Sign in to follow this  
gazzathegreat

watford celebrations

got back from the watford game and thought it was undoubtedly one of the most special days of my life, was great from start to finish

myself, my good mate city angel and my kids all travelled up early with the intention of watching the wigan sunderland game in a pub, but sadly no pubs were showing it (we did find one but they wouldn''t let us in); so we found two nicer pubs in the town centre

after meeting up with more friends we found the ground, what an atmosphere, like barnsley all over again, flags (a lot of very happy street vendors selling premier flags and tee shirts like they were going out of fashion); lots of inflatables, and the place was packed

stood all game (yes!!!) and it was brilliant - watford weren''t a bad team, but we never looked in danger of not winning it - two great goals too

watford catering - why did you run out of cold drinks at half time!!! but at least they gave out tap water free!!! didn''t anyone tell you lots of us were coming + hot day = mega drink sales?

the staff, management and players after the game - what a great tribute to us - thanks for that, we will always remember and be proud of everyone at the club who has achieved promotion

biggest cheer of the afternoon however belonged to city angel, she predicted 2-1 (and is now, she tells me top of the prediction league) Is this right? Please someone stop her, i cannot take anymore of her cheering another team''s goals!!!!

I was in Watford from 12.30 and I have never seen so many Norwich colours before a game - we out numbered Watford Shirts 10 to 1 easy!

Shame about pubs not letting people with colours in and those that did not letting us drink outside on such a glorious day.

Got in the ground 40 minutes early - never mind no soft drinks, what about no beer - why doesn''t everyone follow Readings example! The atmosphere was great Lowestoft must have a beach ball shortage and there can''t be a Yellow Pages in tact in Norwich! Respect to the large numbers who went in with the home fans - they seemed to manage to mass next to the Norwich end over the course of the Match. Respect to Delia for joining the fans who didn''t stop singing for 90 minutes - no exageration! Was anyone at the Beam back - could you hear us Carrow Road? The celebrations after the whistle with the team were even better than Reading and some lucky fan even got Huck''s shirt! That makes up for having a crap front seat view. If your reading this I''ll swop it for Malky''s I got from the 0-4 defeat at Chelsea two years ago?

What a day. I have had nothing but respect for the time, money and energy Norwich fans have put in this season I think we should all turn to our left at Preston and pat the person next to us on the back!

Ole Ole....Ole Ole....Going up up up!

Lovely post gazzathegreat. I too had a fantastic day, if not a bit of a surreal experience. I turned up with my dad at the ground at about 1:45 to collect our tickets, only to find they weren''t there! As we started to panic we were told that they may turn up later and sure enough by 2:15 they were there. As many of you know I couldn''t get tickets in the away end so I had to sit with the Watford fans. My dad and I got tickets thru someone he works with (via Micah Hyde apparantly) and because of this we had the oppertunity to go into a corperate lounge before the game. Going in we thought it would be full of Watford fans and a few Watford players. Imagine my delight therefore when I walked in to find Briggs, Hendo, Shackell and Jarvis sitting in the corner!! I was ecstatic. Before we left for the match I had a quick word, got their autographs on my programme and wished them well for next year. I great start to the afternoon.

The match itself was superb. I was in the East Stand where the players tunnel was and there was a suprisingly large amount of city fans in my stand. There were a row of guys in front of us who were City fans. I was pretty jealous looking over at the away end but still enjoyed the game (maybe except the last nerve racking 10 minutes!)

At the end of the game myself, my dad and about a dozen other city fans in the stand I was in went down to the tunnel and applauded the lads off the pitch. i waited a while and after he had finished doing interviews I got to chat to Nigel Worthington himself. He was very friendly and signed my programme. After a few minutes Delia herself walked round and after doing a few interviews I spoke to her too! I got her autograph on my programme and told her she was a legend. Her reply was "No I''m not, Nigel and the boys are" How wonderfully modest.

I left the ground at 5:30 with a massive grin on myself and my programme cluthed safely in my hands.

What a day!

Ps many congratulations to cityangel in the Prediction league. I got quite excited when we went 2-0 up because that was my prediction. Never mind. If you would like to pick my lottery numbers next week I''d appreciate it angel!

sounds like yours was pretty special to DD

what a treat, meeting delia and nigel like that, we saw you then, in the home stand, where you one of those on the little wall jumping and cheering?

it was a brilliant day and we are all so very, very lucky to have a club like norwich as our own

imagine supporting some teams, my daughter was on the phone earlier to one of her mates, he supports west ham, and he can''t even name anyone on their board!!!

i guess there is just not the feeling there, we are all one big happy family now and long may it continue

we have all had many tough years, and end of seasons when we have been bitter, disappointed and disillusioned

not this one, this season has been eventful and ended up as one of the best i can ever remember

and as for next season, the summer cannot come and go quick enough!!!

