Sign in to follow this  
Tom NCFC

Flybe Confirmed!

[quote user="Web Team - Pete"]Announced about a month ago, still waiting to see who the shirt sponsor will be.[/quote]

Didn''t know that...

...but the way thing''s are phrased it basically says that Flybe are better much the shirt sponsor. All the expanding sponsorship arrangements! Make you think that it will be Flybe!

Flybe will be confirmed as shirt sponsors it the next week as Bernard Matthews pulled out of the running last week

Thank god for this! Every time we change shirt sponsors I have an awful recurring nightmare that we will end up with Bernard Matthews and ''bootiful'' splashed all over our kit. Is it true by the way, that BM were actually in the running?

I have never forgiven the Bernard Matthews sponsorship of a cup match many years ago, later broadcast on national television where the company had an idiot cavorting around dressed as a turkey which flapped it''s wings when anyone scored. I think we lost 3-1 and I still remember cringing at the prat in the costume jumping up and down in front of the camera after a Peter Barnes goal.

It set the image of Norfolk back 50 years.

Mind you MP, we have turned in a few ''turkey'' performances this season haven''t we?.

And not to mention the several ''stuffings'' as well.

[quote user="dougie"]Flybe will be confirmed as shirt sponsors it the next week as Bernard Matthews pulled out of the running last week[/quote]chickens

Who read about the new kit? I can''t remember where it was, but there was a person from the shop or sales department saying that if we brought in our 05/06 home shirt with receipt, then we would get a discount on the new one. This was then followed by something about sending shirts off to a 3rd world country.

I went into the shop at the beginning of the season and asked the manager how long the shirt was going to last, as I suspected it would be only a year unless Proton extended their sponsorship deal. The tag said the usual two year use with a three month warning if the sponsor was changed, but she and the staff present in the shop were all adamant that the shirt would run for two years so I bought it. I''d figured by the time we spotted FlyBe signs around the ground that this wasn''t the case. I can''t get too annoyed as I made a decision to part with money, but for them to be so sure (given that no extension to the sponsorship was even an idea at the time) is a bit wrong.

Anyway, getting to the point....if we went in to get this discount on the 06/07 shirt, do we have to hand in our current one? I''m all for sending stuff to African kids (I once even saw the kids of a whole village in Malawi wearing the yellow and green which was nice), but it would have to be a sizeable discount for me to consider handing it in - both Proton shirts are my favourite home colours in supporting memory.