Sign in to follow this  
John Boubepo

Worthy - "Promotion is on"

Yeah, ok Mr Worthington, no doubt a few gullible people will go along with that quote, the majority will consider you are blowing sunshine up their @rse to save your job

I would say that our form over the last seven games will save his job more than anything else!

At the end of the day it''s the bloke''s job to try his utmost to get us promoted until it is mathmatically impossible. If he came out with a statement saying he''d given up on the playoff''s how would most fans react then?

The purpose of a saying that is to try to motivate the players and fans alike, while there is a chance it''s worth going for, you won''t get anywhere in life with such a defeatist attitude.

Defeatist attitude or realistic attitude? - sorry Wayne but Nigel suggesting that all 3 clubs directly above us [one of which will be 10 points ahead if they win their game in hand] will all blow up and Norwich will win 8 [incl Sheff U] on the scoop is insulting my intelligence, our form may have improved recently but it simply isn''t that good and even if it was it''s too late!It''s true in many respects that you should never say never but if he wants my vote I''d rather he admitted that he got it wrong this season, especially in midfield and pledged to make a right sided midfielder his priority and while he''s at it a right back and a decent central midfielder who can actually pass the ball. My guess is, his priority will be a big target man to help justify splashing 3.5 Million on Lil Ern, it will in his eyes, justify playing hoof football aswell!

Got to agree with your thoughts John, I see next years budget being blown on a big front man and the midfield being neglected as usual but you have to remember he''s only a young manager and is still learning the trade, you have to give him time to learn by his mistakes, with a bit of luck he''ll realise that we need  right side players as well as left and hoofing high balls to a four foot front man may need some further thought.