Sign in to follow this  
Flying Dutchman

Whatever happened to SUPPORTING your club?

Bit long winded but i feel it needs to be said.

Right, first of all, I have just read ''1st wizards'' post called "SOD OFF GREEN" - dont be such an idiot.

Rob Green is a very good keeper, and probably one of the very few that

despite being at an under achieving club in world cup year, has a

chance of making Svens selection.

Green has commented on the stick he gets at Carrow road. He is only

human. If i got that kind of stick from people who were meant to be

supporting me while i was playing I''d probably do the same.

My second point. I have a friend who is a Grimsby fan, one who is a

Spurs fan and another who doesnt really support anyone but just likes

the game. Now we all go to Grimsby, Spurs and Norwich games with each

other and they have all commented on how under supportive City fans are

during matches. I have been to many Spurs and Grimsby games and even I

have noticed it. Grimsby get about 5-6,00 fans at home games and the

atmosphere there is better than norwich. It really is a let down.

So before you kick off with Green about his ''obscene gesture'' 1st

wizard, why dont you take a look around at the atmosphere that we fans

give our team. I support this club through thick and thin. No matter

what happens, I will support them. Because at the minute they really

need all the support they can get. Lets try and make it a pleasure to

run out onto that pitch, as if 25,000 people are glad to see them and

are all behind them.

Worthy outers, worthy supporters... whatever, at the end of the day

managers come and go - this is OUR team and they rely on us to be

SUPPORTIVE. We cant just cheer when we beat Man Utd 2-0, we have to

keep that going during the home losses to Sheff Weds and such.

If you call yourself a supporter - support your team.

Thanks for taking the time to read this anyway.

C

Also, I thought I''d just throw this in as it seems appropriate

sup·port Pronunciation (s-pôrt, -prt)tr.v. sup·port·ed, sup·port·ing, sup·ports

1. To bear the weight of, especially from below.

2. To hold in position so as to keep from falling, sinking, or slipping.

3. To be capable of bearing; withstand: "His flaw''d heart . . . too weak the conflict to support" Shakespeare.

4. To keep from weakening or failing; strengthen: The letter supported him in his grief.

[quote user="Loomis9301"]Bit long winded but i feel it needs to be said.

Right, first of all, I have just read ''1st wizards'' post called "SOD OFF GREEN" - dont be such an idiot.

Rob Green is a very good keeper, and probably one of the very few that despite being at an under achieving club in world cup year, has a chance of making Svens selection.

Green has commented on the stick he gets at Carrow road. He is only human. If i got that kind of stick from people who were meant to be supporting me while i was playing I''d probably do the same.

My second point. I have a friend who is a Grimsby fan, one who is a Spurs fan and another who doesnt really support anyone but just likes the game. Now we all go to Grimsby, Spurs and Norwich games with each other and they have all commented on how under supportive City fans are during matches. I have been to many Spurs and Grimsby games and even I have noticed it. Grimsby get about 5-6,00 fans at home games and the atmosphere there is better than norwich. It really is a let down.

So before you kick off with Green about his ''obscene gesture'' 1st wizard, why dont you take a look around at the atmosphere that we fans give our team. I support this club through thick and thin. No matter what happens, I will support them. Because at the minute they really need all the support they can get. Lets try and make it a pleasure to run out onto that pitch, as if 25,000 people are glad to see them and are all behind them.

Worthy outers, worthy supporters... whatever, at the end of the day managers come and go - this is OUR team and they rely on us to be SUPPORTIVE. We cant just cheer when we beat Man Utd 2-0, we have to keep that going during the home losses to Sheff Weds and such.

If you call yourself a supporter - support your team.

Thanks for taking the time to read this anyway.

C

[/quote]

Don''t be such a ''keepthefaither'' pal, and rude with it!.

I think you have the wrong end of the stick Loomis !    your asking  the crowd  to give  unconditional vocal support to the team , right ?  even though the team  play utter crap  week after week ?   even though a lot of the players  make it obvious that  they lack enough interest to make a fight of it  ....  let me tell you , the fans will always support a team of triers  , even though they lose regular ,   where it goes tits up , is when they lose regular , AND play with no passion !    its then that your  ask  becomes unreal !   

There`s a lot of supporters out there  spending a lot of money  to watch the team ,  and , all to often this season  ,  they`ve  been  repaid with awful performances ! 

If the team don`t like the atmosphere  now  , they should take a long hard look at their  contribution to this  scenario , not blame the fans  ......   because its THEY who pay  to be entertained   , and all they see out on the field   , as often as not ,  is a bunch of guys  who play worse than  a pub team on Sunday !   and not nearly as entertaining ....

Surely  the answer  lies in THEIR hands [ or feet ! ]     perform , and the fans will get vocal again , easy really , isn`t it ? 

Another way to look at this  , is to imagine  a theatre  who`s  actors can`t act  , the audience would soon  be demanding their money back , and the theatre  would  go broke  , footballers are on many thousands a week , where do they get off  in playing crap ?   its they who are taking the piss  ,  and now they winge about " atmosphere "   gimme strength !

Surely it is a viscous circle!

Thge fans moan that the players look disinterested

The players are disinterested cos the fans moan.

The cycle needs breaking. NOW

Ultimately I think this could go on forever because both stances hold some truth

YES the players did underperform and struggle despite obvious talent

Yes the fans were fickle and expected everything to be easy

Time to draw a line under it- stop screaming for scapegoats- Worthy Green whoever- chill out and just enjoy what we can till next season

Or is that too sensible...?

[quote user="vicar in green and yellow"]

Surely it is a viscous circle!

Thge fans moan that the players look disinterested

The players are disinterested cos the fans moan.

The cycle needs breaking. NOW

Ultimately I think this could go on forever because both stances hold some truth

YES the players did underperform and struggle despite obvious talent

Yes the fans were fickle and expected everything to be easy

Time to draw a line under it- stop screaming for scapegoats- Worthy Green whoever- chill out and just enjoy what we can till next season

Or is that too sensible...?

[/quote]

Its the chicken and egg situation Vicar !   the fans wouldn`t be " fickle "  if the team  showed some style and purpose  .....  , like the parsons egg , the team is good in parts !   would it disturb some vast eternal plan  for  the good parts to outnumber the bad ?    [8-)]