Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Sod Off Green!

I know some of the players read this board, and if Mr R. (nobody wants me) Green is reading this........................then  SOD OFF!.

Yes, its not nice when the home crowd jeer you, but that is no excuse for an obscene jesture towards them, after all, they pay your inflated wages, not the other way around!.

Had it been directed in my direction, I would have reported you.

Ken Nethercott, Sandy Kennon, Kevin Keelan and Brian Gunn. All great city goalkeepers and legends.

Robert who?.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

I know some of the players read this board, and if Mr R. (nobody wants me) Green is reading this........................then  SOD OFF!.

Yes, its not nice when the home crowd jeer you, but that is no excuse for an obscene jesture towards them, after all, they pay your inflated wages, not the other way around!.

Ken Nethercott, Sandy Kennon, Kevin Keelan and Brian Gunn. All great city goalkeepers and legends.

Robert who?.

[/quote]

And even BRYAN Gunn!.[:$]

[/quote]

Woooo, I raise my Gucci bootleg handbag at you sir. After all you always talk sense and are never known for spouting militant rants about meaningless subjects.

Robert who?.

[/quote]

Staggered yet again! Yes sod off Robert Green!! Honestly Wiz I despair at your deliberate attention seeking and am slightly disappointed in myself in rising to it. If this trivial incident( incidentally I agree with Greeno) is all we have to talk about then we may as well close this message board down. And as far as this "obscene" gesture, well I''m afraid I''ve seen more "obscene"  from children in playgrounds.

If I didn''t know better Wiz I''d have thought you are a bored child on half term holidays with nothing better to do with his time. It embarrasses me that some players read these message boards and have to put up with your claptrap, I only hope they can see that your bizarre spoutings are not representative of the rest of us slightly less hysterical posters.

Of all the rubbish you''ve posted Wiz, this is pretty close to the top. Obscene gesture..Please. The amount of swearing that is on the pitch is ridiculous, It''s hardly insulting, more comical. He was angry, and rightly so. He''s the best keeper in this division, and we jeer him. Nice work, hopefully he wants to move now. Keeper''s don''t get enough praise as it is. He was awesome that match, motm in my eyes. Yet it''s all about some stupid gesture. Get off your bloody high horse and don''t just give the guy a break, get behind him. Probably the best player we have at the club. But sure, "sod off" Greeno.

an obscene jesture [/quote]

An obscene jesture - was that someone who told dirty jokes in the court of Henry VIII?  Greeno''s gesture wouldn''t have been considered obscene in 1956 let alone 2006.  Still 3000 posts in sight eh?  Never mind the quality feel the width. 

[quote user="August 64"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

an obscene jesture [/quote]

An obscene jesture - was that someone who told dirty jokes in the court of Henry VIII?  Greeno''s gesture wouldn''t have been considered obscene in 1956 let alone 2006.  Still 3000 posts in sight eh?  Never mind the quality feel the width. 

[/quote]

although not obscene like giving someone the finger, it still had some meaning carried with it.....

He is our best palyer my a country mile and some!!!! Enjoy the last few games he will be gone in the summer if he has any sense mate! Good luck Robert and I hope you make the squad you have been fantastic for Norwich and if you move on this summer lets hope it is a world cup winner

[U]

[quote user="Gary Rudland"]

He is our best palyer my a country mile and some!!!! Enjoy the last few games he will be gone in the summer if he has any sense mate! Good luck Robert and I hope you make the squad you have been fantastic for Norwich and if you move on this summer lets hope it is a world cup winner

[U]

[/quote]

There`s a problem here , no club wants him !  jaysus , he`s  been trying for the last 18 months ... I don`t think its due to halitosis , do you ?   as for getting to the world cup  , pop into your bookies , how often are they wrong ?

i agree with just about all these posts,

yes,our rob should learn that the jeering is not directed directly at him and that it is all a bit tongue in cheek,

yes, he should not have responded the way he did  

yes, some of the people who are complaining should have a word with themselves, if you cant take the stick etc....

so i reckon all parties are to blame, so i suggest a simple answer to you all....

to all those who jeered and clapped...., its your choice, i know it was not meant nastily, but you must realise that it does affect SOME players, ie some will respond with the humour it was meant as, some will take it the wrong way.

to all those who take a holier than thou attitude...., no matter how much they earn, footballers are still human and in the heat of the moment, especially when they feel everyone is against them, they will respond in a manner that you dont think is appropriate.

and finally to mr green...., just imagine if you and all your friends etc was in a very expensive restaurant for a special occasion , and all night you had poor service and awful food,  how would you feel if the waiter, after you had complained about it, responded in the way that you did on saturday ?

OTBC

[quote user="Gamera"]Of all the rubbish you''ve posted Wiz, this is pretty close to the top. Obscene gesture..Please. The amount of swearing that is on the pitch is ridiculous, It''s hardly insulting, more comical. He was angry, and rightly so. He''s the best keeper in this division, and we jeer him. Nice work, hopefully he wants to move now. Keeper''s don''t get enough praise as it is. He was awesome that match, motm in my eyes. Yet it''s all about some stupid gesture. Get off your bloody high horse and don''t just give the guy a break, get behind him. Probably the best player we have at the club. But sure, "sod off" Greeno.
[/quote]

I have seen away fans ejected for the same gesture at Carrow Road.

Best keeper in the division?, hmm?.  IMO, even Kenny of  Sheffield United is better than Green.

And I think its interesting that no club has come in for him yet....................speaks volumes does that!, but you''re all too bloody blinkered to see that, aren''t you?.

Green is not the best keeper in this division, not by a long way. His

comment that if it were left to him he would throw it every time is

patently incorrect. For several seasons his choice is to lump it as

fast as possible to send (usually) Huckerby away. Its pathetic.

I am so relieved that at LAST people at Carrow Road have sen through

the spin around our club that we like to play football the right way

and that we are a passing club. Thats not happened for over 10 years.

So cheerio Green, destined to follow Richard Wright into medicroty city

The Rob Earnshaw one below it is better :o)

Also, has anyone else noticed the facial similarities betwixt our very own POTS Paul McVeigh and Arsenal''s Cesc Fabregas?

Greeno surely wished to say: ''I want to play football but the coaching and team set up does not let me.''

He is clearly frustrated and does not deserve to be told to sod off.

His best course would be to repair his relationship with the supporters and stay at Norwich as goalkeeping spots are like rocking horse sh!t and if you''ve got one be very sure before you leave it. A Premiership reserve team is less likely to get you in the England set up than a Championship first team.

Incidentally, Greeno looks a little like Oliver Kahn so would be popular in Germany if only for his mistaken identity.

By the way, does anyone else think a smiling Flem looks a little like Freddie Mercury and unlike Greeno he does not want to break free.