7 minutes ago, Helsinki canary said:

Obviously didn’t pay the teenage minders a tenor to protect the car - its standard procedure up there

Not sure singing would prevent that.

• Haha 3

It does seem to be a ‘thing’ in some areas - the bits around the ground are a bit ‘old industrial’ and probably v quiet during the game…presumably ideal for such an operation.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Seems some locals of the area have said this has become rather common in recent months.

Yeah this is very true of Brum (probably done by unemployed car workers from now fully automated car plants), it's mainly small cars and even happens in "secure car parks" with CCTV monitoring. The "strip" is so fast and efficiently done, no-one gets near to arresting them. A lesson to the young lad - let the train take the strain in Brum.

It happens everywhere now. There's a shortage of car parts since Covid/Brexit.

Doesn't look the most salubrious place to leave a car!

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

I see they opened the door to let the clutch out....

and did the scummy brummy's leave a bucket of water to dip his headlights?.....

4 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Doesn't look the most salubrious place to leave a car!

Nowhere around that $hitehole is.

The poor unfortunate guy is someone called Tim Merchant.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, shefcanary said:

Yeah this is very true of Brum (probably done by unemployed car workers from now fully automated car plants), it's mainly small cars and even happens in "secure car parks" with CCTV monitoring. The "strip" is so fast and efficiently done, no-one gets near to arresting them. A lesson to the young lad - let the train take the strain in Brum.

Indeed - I had looked into driving most of the way and getting a train from Warwick Parkway or similar (decent car parking at stations, with security cameras), but decided to train all the way.  I never fancy trying to find parking around an away ground - chances are that places where there’s spaces are dodgy!

Edited by Branston Pickle

Just be thankful we live in Norwich although a lot of studies and research projects seem to suggest we will go the same way in terms of increased crime.

• Like 1

Looks like there is a fund raising page on FB, the guy is apparently an emergency doctor and needs his car for work.

This guy really took the “competitive parking” thing to the next level . Who would park there lol!

18 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

This guy really took the “competitive parking” thing to the next level . Who would park there lol!

Did look a bit like Arthur Daley arches, but without the charm!

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

Just be thankful we live in Norwich although a lot of studies and research projects seem to suggest we will go the same way in terms of increased crime.

You say this, but there was some geezer on one of the book of faces groups the other day ranting about how bad Norwich/Norfolk is and how he prefers London and Bristol as people are much more positive in these cities 🤔🤔🤔

How everyone and everything is so negative in these parts and he's never known anything like it and he's lived allover the world and even people who live in war torn countries are more positive than us natives 🤣🤣

Needless to say he was met with a lot of go live in London posts 🤣

2 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

You say this, but there was some geezer on one of the book of faces groups the other day ranting about how bad Norwich/Norfolk is and how he prefers London and Bristol as people are much more positive in these cities 🤔🤔🤔

How everyone and everything is so negative in these parts and he's never known anything like it and he's lived allover the world and even people who live in war torn countries are more positive than us natives 🤣🤣

Needless to say he was met with a lot of go live in London posts 🤣

London needs to have a wall built around it 100 foot high and then it needs to be filled in with cement.

• Like 1

Didn't people used to leave their backdoor unlocked at night. Now you can't even leave your car locked and parked 

3 minutes ago, raunds canary said:

Didn't people used to leave their backdoor unlocked at night. Now you can't even leave your car locked and parked 

Only in that mythical era that never existed.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Branston Pickle said:

Only in that mythical era that never existed.

Last summer I didn't shut my front door properly before going to bed. Awoke in the middle of the night to a flashing landing light and the neighbor sending her dog up the stairs as she was worried I was being burgled. She was more worried when she saw me makes at the top of the stairs! 

• Haha 1

I was a bit nervous coming back to my car yesterday.  It's worth nicking, but a little bit harder to take, although there have been a few instances of people taking the headlights out with a jigsaw.

Parked up by the Suez waste plant - seemed a popular option.  It was fine when I got back, with only a small bit of bird muck on it.