Sign in to follow this  
Dennis The Menace

Well I was right wasn't I?

I said we should keep Worthy didn''t I? Delia agreed saying he would turn it around and now after that silly protest we all agree that Worthy should stay. The recent results on the pitch prove that I was right all along don''t they? I was critized at the time but right in the end.

I wouldn''t go as far as to say that he has turned it around. Were still a Championship side that aren''t even in the playoffs and probably wont be this season.

He has certainly improved the situation though but it will take either an amazing run this season or a consistant performance next, if we are to say he has repaired the situation.

I''m not trying to put a downer on your comments, I''m just being realistic.

I suppose it also depends on what you feel is acceptable. I set the bar at a minimum of a top six finish. Failure to do so for me is under achievement.

Lets wait and see where we are at the end of the season before we judge.

[quote user="Dennis The Menace"]I said we should keep Worthy didn''t I? Delia agreed saying he would turn it around and now after that silly protest we all agree that Worthy should stay. The recent results on the pitch prove that I was right all along don''t they?

I was critized at the time but right in the end.
[/quote]

What do they prove??  That we have still lost more games than we have won??  That we have spent zero weeks in the top 6 this season.. That we have had only 2 decent months this season - December and March.  That we are 1 point above the worst Ipswich side for 10 years (but at least we are above them finally.......)

Worthy is no more than a Megson or Mccarthy - a hard work ethic manager whom is not the man to take us to a continued stay in the premiership.  IMO we need someone in charge whom will be able to acheive promotion and then stay up.  Worthy blatantly isnt the man for this.

we dont all agree worthy should stay.. i dont.. i want him gone!

as do the protestors.. they didnt hold fire in a protest because they have changed their mind.... if u read whats been said about it Dennis then u will understand this...

Worthington is still a poor manager.. we are having a good run now late on.. but a good run doesnt make up for a 46 game season does it? we have been awful for the past 18 months... not just good for the last 4 or 5 matches.

jas :)

I don''t know why you think you should take the credit for everything when it''s clearly Gnasher who pays most of the bills.

[quote user="Dennis The Menace"]I said we should keep Worthy didn''t I? Delia agreed saying he would turn it around and now after that silly protest we all agree that Worthy should stay. The recent results on the pitch prove that I was right all along don''t they?

I was critized at the time but right in the end.
[/quote]

"We all agree Worthy should stay".....I don''t think we all do somehow.

Results on the pitch, ok, I''m with you on that one, but the performances are still pretty average. Persitent long balls to two small players.....yeah cos that''s how Earnshaw scored millions at Cardiff. Everyone cains Peter Thorne, but he actually is the only player that is suited to meeting the needs of the driving ranges situated to the left and right of our 18 yard box.

I think you should read the post above, Safri. Dennis the menace is a binner who posts on the twtd site as Illinois blue. A serial fantasist who claims that he is living in the US of A yet posts daily on the scum site at times that would have him on the computer at 4am.

I suggest you ignore him.