Sign in to follow this  
The Voice of the Thorpe Area

Hot off the press news...

A mate of mine spoke to Rob Green after the game on saturday. Green said that the lads are behind Worthy. Green almost went to Pompey for 3million in January, but it fell through due to Kiely going there on a free. My source also told me that Green more or less said he''d be off in the summer.

Lastly, apparently Nigel is going to bring in around 6 or 7 players in the summer. One word, HELP!

Sounds pretty credible. I suspect Green will probably be off to Everton for roughly the same price.

As for the 6/7 player rumour, I think that''s pretty credible too. We''ll need a new keeper, new left back cover and I''m betting a few of our ailing last-season signings will be removed.

[quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]So is it a case of them and us and who is going to settle the impasse without either side losing face.[/quote]you could be right rude old - assuming the plan is to weather the fans dissatisfaction and reinvent the team and manager next season as a traditional city passing side - then it looks like a big spend and change of backroom staff with a promise to deliver entertaining footy could do the trick - people won''t be convinced otherwise, a blood letting looks inevitable of some sorts.  given foleys illness last close season? (how much did this affect the teams preseason perparation) and livermores age, worthy could choose to dispense with their services and bring in a new team to help change city''s playing style, which would probably satisfy enough people to give him a chance to prove himself for next season.  a few good preseason results and performances would probably crank up the carra rd faithful and the atmosphere could be again red hot come the start of the season proper. with the help of media image consultants, a trinny & suzanna makeover, (perhaps huckerby''s barber could also help here), a fake david dickenson type tan (looking pale and pasty doesn''t do him any favours) and lessons in mockney (doesn''t do redknapp any harm) he could launch himself onto an unsuspecting norfolk public in august and sweep us along to prem heaven come the following may.all is forgiven me old son, whats the odd fist salute or worthy out chant between friends, we''re all in this for the long haul? fashion, roy fashion.

I''ve got a feeling Worthy''s gonna get it right this summer with the signings. Green leaving for £3 Mill is good business considering he doesn''t seem like he wants to be here anymore! I hope worthy does get some good''ns this summer

Put it these way, he can''t much worse than Hughes so he can only improve his signings!

VOTTA source is credible. I was told the info as well, this is no april fool. I believe that green will go and that there will be a big change in the squad in the summer. Worthy spending more money, a horrendous thought. The source also said that the Earnshaw fee with agents fees came to over £3.5m. I also know Safri has been out due to "non-footballing reasons" recently. Told by Doncaster.

As long as we dont lose to many of the current squad  that would be OK for me - Green needs a new challenge and to be playing behind a decent defence at the top level to see how far he can go - he is learning nothing here any more and like most players needs to be stretched to see just how good he might become.

Not sure we need 6 or 7 but if the long ball remains we need a big target man (Sibide or Howard?),  a pacey central defender as cover (we will only have 3), a left back (no cover for drury),  two wide right midfielders, a left sided wide midfielder and a decent creative central midfielder. Thats 7 players, 6 if we can learn to keep the ball on the floor.  

The only way I would have faith in Worthy for next season is if he

signed 6 or 7 players ie

Halford,Koumas,Davenport,Wright,Sutton,Johansson and one other..But we

all know that wont happen.

Gallagher

Wright

Davenport

Shack

Drury

Halford

Safri  (would probly buy a holding midfielder as the other)

Koumas

Hucks

Sutton

Earnie

subs from : Johansson,McVeigh,Safri/Other,Rossi,Ryan,Spillane,Robinson,McKenzie

I would feel confident with that squad,but hey we can all dream

I really believe Sutton didn''t want to leave Norwich when he did and feels he still has unfinished business back here. I would like to think this extends to coaching or even managerial work for us in time.

yeah hes is going, i friend of mine is mates with him ( we both went to CNS sixth form with rob, he sees him a lot, he was even playing golf with rob when he got his 1st england call up (via text message!!))

my mate says he more then likey is leaving this summer