Just now, Google Bot said:

Because stuck to the system, and why we are where we are now and one of the more in form teams.  Our home record has been immense since end of last year.

pity our away record is so so poor

Huddersfield won't want enemies Leeds to go up either 😂 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mastoola said:

But again, since the injuries it’s not been that bad.

You  an all get bigger and twisted saying how lucky they have been.  But they have lost only 6 games all season that is not luck it's to do with ability.  They will very likely struggle in OK and get relegated but so will we if it happens.  They will have to go far to eclipse City's relegation record.  Just maybe they could make success of a season in PL financially something we have failed to do.

5 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Wow I thought Gunn, Stacey, Sargent, Sara, Nunez, Duffy and possibly Barnes were very good, I think Webber signed them all.

Duffy certainly isn’t. Barnes has offered little IMO. Stacey a decent addition, agreed. The rest were already here when the season started. We did little to bolster our depth in key places. If you can’t see that then there’s no helping you. 

• Confused 1

This should be another reason to motivate us to secure that play off spot and go and win the bloody lot. The chance to get the East Anglian Derby back on the biggest stage in the country. I'd love it to happen. 

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, mastoola said:

Across the season you mean?  Since the new year we've only lost away to Leicester and Leeds.  Boro was a robbery, and we were bossing that match until our wheels got ripped off.

• Like 1

Duffy and Barnes

Journeymen who both should journey on

• Like 1

Just now, S_81 said:

Duffy certainly isn’t. Barnes has offered little IMO. Stacey a decent addition, agreed. The rest were already here when the season started. We did little to bolster our depth in key places. If you can’t see that then there’s no helping you. 

Indeed that table must be totally wrong, you’ll have to have a day out at FCR sometime.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, S_81 said:

Harsh. I still think Sargent plays best with Barnes. I'm unconvinced by Duffy though. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, daly said:

Duffy and Barnes

Journeymen who both should journey on

Indeed would certainly go with your agenda as we do struggle when they don’t play.

3 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

This should be another reason to motivate us to secure that play off spot and go and win the bloody lot. The chance to get the East Anglian Derby back on the biggest stage in the country. I'd love it to happen. 

Certainly be our best chance of 6 pts...

13 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Indeed that table must be totally wrong, you’ll have to have a day out at FCR sometime.

Had plenty this season. Perhaps you missed the earlier point - but had we had a better start that would be us up tonight. But hopefully that’s to come in a few weeks. 

13 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Harsh. I still think Sargent plays best with Barnes. I'm unconvinced by Duffy though. 

I think it's an interesting point to look at, if someone has the time and inclination to look up the statistics.

Personally I think Sargent would have gotten a similar return in a more traditional system. We've had plenty of games with Barnes/ No Sargent, but not really the other way around to judge it.

I'd much rather have him available for the playoffs, though- better the devil you know, in this case.

52 minutes ago, River End Rocker said:

To be fair, they're a good example of how good coaching, confidence and teamwork can overcome deficiencies in skill. Look home and dry now.

Exactly like we were under Lambert. They're an incredibly fit team as well, just like we were under Lambert.

Yes they'll be favourites for relegation but a £150m in TV revenue to come and parachute payments after that.

We can join them if we have the desire and motivation, but there will be 4 other teams saying exactly the same thing.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Terminally Yellow said:

I think Duffy has been a handy signing for this level and has been steady enough this season. I’d keep him around even if just to let his experience run off on any youngsters coming through 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

We can join them if we have the desire and motivation, but there will be 4 other teams saying exactly the same thing.

Looking on the bright side there’s only three other teams hoping to go up so our chances have instantly improved by 5%. 😀

Every cloud…..

12 hours ago, daz said:

Huddersfield won't want enemies Leeds to go up either 😂 

Ipswich are up.

I'm now just more worried about one of Leeds or Southampton gaining confidence from their fixture. Hopefully a shambolic turgid 1-1 draw with both teams looking sketchy, so that neither gain any confidence before the play offs, particularly with us uncertain which of them we'll face in the semis. At the moment we are in the in form and consistent team in the play off places. 

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, JonnyJonnyRowe said:

Ipswich are up.

I'm now just more worried about one of Leeds or Southampton gaining confidence from their fixture. Hopefully a shambolic turgid 1-1 draw with both teams looking sketchy, so that neither gain any confidence before the play offs, particularly with us uncertain which of them we'll face in the semis. At the moment we are in the in form and consistent team in the play off places. 

True, and a very difficult pill to swallow, but credit where credit is due. How we might have challenged them without our spate of crucial injuries is debatable, suffice to say let us see Wagner's true worth, true tactical nous and ability to manage a game now that he is fully resourced.

