Sign in to follow this  
Alex Harvey-Jones

Who gets excited about watching Norwich??

I am based in Northampton and get to go to very few games. I''m about to complete an exam at work that I have been working for since December and consequesntly afterwards will have more time on my hands for a while now. Therefore I am hoping to go to the QPR game, Cardiff game away and the Wolves game and can''t wait to see the team I love in action. Cardiff is a long way but I''m very happy to drive it and am already excited about the prospect of the games - I''m always like an excited little kid on matchdays.

Surely some of you still feel like this too?? Surely one bad season where we could actually finish 7th hasn''t ruined everyone''s excitement for watching Norwich?? It would be good to hear from some fans who still get a real buzz out of watching their team play rather than hearing people moan about no longer wanting to go, having to drag themselves to the game and not wanting to renew their season tickets!!

The promotion season was fantastic, even losing 6-0 at Craven Cottage last season was a memorable occasion, but as I''m trying to pass the excitement and magic of football onto my kids,  for the preservation of another generation of canaries fans, I wont be making an equally long trip to any more games this season.

Looking forward to Southend, Colchester and Brentford in 2006/07 which will be more like home games as far as travelling is concerned.

i do still get that buzz on match day without a day, watching football is a great sensation.

however as soon as it turns kick off and they pass the ball to robinson or whoever who pumps it into the opposite corner, i remember how shit this is lol

Re: Who gets excited about watching Norwich??

1. Insomniacs.

2. Sleeping Cricket fans.

3. Hoofing Merchant aka Squitty.

4. The Resident Carrow Road Seagulls........Tremors created from the balls re-entry, and its subsequent impact on the £750.000 turf - brings an abundance of juicy worms to the surface.

5. Astronomers, employed by the club, to maintain visual contact of the "hoofed" ''sputnikesque satellite matchball'' as it does the customary 3 orbits of the planet before re-entry.

6. Roy Waller.

7. Anyone who doesn''t understand tactics, the passing game, or decent & quality football.

8. People who think that Coronation Street, Eastenders & Neighbours etc, are actually reality TV programmes, and NCFC games are really soaps eg: Dreamteam and Footballer''s Wives.

9. The Local Blacksmith, as profits are there to be made - replacing the ''hoofing horseshoe studs'' on the unique boots, worn exclusively by the current NCFC squad. "Clippety Clop steel toe-capped football boots" for that ''AVE IT! experience!

10. Suppliers of the double-skinned helium filled footballs to NCFC, as not all balls launched from ''Cape Carrownaveral'' return to Earth from orbit, and therefore remain in space as ''hoofjunk''........[:|]

"Remain aloof - to the proof of the hoof!" ;~)

I love this football club as much as you and any other city fan but i have virtually nil enthusiasm for this dreadful side that Worthington has built - i like you don''t get to many games at the moment - this season ive only been to three QPR, Wolves and Palace.  If you were there then you know where i''m coming from.

I''m sick to the back teeth of this team i just what to see this great club play a bit of football again thats all.     

well next season i will enjoy them again.

but i am not going to any more this season, well perhaps one.

Watching hoofball is painful, especially when there is no atmosphere either. There is little excitement about watching them at the moment

It''s very difficult to get excited about going to see Norwich these days, I remember the buzz I used to get which actually started about 10pm on a Sat morning before the game but that seems such a long, long time ago.

Now it feels a bit like being forced to watch a Chuck Norris film every Sat - same producer, same B class actors, same script, same outcome! I''ve lost count this season how many times I''ve looked at my watch and wished the time would pass quicker, as for the few away games I went to, they were even worse! I''m sure in some of those games the ref''s watch had stopped and the game actually lasted 6 hours!!

I love seeing Norwich when I can and I don''t moan if they lose because I just like being there.....

......and it helps that all the time''s i''ve been to Carrow road we''ve won!

[quote user=" Hugh Jarse"]

It''s very difficult to get excited about going to see Norwich these days, I remember the buzz I used to get which actually started about 10pm on a Sat morning before the game but that seems such a long, long time ago.

Now it feels a bit like being forced to watch a Chuck Norris film every Sat - same producer, same B class actors, same script, same outcome! I''ve lost count this season how many times I''ve looked at my watch and wished the time would pass quicker, as for the few away games I went to, they were even worse! I''m sure in some of those games the ref''s watch had stopped and the game actually lasted 6 hours!!

[/quote]Ooooops I meant 10am obviously - must be all those refs with their slack time keeping throwing me out of my regular time zone

I suppose if you go on a weekly basis is does null the sense of excitement.

I do enjoy the away matches. The thrill of going to different cities and seeing the UK is one I do relish, as it means I get to see the UK while enjoying it in the company of fellow Norfolkians.

