark here but it seems a bit like he isn't a primary target but could be a back up should the first option or two not come off.

Or possibly a 'lets see what happens over the next couple of weeks' type of squad filler we turn to later in the window.

Marcondes is pretty decent without having really established at either Brentford or Bournemouth in the Championship. He did score a nice goal in the 2021 play off final and was popular with fans. Fit and with a good run of games he is capable of being very dangerous. Friends who are Hibs ST holders said they’d love him to join them permanently and iirc he scored their goal of the season. You could do much worse for a free transfer. We got the impression Dean Smith didn’t think too much of him so that may be a positive too. 

Also, you guys should look at a deal for Neal Maupay. I think he’d score a lot in the Championship again and getting around 10 a season if not at Everton in the PL is a reasonable return for a player who Dyche would drive to you if he could bear the 5 hours in the car in his company. You have pace elsewhere so his lack of it wouldn’t be a big problem. Also he’s fun and we all need a bit of that when watching our team. 

On 03/06/2024 at 10:13, ZLF said:

Hope that isn't £1m with Abu Kamara thrown in.

Can't think there is anything on it at all, let alone with kamara