Sign in to follow this  
lucky green trainers

city is 8th fastest growing company in UK

according to an article in the evening news tonight, city is quoted as ''having the fastest growing profits of any company in the east of england.''  and 8th overall in the uk over a 3 year period,  according to a sunday times survey.why?  because you have to hand it to delia and michael, they know how to run a business, thats without a doubt.However, like wigan and west ham have this season, and also readings millionaire owner now intends to do next season, should they have taken more of a gamble pre-prem season?  with a proven striker and experienced central defender on board, perhaps we could have stayed up too. 

Very interesting LGT and supportive of my opinion that NCFC has become obsessed with managing everything for a return. I am surprised the counter staff who sell the pies aren''t sponsored.

I have heard some disappointing things too about NCFC''s football in schools which is basically about the money but even worse so obviously about the money as every business is entitled to make a profit.

For me Delia and Co have over cooked the goose that was laying golden eggs and with the resultant football product being so poor those of us who have had enough are merely ahead of the game.

It is quite possible to make high profits and keep the customers happy but in the case of NCFC they have so convinced themselves that they know best, aided and abetted by a sulky but sheep like public who carry on putting the cash in that they are now at the top of a very slippery slope which will force them into a serious reality check in the not too distant future.

Football is about football, get that right and you have you catalyst for sales and profits, get it wrong and you can manage yourself into oblivion.

Personally I don''t think they should have. In hindsight it is easy to say we should have.

The gamble is this -

You could be West Ham - Spend the money and it pays off

You could  be Leeds - Spend the money on doing well in Europe and it fails horribly

You could be Norwich - Be financially stable although not doing so well league wise.

I think the difference between where we are now and where Leeds ended up is that our position is easier to get out of.

Aren''t we forgetting something? Worthy would have spent the money!! He has only ever bought one decent player and he sold him. They were wise not to risk it!

Worthy out!

[quote user="Northern Canary"]West Ham took a gamble and it paid off, but it might not have. They have a good manager[/quote]

Only now can we say that West Ham have a good manager, it wasn''t long agon that West Ham fans wanted rid of him too, some people have short memories. All managers have lulls and let''s hope our is having one and give him our support for next year. It wasn''t too long ago our manager was doing good things too, remember that?