Sign in to follow this  
Snakepit Boy

Robert Green

Robert Green has just admitted on Radio Norfolk that he gestured at the home fans today.

I can''t imagine that the likes of Kevin Keelan or Bryan Gunn would ever have done that.

he did, i was in the disabled area ( broken ankle[:''(] ) i saw it clear - he did the david healy signal - also performed by brian blessed on soccer am this morning!

ive never liked green as a person but hes a good keeper so i''ll let him off 

He did have a point though. He does no what he is doing if he didnt he wouldnt be in the england set up and the gesture was unprofessional

If thats true its a disgrace. To do that to the people who pay his wages is a disgrace and a blatant example of biting the hand who feeds him. If he wants Premiership football so badly he should want Worthy out too!

but like he said, if you''re gonna give him stick you have to take it aswell. I think its more frustration then anything, hes passionate and wants to do well and gets frustrated!!Doesnt bother me so much. At least he cares!!!!

He''s developed a bit of an attitude this season and he thinks he''s better than the club. He should be careful or people won''t be too disappointed when he leaves. It''s not the first time he''s made some sort of gesture to the fans and he needs to watch himself.

I think what is far more telling is the reason behind the gesture.

He basically said we cannot be trusted to not lose the ball if he throws it out.

Thats why he hoofs it.

Way to go greeno, p--- of the fans and your team mates all in one day.

Seems like someone is wanting a transfer.

The atmosphere at the club from both the fans and players is horrible at the moment.

We need a new man to come in a turn this ship around.

So what? He''s right, if you give stick out you should be prepared to take it back. Though I just bet that someone with nothing better to do will make a huge deal out of this, perhaps we should arrange a "Green out" protest and drive him out!!??

It happens

He done it in the heat of the moment when he is under pressure. It wasnt his fault he had no options and perhaps felt he was getting unfair criticism which it was if he was getting the blame. And has he said, they give out the stick but dont like it back.

I thought Greeno''s comments were spot on. At least we have someone with a bit of passion and a reaction. We cant expect to have fans getting on the backs of players and them to ride it like nothings happening.

Sarcastic cheers for goalies is usually reserved for the opposition. For your own players is something else. He said himself were not the team (at the moment, I say) to play total football and if he kicks it out its for a reason. I personally dont think he''s helped by the defence pushing up (its often the only time they do!) and you can see his frustration.

The arguments of ''I pay my money I can say what I like'' may wash with some but there''s a limit. ''This is the only way I can voice my feelings'' goes only some way too - its not the fact that things are being said I just dont think it can go on and a player be criticised if he does the same back. Like Greeno says, if you dish it out and dont like it when it comes back, thats your problem. Hear hear.

The only player on the ball who has time and doesn''t actually have to hoof it - and what does he do all game? - Try using your hands for throwing the ball to one of your own players Greeny, not using them to make gestures. What do they teach these guys in training? It''s totally unbelievable it really is! -  England/World Cup you gotta be joking!!

The arguments of ''I pay my money I can say what I like'' may wash with some but there''s a limit. ''This is the only way I can voice my feelings'' goes only some way too - its not the fact that things are being said I just dont think it can go on and a player be criticised if he does the same back. Like Greeno says, if you dish it out and dont like it when it comes back, thats your problem. Hear hear.

what a load of total cobblers....your sig is only 50% right ..heart in norwich ...head...up yer a**e!!

So what was his gesture/when did it happen/why and what did he have to say about it. Everyone is talking like we all saw it, but we didnt.

Like someone else said earlier I, too, was in the snakepit and didn''t see what the gesture was, or what caused it.

To be honest I don''t really care. Green is a good keeper, and I would be sorry to see him leave. I don''t think he has been as outstanding this season as our championship season, but then again, neither has our defence (to put it mildly).

As for the throw it out, hoof it up field brigade....it is all about the time and place. I''ve seen Green throw it out, and set up really good attacking opportunities in the last three seasons, but at the same time I remember at least one occasion when he has thrown it out to Huckerby and left him exposed and cost us a goal. I think it is unfair to blame Green totally for the hoof culture we have at the moment. I actually think he looks to throw it more often than not, but when you''re chucking it to the likes of Fleming, Colin et al I can understand his reticence.

In fact, you look at guys like Shackell, and Hughes (what the f... was he doing first half today...anyone there today will remember the moment!) and I think you could argue our defence and midfield are in the ''hoof'' brigade more than our keeper.

Last thing: I can''t remember Carrow Road being quieter ever than today in the 18 years I''ve been going regularly.

I say fair play to Greeno,He has to sit infront of them moaning gits in the river end every other week,I would feel the same.

You wouldnt see him doing anything like that at the other end.

Then to come on the radio and say he didnt think he done anything wrong I have to agree.(If ya cant take it donr dish it out)

Would you feel safe throwing the ball out to our right side

today?? Fleming and Hughes 25 yds from your own goal cus I wouldnt.

The amount of space we had down the right side today it was a game made

for Johansson,he would of ripped them apart,instead we have the

headless chicken.Who I feel would be far better used at right back,at

least then we might have a right back that overlaps.

I can not beleive some people on here, they are so short sighted, you moan and groan at Greeno for long ball, give him loads of stick and then get the hump when you get some back, or of course he could listen to you and throw out to flem, oh yes, he did and i seem to remember flem take one look upfield and the what.... yes he hoofed it long, so what have we gained exactly, absolutely piss all what difference if Greeno or Flem hoof the ball long, if we actually had a midfield who could pass to a yellow shirt we would not need to play long ball, even Etuhu can''t make the side, how crap is our midfield if he can''t get in for goodness sake

Rant over

Agreed on JJ. It was obvious running at the Leics defence with the ball caused them all sorts of problems as illustrated by Hucks. With JJ on the right doing the same instead of Flem and Hughes holding hands almost we would have ripped them apart. I recall Flem overlapping once in te second half, Hughes rightly held the right back slot but then Flem just stopped and went back to the same position as Hughes. We never had anyone making runs to the right side post. As for Greeno the defence repeatedly turned their backs on him and ran to the half way line. This has obviously been coached and I wonder if Green is more fed up with the tactics than the supporters he confronted. He was probably wanting to say it wasn''t his fault. In his post match interview he made comments about the discomfort he gets from constant kicking. Perhaps that''s why he couldn''t shift his feet for the goal conceeded.

I saw Green''s gesture to the River End. And arrived home in time to hear him on the radio talk his way out of it.Green''s distribution could be better at times. But as he stated over and over in the interview, the lack of quality players in front of him doesn''t exactly encourage him to throw it out. Only a short throw to Safri, or long throw to Hucks can ever result in anything positive. This of course points to the somewhat bigger problem of having a lack of footballers in a football team. Being confident that your team mates can pass the football from point A to point B seems a minimal requirement. And yet city cannot do it.

He was actually trying to throw it out more and when Saf dropped back to him or Hucks had a bit of space on the wing , he found them with a throw.

The main problem he''s got is that as soon as he gets the ball , Drury and Fleming turn their backs on him and run upfield.Shacks and Doc nearly always do it too so what options does he have ?

Yesterday''s game totally reinforced the need for a right winger.A lot of people say JJ2 but he''s not really a winger , he''s a striker thats happy to play there to get a game every now and then.If we had someone on the right who can run at players and (heaven forbid) beat them and set up chances , then Earnie would be good for at least 25 goals next season when you factor in the amount of chances Hucks will make from the other flank.

Why is the man in charge the only one who cant see Clapalot is not a right winger (or any other type of midfielder , for that matter)?