Posted (edited)

Right.I'm going to put something out there just to liven things up. 

If,by some amazing lining up of the stars,we win promotion,can anybody envisage a situation where Wagner stays and Knapper leaves. Considering their obvious differing visions for the club and choice of player, would that be a scenario that would play out?

Edited by mannings bandy legs
Grammar

Well, as far as I can see Knapper has ridden on Webber and Wagners wave into the playoffs. Wagner rightly points to what they did in the summer window. Kappers contribution in January has done nothing to help in that respect.

Knapper must surely be wanting to appoint his own man. I think it would have been easier for him if we hadn't made the play offs. But I should imagine he'll still want his own man. But there's a different pressure now. If we fail to go up, the play-offs will be the bar any new manager has to live up to.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Well, as far as I can see Knapper has ridden on Webber and Wagners wave into the playoffs. Wagner rightly points to what they did in the summer window. Kappers contribution in January has done nothing to help in that respect.

Knapper must surely be wanting to appoint his own man. I think it would have been easier for him if we hadn't made the play offs. But I should imagine he'll still want his own man. But there's a different pressure now. If we fail to go up, the play-offs will be the bar any new manager has to live up to.

So either Wagner going, was part of the deal agreed with Knapper, or more likely he agreed to work with Wagner

Knapper would have 'his own man' lined up if that was the case so why not sack him as soon as Knapper joined.

We were struggking near the bottom and it would not have caused much alarm if that did happen

So why not ?

12 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

While we have the core of players at our disposal, or reinvest the revenue if they are sold, then play offs should indeed be a realistic target for any City manager. 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, RobJames said:

So either Wagner going, was part of the deal agreed with Knapper, or more likely he agreed to work with Wagner

Knapper would have 'his own man' lined up if that was the case so why not sack him as soon as Knapper joined.

We were struggking near the bottom and it would not have caused much alarm if that did happen

So why not ?

We can only guess. But Knapper came in early and that fact may not have fitted with his plans. 
Webber didn’t appoint Farke until the next season and he joined In the spring about the time Knapper was originally due to take control.

I only say what I see. I don’t know. Nobody does.

2 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

We can only guess. But Knapper came in early and that fact may not have fitted with his plans. 
Webber didn’t appoint Farke until the next season and he joined In the spring about the time Knapper was originally due to take control.

I only say what I see. I don’t know. Nobody does.

I still attest that Delia likely put Knapper in a position where he couldn’t sack Wagner - given her reassurance call days before he’d started. That said, in interviews, I thought Knapper genuinely came across as someone that would run his own rule over the situation before acting. The upturn in form took that out of his hands, even if he’d wanted to act anyhow. Making the play offs likely means that’s still the case 

Just now, S_81 said:

I still attest that Delia likely put Knapper in a position where he couldn’t sack Wagner - given her reassurance call days before he’d started. That said, in interviews, I thought Knapper genuinely came across as someone that would run his own rule over the situation before acting. The upturn in form took that out of his hands, even if he’d wanted to act anyhow. Making the play offs likely means that’s still the case 

You’re wrong of course. Go back and listen to the interview again. Not the edited click bait version. The full interview.

Just now, nutty nigel said:

You’re wrong of course. Go back and listen to the interview again. Not the edited click bait version. The full interview.

Wrong about her call to Wagner? 

Just now, S_81 said:

Wrong about her call to Wagner? 

Yes. Go back and listen.

Then go back to the AGM interviews and listen to MWJ and Rob Butler.

1 minute ago, nutty nigel said:

Yes. Go back and listen.

Then go back to the AGM interviews and listen to MWJ and Rob Butler.

"I've known from conversations with other people that I have the full support of the owners and the board, but I think Delia picked the phone up at the right moment with Michael, together, and it meant a lot to me," David Wagner told ITV News Anglia's Andy Ward.

As I’ve said to you before - it’s inappropriate of the owners to be ringing the manager offering reassurances, especially when the new guy starts days later. You cannot seriously believe that didn’t compromise his position on day one?

Whether he wanted to act on day one is a different matter  

• Haha 1

Knapper and Attanasio are the future, that's quite clear to me. I think Wagner depends on what league we're in and whether there's a middle ground stylistically with those in charge.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, S_81 said:

"I've known from conversations with other people that I have the full support of the owners and the board, but I think Delia picked the phone up at the right moment with Michael, together, and it meant a lot to me," David Wagner told ITV News Anglia's Andy Ward.

As I’ve said to you before - it’s inappropriate of the owners to be ringing the manager offering reassurances, especially when the new guy starts days later. You cannot seriously believe that didn’t compromise his position on day one?

That’s another clickbait extract. I often think folk don’t have the attention span to find out further. 
Products of this clickbait bite size age.

We could go back and see all the other things you’ve said to me before that have turned out to be absolute nonsense. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

The bar won't be set , because we will be selling 2 or 3 of our best players. And we all know what happens when they are injured.  

