Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man

*** Official Summer 2024 Transfer Rumour Thread ***

12 hours ago, JonnyJonnyRowe said:

Could the Dereham Deco be coming home?

****ing hope not

5 hours ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Believe he is regarded as one of the best young defenders in the English youth system. I'd expect a Prem club has snapped him up.

Agreed, meant to be a real prospect and can cover right back and centreback. Think it was Zinchenko who was waxing lyrical about him from a training game. Would imagine he might have his sights set on somewhere higher up the food chain than us, probably in the Bundesliga. 

4 hours ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Screenshot_20240515-132421~2.png

To be fair much as I posted about this I'm not sure him joking "Nah mate why would I join Spurs when I support Arsenal?" should be taken too seriously (Just like most things I post!)

A player who impressed me this season was Rubin Colwill, of Cardiff, but he is probably a bit too old now for Knapper, at 22.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Sara linked with Roma:

https://www.pinkun.com/sport/norwich-city/24338488.roma-hold-interested-citys-gabriel-sara---reports/?fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTEAAR3KCirOjgEHUQrHOycy_FaeqqiRqX2aG1Uagnqo60iCOdbvfhS2dE1uZRM_aem_ZmFrZWR1bW15MTZieXRlcw

Whilst I expect Sara to leave, I can't see it being to Roma. They're still operating under limitations from being very close to the FFP limit so I can't see them having the cash available to drop the amount of money Sara that we'd demand.

Posted (edited)

Rumours are £3.65m fee agreed with levski for cordoba.

And leeds interested in George long which would be amazing

Will still turns down Sunderland as player budget not meeting his expectations, which potentially would have caused issues here to?

Edited by ZLF

1 minute ago, Soldier on said:

Any decent sources re the fee being agreed for 

Only a levski fan site so far

22 minutes ago, ZLF said:

Rumours are £3.65m fee agreed with levski for cordoba.

And leeds interested in George long which would be amazing

Will still turns down Sunderland as player budget not meeting his expectations, which potentially would have caused issues here to?

Euros or £s?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Haha, translation I saw said sterling but could be euros; def 3.65m of whichever...

Installments performance bonus may or may not be included?! New  Pinkun article may clarify

Euros it is..

Edited by ZLF
  • Like 1

£3.65m would clock in at around the 5th-6th most expensive transfer in history out of Bulgaria. Sounds a little high, suppose it might reflect the total package with clauses etc.

44 minutes ago, Mason 47 said:

£3.65m would clock in at around the 5th-6th most expensive transfer in history out of Bulgaria. Sounds a little high, suppose it might reflect the total package with clauses etc.

Suspect that's total with bonuses included

11 minutes ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

Suspect that's total with bonuses included

Having watched Rangers Review (they're pretty upset with Jose) when it was thought he was going there, seemed a concensus that it was a £3m deal which wouldn't be far away from €3.65m. I'd still be inclined to think that's the maximum inc. additions.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Harrison Burrows (Peterborough left back, captain and League One Player of the Year) linked. 

Definitely an area we need to fill, but Peterborough usually do pretty well for themselves in fee negotiations.  Will be interesting to see if the Frese lad joins, and whether we think age-group players are ready.

Allegedly £5m previously rejected by posh could indicate our spending power and appetite this summer.

3 minutes ago, ZLF said:

Allegedly £5m previously rejected by posh could indicate our spending power and appetite this summer.

If we spent five plus million on a league one player I will be surprised.

Even more so given we have got rid of two left backs who I would argue are more experienced than him.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Burrows looked a class above last season. Scores a lot for a defender, real leader too for his age. He is exactly what we should be spending money on in my opinion. He will only improve against better opposition and he is hungry.

Edited by SwearyCanary

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

If we spent five plus million on a league one player I will be surprised.

Even more so given we have got rid of two left backs who I would argue are more experienced than him.

It’s more about potential value. Both those LBs potential future value was questionable as they weren’t developing.

Burrows is a 22 year old Captain, player of the year and arguably their best player.

Thats exactly the sort of league 1 player we should be after, especially if they think he has PL potential.

Edited by Monty13
  • Like 1

According to the self claimed Oracle on X there is a deal done.

Hugely ambiguous as usual but guess at some stage when someone signs he'll be claiming it 😬

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

It’s more about potential value. Both those LBs potential future value was questionable as they weren’t developing.

Burrows is a 22 year old Captain, player of the year and arguably their best player.

Thats exactly the sort of league 1 player we should be after, especially if they think he has PL potential.

Keep in mind I'm not saying we won't sign him, just saying I would be surprised at the cost more than anything. Still, we do need left backs..

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

12 minutes ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

Hugely ambiguous as usual but guess at some stage when someone signs he'll be claiming it 😬

Who is the self claimed oracle ?

26 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Keep in mind I'm not saying we won't sign him, just saying I would be surprised at the cost more than anything. Still, we do need left backs..

5 million is not an outrageous outlay for a player of his potential, although I imagine any deal would be heavily structured to get to that value eventually.

37 minutes ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

For Burrows or Cordoba?

3 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

Definitely an area we need to fill, but Peterborough usually do pretty well for themselves in fee negotiations.  Will be interesting to see if the Frese lad joins, and whether we think age-group players are ready.

Apart from Drury. We robbed them blind on that one!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Soldier on said:

Who is the self claimed oracle ?

CanaryJerry. He doesn't get to many reactions so I'm sure he'd appreciate a few more followers  

1 hour ago, Nuff Said said:

For Burrows or Cordoba?

Strangely doesn't ever say, suggests they're not in the country so that could literally be absolutely anyone 😆