That song would sound iconic with 27,000 belting it out. 

The video the club have out together there is incredible. Proper goosebumps and encapsulates a total rollercoaster of a season. I ****ing love this club. COYFY.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Am I the only one who thinks it's actually quite crap? 🤣 It's a poor version of 'North London Forever', which is a rubbish song in it's own right. Why are we trying to copy Arsenal? 

Can see it quite easily being drowned out by marching on together if they play that as they come out

• Like 7

I'm glad so many people seem to be happy with this but I think it's absolutely dreadful. Sorry.

Utter cheese (sorry to those who like this cr@p) 

Would have been better going with a rewrite or Norwich City Calypso!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)

It's certainly a polished piece, but I'm not sure it's got anthemic qualities for the team about it. This might be my proneness to mondegreens coming through here but I didn't pick much in the lyrics that was very "team-related" and it seemed more of a paean to Norwich in general.

Not saying a slower-paced piece can't work well, I'd argue the German rapper Jan Delay actually did a sparkling job with his ballad Grün-Weisse Liebe going on about his favourite team, Werder Bremen as the lyrics were about being at the stadium, the fans, the history, and I think that set it nicely.

Think this might be better for regional tourism, somehow. But I'm the guy who thought Eric Carmen sang "Cumbria" instead of "Hungry Eyes" so what I thought I heard and what the lyrics are may be totally different.

Edited by TheGunnShow

3 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

For all the moans and complaints you have to say this season has had some pretty special momments

Gabby Sara's a good player, innee?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

This is a song by sonsofmark, wasn't done directly FOR the club or team, the club has obviously picked it up and is working with SOM to put this video together. 

I for one like the song and like that's it's been done by local talented city fans and picked up by the club. 

Edited by GodlyOtsemobor
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

It’s utterly mediocre in my view but putting personal preference aside, there is no chance in the world anyone is singing along to it at a game! 

The video is good but the song is totally dreadful!

If you want something truly inspiring then you have the Forest or Birmingham pre match anthems.  They both put OTBC firmly in the shade.

• Like 1

Must admit, I think it's pretty dreadful too.  Seem nice lads though, so feel a bit bad saying that.

Amazed that the club put the 'Boos' section in that video though, they wouldn't if things didn't pick up! 🙂

2 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

my proneness to mondegreens

Well, I learned a new word today. Now, please excuse me while I kiss this guy.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Darth Vadis said:

Am I the only one who thinks it's actually quite crap? 🤣 It's a poor version of 'North London Forever', which is a rubbish song in it's own right. Why are we trying to copy Arsenal? 

Can see it quite easily being drowned out by marching on together if they play that as they come out

I like it, but I have to say I heard the opening chords and I immediately started singing 'knock, knock, knocking on heaven's door'.

To be fair though, there's only eight notes to play with and I agree that it'd sound great being knocked out by a whole stadium of people.

Edited by littleyellowbirdie

We've got the oldest football song in the world, that's already our hallmark and we should embrace it.

Just slow it down and invest in it, as Spurs/Southampton do with 'Oh When The Spurs/Saints'… that'd be my preferred option.

But yeah, absolutely no problems if this is added to our matchday song sheet.

And props to @Indy for mentioning the Norwich City Calypso… stone cold banger. Get that back in the hymn book, stat.

• Like 2

Sorry - that's an embarrassment of a song. Tinpot.

As an exile, I'm all over this, as they say, you don't know what you've got till it's gone.

Yes, you can pick holes, I hear you after a poor performance  but if you could never get to another game at CR, you'd appreciate the opportunity to see them one more time.

I enjoyed the video and the song is decent but I cannot really see it catching hold in the ground.

How about "Love on the Terraces" by Serious Drinking. Now they were a Norwich band! 🤘

OTBC 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, A K Narey said:

I enjoyed the video and the song is decent but I cannot really see it catching hold in the ground.

How about "Love on the Terraces" by Serious Drinking. Now they were a Norwich band! 🤘

OTBC 

Or the Farmers Boys version on In The Country for a bit of self deprecation. 

• Like 2

I love this. 

Teams are coming out to this on Sunday so better learn it 😁😁

Considering Duffy's car crash and this song I hope we get our 3rd bad thing out of the way before Sunday.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Darth Vadis said:

Can see it quite easily being drowned out by marching on together if they play that as they come 

It's definitely not up my street but I always think anyone who creates music, or art, etc. deserves credit. 

As for getting it sung on the terraces? Hmm... Not sure that would work. 

Amber T is rocking up too. Doing the Jonny Rowe song and other stuff, I presume. We're definitely trying to "get the people going" 

It’s missed the mark by a million miles.

I love the Arsenal one, a modern anthem them sounds like it is enriched with the locations culture, that still sounds traditional and that gives me goosebumps 

58 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

Considering Duffy's car crash and this song I hope we get our 3rd bad thing out of the way before Sunday.

Let's just agree to include Birmingham performance, just incase. 🙂

It's not bad. I'm glad they're at least trying. I mean let's be honest, with the vocal support from our fans this season i'm convinced any little thing has gotta help