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

That’s another clickbait extract. I often think folk don’t have the attention span to find out further. 
Products of this clickbait bite size age.

We could go back and see all the other things you’ve said to me before that have turned out to be absolute nonsense. 

I watched the AGM, thanks. I know what she said. I know she said he had licence to operate as Webber did. 
But I also know she phoned the manager a matter of days, even hours, prior to Knapper starting and offered Wagner assurance. And as for clickbait - it’s a quote out of Wagner’s mouth. 

I’m not a Delia out campaigner, but I do feel she compromised the independence of Knapper in making that call. 

And you nor I know whether what she said at the AGM was true or whether she actually gave a diktat to Knapper. 

Be as condescending as you like, but you don’t know 

Edited by S_81
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, S_81 said:

eh ?

A new DoF isappointed. The board has a duty to Wagner to tell him where he stands. Nothing said would not have been what has been earlier agreed with Knapper. Standard practic that alLows all sides to know where they are and can move on

And that would have been that Wagner remains the head coach, with the obvious proviso that he is achieving certain targets agreed in his contract

Thwe question is was Knapper brought  in becaus he was some sort of genius or that Webber was standing down and the board wanted someone  to contiunue the long term plan, understand what the club's idea was and work with that ?

I suggest that from what vidence can be seen it is the latter

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sufyellow said:

The bar won't be set , because we will be selling 2 or 3 of our best players. And we all know what happens when they are injured.  

Yes footblal the new cash generator

Or in the real world players will move because they get a far better offer than what we can offer

It will be them moving NOT us selling them

Thats how we signed Fisher, Gibbs, and a bit further back Godfrey, Maddison, Buendia etc

That's how it works, try to grasp that

5 minutes ago, RobJames said:

eh ?

A new DoF isappointed. The board has a duty to Wagner to tell him where he stands. Nothing said would not have been what has been earlier agreed with Knapper. Standard practic that alLows all sides to know where they are and can move on

And that would have been that Wagner remains the head coach, with the obvious proviso that he is achieving certain targets agreed in his contract

Thwe question is was Knapper brought  in becaus he was some sort of genius or that Webber was standing down and the board wanted someone  to contiunue the long term plan, understand what the club's idea was and work with that ?

I suggest that from what vidence can be seen it is the latter

The owner rang the manager and reassured him about his job before the new guy meant to have full autonomy started on the Monday. 
It could be the case that Knapper felt that left him no ability to act straight away. Or perhaps he was never going to act straight away. But my point remains that it was an inappropriate call to make by Delia.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nutty nigel said:

You mean the Webber and Wagner wave that left us in 13th place last season and 17th upon Webber leaving? 

So what you mean is that Knapper's contribution has led to a significant improvement in league standings.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, S_81 said:

I watched the AGM, thanks. I know what she said. I know she said he had licence to operate as Webber did. 
But I also know she phoned the manager a matter of days, even hours, prior to Knapper starting and offered Wagner assurance. And as for clickbait - it’s a quote out of Wagner’s mouth. 

I’m not a Delia out campaigner, but I do feel she compromised the independence of Knapper in making that call. 

And you nor I know whether what she said at the AGM was true or whether she actually gave a diktat to Knapper. 

Be as condescending as you like, but you don’t know 

I know what was in the Wagner interview. And I know what was said between MWJ and Rob Butler.

I also know the complete nonsense and childish abuse you posted to me at that time.

Condescending now? Put your house on it S_81. And you had it coming...

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Kingston Yellow said:

You mean the Webber and Wagner wave that left us in 13th place last season and 17th upon Webber leaving? 

So what you mean is that Knapper's contribution has led to a significant improvement in league standings.  

No that's not what I mean.

What Knapper contribution led to this improvement?

Edited by nutty nigel

Just now, nutty nigel said:

No that's not what I mean.

What Knapper contribution led to this improvement?

The facts are irrefutable.  Webber left after 2.5 seasons of failure.  

Knapper has overseen a significant uptick in league standings.  Neither you, nor I can make ridiculous comments like "Kappers contribution has done nothing to help ."

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

I know what was in the Wagner interview. And I know what was said between MWJ and Rob Butler.

I also know the complete nonsense and childish abuse you posted to me at that time.

Condescending now? Put your house on it S_81. And you had it coming...

You have an attitude problem and deserve a dose given back to you. Posting on here like you think you’re some kind of Oracle. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, S_81 said:

You have an attitude problem and deserve a dose given back to you. Posting on here like you think you’re some kind of Oracle. 

Im fine with that.

Oracle v Child

Let battle commence...

You’re no Oracle. You just think you are. And I’m no child. But still wish I was. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

This is good! Like an 18th century sword fight with quarter neither asked or given. 

Edited by Midlands Yellow
  • Haha 2