Most supporters realise that what makes the highs so fantastic are the lows inbetween. It is true test of our patience when the lows run deep. I always look forward to a match- I spend 3.5 hours drving up for games so I have much time to dwell on things.

However I have to say that recently I have lost much of my enthusiasm for spending the money and investing in the time. Those long drives back home after watching an inept or gutless display or a scratchy narrow win against a poor side is overshadowing my enthusiasm.

I am eagerly looking forward to a new manager who will not only rekindle my enthusiasm but also reinvigorate the team and revitalise this club I love. Until that day comes, regrettably, I am finding it quite difficult to get too excited at the moment. 

I''m based in Nottingham and have decided to go to Hillsborough next weekend.  Not really looking forward to it - it''s more like a sense of duty.  I''ve only been to a handful of games this season, so my mentality is that I should really show my face for one more game this season.

I''m sure when I get there I''ll be thinking; "Hurry up and lose so we can all go home."

I''ve seen every home game this season and, yes, I do still get excited and, yes, I am nearly 40. No, I am not a Worthington fan and, no, I am not a hoofball fan. It also helps that I have recently seen five straight home wins - whatever the performance I have found myself being pleased with that.    

Mello Yellow- thats a quality post.

Right now, I would say I am indifferent. I like going to games, where else can you scream swear words without being arrested? Its just that Norwich aren''t worth watching at the moment. However I am going to Sheffield Wednesday (got mates who support Wednesday, anyway its been my fave away trip since the 5-0), Cardiff (live far closer than most city fans so its sort of a duty) and wolves ( hat trick plan, and the last day of the season is always good)

I used to be excited 3 days before the game. I haven''t been excited now since Hull away.

I couldn''t even be bothered to applaud the rubbish I saw on Saturday.

I''m sure that my excitement will return next season, but it will need drastic changes to the team and style of play.

Especially when Huckerby leaves for Sheffield United.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

Re: Who gets excited about watching Norwich??

1. Insomniacs.

2. Sleeping Cricket fans.

3. Hoofing Merchant aka Squitty.

4. The Resident Carrow Road Seagulls........Tremors created from the balls re-entry, and its subsequent impact on the £750.000 turf - brings an abundance of juicy worms to the surface.

5. Astronomers, employed by the club, to maintain visual contact of the "hoofed" ''sputnikesque satellite matchball'' as it does the customary 3 orbits of the planet before re-entry.

6. Roy Waller.

7. Anyone who doesn''t understand tactics, the passing game, or decent & quality football.

8. People who think that Coronation Street, Eastenders & Neighbours etc, are actually reality TV programmes, and NCFC games are really soaps eg: Dreamteam and Footballer''s Wives.

9. The Local Blacksmith, as profits are there to be made - replacing the ''hoofing horseshoe studs'' on the unique boots, worn exclusively by the current NCFC squad. "Clippety Clop steel toe-capped football boots" for that ''AVE IT! experience!

10. Suppliers of the double-skinned helium filled footballs to NCFC, as not all balls launched from ''Cape Carrownaveral'' return to Earth from orbit, and therefore remain in space as ''hoofjunk''........[:|]

"Remain aloof - to the proof of the hoof!" ;~)

[/quote] Well Mello I don''t qualify as any of those I''m afraid!!!

Indeed LGT, that''s probably the main attraction.

Alex- I don''t think its quick. Its been 18 long months with precious few highs and the last 9 months have been consistently poor with no sign of improvements in a so called "excuse free" season.  The place and the squad needs a kick up the backside from some new young fresh and dynamic manager with energy, ideas and passion. Its all looking a bit jaded right now.

[quote user="Tumbleweed"]

Indeed LGT, that''s probably the main attraction.

Alex- I don''t think its quick. Its been 18 long months with precious few highs and the last 9 months have been consistently poor with no sign of improvements in a so called "excuse free" season.  The place and the squad needs a kick up the backside from some new young fresh and dynamic manager with energy, ideas and passion. Its all looking a bit jaded right now.

[/quote] I agree that last season can''t be rated as a sucess but there was some pretty exciting football. Ok our defending was poor but some of the games were great to watch. 4-4 against Middlesborough, beating Bolton, Man Utd, Newcastle. I think it''s harsh to describe last season as poor and unexciting don''t you??

Alex

I think you identified the "few" highs I refer to. Apart from those we were outplayed consistently and the thrill of being back in the Prem blinded us to the fact that we were actually very poor and not really able to credibly compete. West Ham and Wigan have shown how it can be done. Just one high this season- beating Ipswich away (oh and Earnie''s celebration routines)

yer i get excited going 2 see norwich play because i dont go see them play much, only 4 times this season northampton, millwall, preston and stoke