RE: ITFC all we currently have left is to pontificate upon their fortunes in the top league, but even a yo-yo would give them the kind of financial crutch that we have survived upon for the last few seasons.

Well! Not quite all. We can, of course, question the extent to which they are currently being mugged by the intricacies of massive finance and investment companies or whatever. I like to call it a house of cards.

Our other resort is to wish McKenna being lost to them asap. Let's hope.

Whatever, with parachutes and the rest they'll still be better off than us for the foreseeable, unless Annatasio has some big surprises in store.

At least, the "Little Old Norwich" mentality is being questioned and threatened as never before. Or is it? TWTD now talks of a 40, 000 seater stadium whilst we wince and stall at improvements being made to an ageing, embarrassing Main Stand. They're even talking about poaching Sargent and Sara for god's sake, while some of us continue to be frightened of a promotion from the loveable old Chumps because we are 'not ready' for betterment.

Edited by BroadstairsR

52 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

True, and a very difficult pill to swallow, but credit where credit is due. How we might have challenged them without our spate of crucial injuries is debatable, suffice to say let us see Wagner's true worth, true tactical nous and ability to manage a game now that he is fully resourced.

RE: ITFC all we currently have left is to pontificate upon their fortunes in the top league, but even a yo-yo would give them the kind of financial crutch that we have survived upon for the last few seasons.

Well! Not quite all. We can, of course, question the extent to which they are currently being mugged by the intricacies of massive finance and investment companies or whatever. I like to call it a house of cards.

Our other resort is to wish McKenna being lost to them asap. Let's hope.

Whatever, with parachutes and the rest they'll still be better off than us for the foreseeable, unless Annatasio has some big surprises in store.

At least, the "Little Old Norwich" mentality is being questioned and threatened as never before. Or is it? TWTD now talks of a 40, 000 seater stadium whilst we wince and stall at improvements being made to an ageing, embarrassing Main Stand. They're even talking about poaching Sargent and Sara for god's sake, while some of us continue to be frightened of a promotion from the loveable old Chumps because we are 'not ready' for betterment.

Sargent and Sara wouldn’t go there! 

Ipswich will become bigger than us for the foreseeable though. And that’s pretty tough to accept. We’ve wasted chance after chance to take this club to the next level and do what Brighton and Brentford are doing. Ipswich will 100% try to emulate that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Ipswich will become bigger than us for the foreseeable though. And that’s pretty tough to accept. We’ve wasted chance after chance to take this club to the next level and do what Brighton and Brentford are doing. Ipswich will 100% try to emulate that.

That's their mindset, though, and meanwhile we discuss having Adam Idah back.

Posted (edited)

Jesus flipping Christ and that wee donkey, they even think that they'll become a Manchester United now:

"It depends how ambitious the club is. . If we can continue investing and building a sustainable football club that keeps growing year on year, we would attract a lot of interest nationally and internationally too. We have many supporters that support Ipswich due to the Robson/Ramsey years. The same could happen with 'the McKenna years'. I mean, how many Man Utd fans come from Manchester?"

What is in the water down there in little Ipswich? French blues? There are no boundaries of self disillusionment based purely upon the "Robson/Ramsey" years all that time ago.

I have come to the firm conclusion that, compared to football fans the world over,  the average Binner is of a different breed.

Edited by BroadstairsR

I’ll give them no credit, my position has not changed. Regardless of the league they are in I just hope they lose every game 100 nil

we get through the playoffs and they’ll be fuming so extra importance there now.

Never mind. If they don't blow up on Saturday (Leeds will anyway) we'll just have to relegate them next year 😉

Leeds have absolutely bottled it. I hope their terrible form follows into the playoffs.

5 hours ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Do you know a billionaire that was going to lend us half a billion quid interest free? Because that’s the only way we’ll be emulating Brighton anytime soon. Even Brentford owe their owner close to a 100 million quid.

Are 1p5hits owners going to pump in that sort of money? 

On 30/04/2024 at 22:20, Terminally Yellow said:

Christ are you still knocking about around here? 

On 30/04/2024 at 22:20, Terminally Yellow said:

Christ are you still knocking about around here? 

Not quite dead yet

Thanks for asking 

7 hours ago, Fen Canary said:

Do you know a billionaire that was going to lend us half a billion quid interest free? Because that’s the only way we’ll be emulating Brighton anytime soon. Even Brentford owe their owner close to a 100 million quid.

Are 1p5hits owners going to pump in that sort of money? 

No, but I’m sure there were many out there who would’ve been interested.