Well what was it about the day that made it one of the best ones I can remember for ages,
was it maybe the drive down and all the cars tooting each other and everyone waving and the scarfs all fluttering in the breeze
or
was it maybe the company in the car,gazza and her two wonderful children who kept me entertained and made me laugh especially when we were singing and her daughter was trying to conduct a conversation on her phone and couldnt hear anything
or
was it maybe as we arrived and saw so many smiling faces,so much green and yellow and so many people in fancy dress
or
was it maybe the atmosphere in the Weatherspoons pub,where we all sang our hearts out and even the bar staff were laughing and singing with us
or
was it maybe when we arrived at the ground and the whole stand was a sea of green and yellow,beach balls,balloons flags and and streamers everywhere
or
was it maybe when 10 mins before the game started Delia came out walked in front of the stand and shook hands or kissed the entire front row and then came right in the middle of us all to take her place
or
was it maybe when the players came out and I just went to pieces with the pride and passion I felt
or
was it the game,the goals and another 3 points
or
was it the aftermath,the players saying thankyou with us singing loudly,the champagne flowing and the pictures being taken and the shirts being thrown into the crowd
Yes it was all of the above and so much more that i cant put into words.It got me thinking on the journey home, back to Boxing Day morning when our Hucks signed and our prayers were answered,that was the day we knew that this would be our year,that was the day when we knew that we had someone special that would not only inspire us fans but the rest of the team too and that was the day that some of us realised Premiership here we come.I am so proud of us fans,I am so proud of our team,I am so proud of Worthy and his staff that I could burst.Never have I had a week like this,just cant get my head around it yet but will have done by next season.
P.S. And I didnt cheer when Watford scored Gazza, but we did laugh,didnt we(I had predicted 2 - 1),and yes watch out you men cause I''m out to win that prediction league,cityangel is going up,up,up!!!!

If by the wetherspoons pub you mean the Moon under the Water then I''m very disappointed that you didn''t spot me and come say hello!

peter

we, like the rest of the norwich fans were in the moon under the water, but don''t know what you look like, even if we had, trying to spot someone in there was impossible, in the end we came out, no chance of getting served!!

why are there so few pubs in watford, and no drinking allowed outside

and those londoners have the cheek to call us backward

we have all the greatest pubs in the country and we can sit outside them on matchdays, just going to some of these wonderful away grounds and locations makes you so proud of our city!

watford - join us in the 21st century, please do

It was a nightmare to get served in there (which is why we ordered 3 drinks at a time) and it did smell like someone had been ill in the middle, which is why we went into their tiny beer garden.

peter

after the match we went to the other pub in watford, the one bell, which was quieter, we were told we couldn''t stand outside, it was v hot inside and smoky, so would have been nice to relax and enjoy a pint of greene king (yes, scummer juice as i used to call it lol)

i asked one of the policeman if we could use the beer garden and he thought i was taking the ****

what a very strange place watford is!!!

Peter

I have about 40 photos from saturday including about 10 in the wetherspoons pub. Do you have an email address I can send them to so you can put them somewhere for all to see?

Peter.Raven@archant.co.uk

I''ll set up a fan''s gallery page with a few pictures (not 40 though!). My mate took a great photo of me and my mates that I hope to get online soon and I''m pretty sure the Archant photographers at the game pointed their cameras my way...

I am disappointed that so many of you found it hard to get a drink in Watford. I went to Mac''s Bar (two minutes from the ground) they were showing the Sunderland and had a beer garden full of yellow and green - close to 200 I reckon. The singing in the pub was good while perhaps a more surreal experience was the kids cutting up their yellow pages on the grass in time for the match.

We got into the ground at 2.15 and have to say it was the best atmosphere since Cardiff. There was a wall of noise for almost 2 hours! Couldn''t believe Delia came and sat about 6 seats away from me as well. Got a photo and a kiss so well chuffed. Did feel a bit sorry for her with all the attention but I suppose she was expecting it.

Captain Canary really does need to be taken to Colney for some penalty practice. I think he scored one at Reading but consistently gets beaten. I think he will need to raise his game next year in the Premiership otherwise we may be looking for a replacement come the transfer window.

Well done everyone.

dirty lyle

i unfortunately missed the episode with captain canary (and how does he pass the fitness tests at colney with a figure like that), as i was queueing for drinks at the time

perhaps we can draft in a new mascot for the premiership, what do they have to do at half time at highbury etc now?

bloody hell, it still hasn''t sunk in - going to highbury (my favourite away ground) again next year

YYYYEEESSSSS!!!

Gazza

The Captain produced another dire performance not even forcing a save from Harry the Hornet. As we will have a limited budget for playing staff we may have to make do with what we have or perhaps make some costume alterations to aid penalty taking? It does not bode well however. If CC cannot get it right at the Mad, the Vic or even Carrow what hope at Old Trafford?

Just read all the comments. Sounds like you had a great day out. Unfortunately I couldnt make it so went to the beamback at Carrow Rd. We could hear you lot singing all the way through. Sadly only a few at CR wanted to sing and party. Was a strange atmosphere. Never mind, Ive got my Crewe tickets now so am getting ready for a great party there instead.

Glad you could hear us singing at Watford, Jet heeled frontman,makes my sore throat worthwhile.Ive got my Crewe ticket as well so see you there!