yellowrider120

Buying tickets for the Yorkshire 'Galatasaray'

Assuming the standard 2000 allocation (?), will Yarmy brigade snap up said security passes before Sunday and hope we're still in contention or wait and see what the state of play is? I've booked refundable accommodation already (Costa Del Wakefield in fact) but if we are two or three goals behind after first leg, I would be very reluctant to go to the game as there is zero chance we would turn that round. If I do wait though the chances are the tickets could well be gone!

Strategies from travelling Yellows would be welcome. .

The only consideration is whether to invest £25 for the pleasure of first refusal or otherwise. Could be that a poor result in the first leg will result in empty seats. The Clubs don't care about that as long as they are paid for and they pay lip service to 'atmosphere.'

1 hour ago, essex canary said:

The only consideration is whether to invest £25 for the pleasure of first refusal or otherwise. Could be that a poor result in the first leg will result in empty seats. The Clubs don't care about that as long as they are paid for and they pay lip service to 'atmosphere.'

That's not what I asked. 

1 hour ago, DraytonBoy said:

The allocation should over 3K in total split between upper and lower levels.

So are you buying yours before Sunday or hanging on to see how our chances look??

1 hour ago, DraytonBoy said:

The allocation should over 3K in total split between upper and lower levels.

League rules state 10% or 2,000 whichever is the lower so we have 2,000.

1 hour ago, essex canary said:

A tad surprised you didn't mention Zoe as you are clearly attempting to wave a stick around.

2 hours ago, yellowrider120 said:

Assuming the standard 2000 allocation (?), will Yarmy brigade snap up said security passes before Sunday and hope we're still in contention or wait and see what the state of play is? I've booked refundable accommodation already (Costa Del Wakefield in fact) but if we are two or three goals behind after first leg, I would be very reluctant to go to the game as there is zero chance we would turn that round. If I do wait though the chances are the tickets could well be gone!

Strategies from travelling Yellows would be welcome. .

Read my other post about those who use yellow or canary in their names!

Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

They do, but Leeds generally give 3,000 spread over 2 tiers to clubs that want it.

Edited by Commonsense
Spelling

59 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Read my other post about those who use yellow or canary in their names!

I have but you still haven't answered the question. 

58 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

They do, but Leeds generally give 3,000 spread over 2 tiers to clubs that want it.

Our skinflints won't buy any extra tickets if there is a 20% chance that 20 of them will be left over.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Commonsense said:

Usually clubs base it on a reciprocal arrangement which would mean 1,000 extra seats being given up in the South Stand and not being available therefore to home support.

Edited by TIL 1010

2 hours ago, essex canary said:

Our skinflints won't buy any extra tickets if there is a 20% chance that 20 of them will be left over.

Just STFU.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Unless Leeds change their usual policy they'll offer City just under 3000, Sunderland were given that many in March even though Leeds were only allowed 2000 at the Stadium of Light. 

3 minutes ago, DraytonBoy said:

Unless Leeds change their usual policy they'll offer City just under 3000, Sunderland were given that many in March even though Leeds were only allowed 2000 at the Stadium of Light. 

Leeds are getting 2,022 for the first leg (info from them); Saints are getting (and have sold out) their 2,009 for WBA game.  It is odd that we rarely seem to tell supporters this kind of information. 

It's all down to crowd segregation and police control. There are only two choices at Leeds because of the entrances and exits and H&S. It is either 1,600 for the upper tier in that section of the ground alone, or c.3,000 for upper and lower. And if both are taken the away fans get the Howard Suite facilities too! Of course Norwich have the choice, it's at their risk if they go for the higher amount. One assumes the club will go for the latter but ...

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

Just STFU.

Just block him TIL. I have and it makes the board a more pleasant place without curtailing his right to constantly post his irritating bleating. (At least until someone quotes him!)

1 hour ago, shefcanary said:

It's all down to crowd segregation and police control. There are only two choices at Leeds because of the entrances and exits and H&S. It is either 1,600 for the upper tier in that section of the ground alone, or c.3,000 for upper and lower. And if both are taken the away fans get the Howard Suite facilities too! Of course Norwich have the choice, it's at their risk if they go for the higher amount. One assumes the club will go for the latter but ...

One hopes we will find out tomorrow. However based on what happened for the Leicester match, we (the club) will only go for the minimum leaving (potentially) many Yellows unable to get tickets. 

I'm not sure Galatasaray are the right link tbh all things considered.

• Like 1

I'll thinking maybe likening them to Galatasary isn't the best idea, someone obviously doesn't know their history.

21 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

I'll thinking maybe likening them to Galatasary isn't the best idea, someone obviously doesn't know their history.

That's a very fair comment. Point I was making is the much vaunted banner at said ground proudly proclaiming 'Welcome to Hell'. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Commonsense said:

"Away fans are housed on one side of the John Charles Stand (towards the South Stand). The normal allocation is 1,566 seats in the upper tier and if required then a further 1104 seats can be provided in the lower tier, making the overall allocation 2,670."

As the 1566 falls way below the minimum, then we would be allocated the lower section as well.

Assuming there is the demand - Thurs night, we might already be a few goals down etc

And for practical/segregation reasons we either take all those lower section seats, or none at all.

I cannot think Leeds would accept us saying, we'll wait until after the home leg.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, RobJames said:

"Away fans are housed on one side of the John Charles Stand (towards the South Stand). The normal allocation is 1,566 seats in the upper tier and if required then a further 1104 seats can be provided in the lower tier, making the overall allocation 2,670."

As the 1566 falls way below the minimum, then we would be allocated the lower section as well.

Assuming there is the demand - Thurs night, we might already be a few goals down etc

And for practical/segregation reasons we either take all those lower section seats, or none at all.

I cannot think Leeds would accept us saying, we'll wait until after the home leg.

Do you not expect it to sell out well before the home leg? It’s a play off semi-final FFS

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Do you not expect it to sell out well before the home leg? It’s a play off semi-final FFS

Where did I say what I expected ?

I merely posted up information for others on here - including an assumption that we would sell those tickets

And I am well aware what the game is - perhaps read my post in the spirit it was intended.

5 minutes ago, RobJames said:

Where did I say what I expected ?

I merely posted up information for others on here - including an assumption that we would sell those tickets

And I am well aware what the game is - perhaps read my post in the spirit it was intended.

Read the final sentence of what you wrote. The implication is that we wouldn’t sell out before then. You may be right but I sincerely hope you are not!

City’s allocation will be 2000 or there abouts. Even if it results in empty seats Leeds are not going to give us more than the bare minimum. Why would they? Equally Leeds could sell out a much higher number at Carrow Road but will get the minimum. It’s a very different scenario than an ordinary league match.

Also what sort of fan is waiting to see if we are still in the tie to decide whether to go. Reminds me of a time when we were drawn against, I think Southampton or Man U in the cup & there were complaints that the tickets went on sale before people knew which one we’d play.  

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Commonsense said:

It would be disappointing if it didn't. Then again it is a short notice long distance midweek match live on Sky at an unappealing venue and, as identified at Preston, the Club is not incentivising supporters.

11 minutes ago, essex canary said:

It would be disappointing if it didn't. Then again it is a short notice long distance midweek match live on Sky at an unappealing venue and, as identified at Preston, the Club is not incentivising supporters.

Not taking into account then that Leeds have an input into the pricing structure for the games but then again i fully expect Zoe to get dragged into this at some point today.

I am sure we have taken the bigger allocation as they put group 1 and 2 sales on at the same time.  There is no way the club would have done that if they could not guarantee all the group 1s a ticket.